Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Day (2016)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Patriots Day (2016)

There's a new score? What? Why is no one talking about this?

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/10...-patriots-day/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This is huge. It gives me hope now that this movie will do justice to that terrible day.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This pretty much makes it official I guess:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCZxJ7hyVx/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well, when the director announces it, I guess it's official:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCZxJ7hyVx/

#OtherStuffToo

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    And the NIN nerds who are really getting tired of more scores and no other music are disappointed
    Count me in that group of tiring of the scores. Fuck. :/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I for one love them. As someone who also loves film, I recognize that TR and AR are freaking perfect for this type of work. They've elevated each and every film they work on. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.
    Last edited by Bachy; 10-03-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    And coming out fairly soon too. I'm guessing this is a very rushed post-production schedule, to get it ready for Oscar season.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wish they weren't attached to a project about that bombing, part. by this director. Didn't like the handling of the manhunt by the police, as it looked like a military takeover more than police activity. Add in the chest thumping jingoism/nationalism that followed & this director's history of similar movies, and I'm not a fan.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    billy's imminent diss comment in 3.. 2.. 1..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Wish they weren't attached to a project about that bombing, part. by this director. Didn't like the handling of the manhunt by the police, as it looked like a military takeover more than police activity. Add in the chest thumping jingoism/nationalism that followed & this director's history of similar movies, and I'm not a fan.
    I get what you're saying, but in comparison to Before the Flood, it's clear they're not playing favorites politically.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I for one love them. As someone who also loves film, I recognize that TR and AR are freaking perfect for this type of work. They're elevated each and every film they work on. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.
    I love Trent's film score work when it doesn't feel like the only thing on Earth that he's releasing. That sure is not the current case, though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I take a new score over nothing any day. Still, I hope there will be some new NIN, too.

That being said, I really don't know how to feel about Peter Berg. I felt so excited about everything they did with Fincher because Fincher is one of my top 5 directors. Love that guy, love TRAR, it's just perfect. On the other hand I haven't seen anything from Peter Berg that stuck with me. And I don't know how to feel about the whole topic of the movie.

Then again, I didn't know how to feel about The Social Network either, and now even six years later I can't stop praising it.

Edit: Whoops, grammar.
    Last edited by niggo; 10-02-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's a little depressing that both issues like climate change and law enforcement in the face of a terrorist attack get politicized, but consider me interested sheerly on TR's & AR's scoring. Cool!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Big news indeed. This is getting an early January release so I'm guessing they are already working on this, if not close to being done.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    This is an interesting project. Berg is a big name and the expectations are high for this movie. I'm expecting very different sound textures and styles than GG or TGWTDT.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Berg is a big name and the expectations are high for this movie
    Nothing raises my expectations like having directed Hancock and Battleship!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Nothing raises my expectations like having directed Hancock and Battleship!
    I thought Lone Survivor, Friday Night Lights and The Kingdom were excellent movies. I'm really not basing my opinion of Berg based on Battleship. I think he's better than that. No one has a perfect track record.

But I think the high expectations are more because of the subject story then the fact that it's directed by Berg.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    It's a little depressing that both issues like climate change and law enforcement in the face of a terrorist attack get politicized, but consider me interested sheerly on TR's & AR's scoring. Cool!
    well said.
    first reaction...
    for me, i'm not very happy with this movie, and trent is involved
    too easy. a little bit cliché?
    Last edited by witte; 10-03-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm guessing they took this on as a way of just wanting to get back into the swing of things, possibly regardless of material, since nothing seems to be happening with Fincher at the moment.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Fuck this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I can't believe TR is going to be involved in Patriots Day. I think whatever waning respect I had for him might have just died.

If this was some indy film, or a dark comedy with a twisted message, I might fight a way to give him an artistic pass. But taking part in Hollywood's commercialization of the Boston Bombing cluster-fuck is fucking wretched.

Maybe I'll cool off eventually, but for now TR is dead to me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I too wish they were working with a different director, but I'm always up for another Trent & Atticus score. I will probably wait till the film hits home video to watch it though.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'm guessing they took this on as a way of just wanting to get back into the swing of things, possibly regardless of material, since nothing seems to be happening with Fincher at the moment.
    Fincher is actually filming a TV show. So I hope TR/AR get asked to be involved with it.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anything Berg does now cannot possibly be as bad as his first movie, Very Bad Things

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    I can't believe TR is going to be involved in Patriots Day. I think whatever waning respect I had for him might have just died.

If this was some indy film, or a dark comedy with a twisted message, I might fight a way to give him an artistic pass. But taking part in Hollywood's commercialization of the Boston Bombing cluster-fuck is fucking wretched.

I go for the second line.
    The first en the last line is bullshit.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I remember reading comments like this when he agreed to do the score for The Social Network. "What?! He's doing the score for a Facebook movie?! He's dead to me!"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Another score before new NIN:

Remember, there's still three more months in 2016. For all we know, Trent could be releasing a new NIN album in November.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I remember reading comments like this when he agreed to do the score for The Social Network. "What?! He's doing the score for a Facebook movie?! He's dead to me!"
    If you can't immediately see why the two situations are not comparable, I don't think I'll be able to explain it to you.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    its pretty obvious NIN is dead and buried......Trents new thing is corporate man at apple and doing film scores...he clearly has put movie scores and apple as his number 1 priority. NIN is just some little side project now...it sucks but it is what it is...this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out. The movie scores are never going to stop. Hes going to continue to get offer after offer after offer and he will continue to say yes, yes and yes...NIN is over people. Accept it and move on

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If you can't immediately see why the two situations are not comparable, I don't think I'll be able to explain it to you.
    No, I think they're very comparable. I can remember people saying that there shouldn't be a film made about Mark Zuckerberg because he was a hack, a thief, an asshole, a this, a that, etc. People will always complain about movies based on real events, especially if they don't fit into their view of what is acceptable subject matter and what's not.

Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    its pretty obvious NIN is dead and buried......Trents new thing is corporate man at apple and doing film scores...he clearly has put movie scores and apple as his number 1 priority. NIN is just some little side project now...it sucks but it is what it is...this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out. The movie scores are never going to stop. Hes going to continue to get offer after offer after offer and he will continue to say yes, yes and yes...NIN is over people. Accept it and move on
    You are the last person who should be telling people to "move on".
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-03-2016 at 12:20 PM.