Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Social Network (2010)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Thanks. I even checked there first but missed it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Does anyone REALLY know how many of the For Your Consideration cds have popped up? I have just begun collecting and have not seen one yet. What would be a fair price?
    Thanks, John

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    A few hundred, maybe 1500? They put a LOT out after all

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    There are about 6,000 voting members of the Academy. I would think it is conceivable for a large studio to send out that many discs if it is a film and a category of import. How many will ever see the wild is a different story.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i had forgotten that my standard CD edition had gotten ruined when my car "flooded" (i left the sunroof open overnight when it stormed like crazy two summers ago :/ ) so i just went on amazon, and there was ONE copy left, for only $6.99.

i feel quite pleased at the moment.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...has anyone made a vinyl rip of this soundtrack yet??

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    realized i had never listened to my vinyl copy before, so i put it on the other day while my fiancee and i were reading. i felt my attention drifting away from the book and toward the music because i love it so much. sounded great except for a (very visible, upon closer inspection) weird bump on side D that made the second to last track skip quite a bit. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im a huge fan of this soundtrack, excellent work from Trent and Atticus, my main favourites are: In The Hall Of The Mountain King, In Motion & On We March

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Sneakily uploaded with Gone Girl, the TSN CD is now in nin store http://store.nin.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=280

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Yeah noticed that, good price too

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Found this through reddit. Is the bluray audio version really worth this much? http://www.amazon.com/Social-Network...=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Found this through reddit. Is the bluray audio version really worth this much? http://www.amazon.com/Social-Network...=UTF8&sr=&qid=
    Yes, and I'll sell you mine for just $900!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, there's one on Discogs for $300, too. I had a chance to pay about $50 for it a year or so ago, and didn't realize what a steal that was at the time. It makes me sad thinking about it. :'(

Btw, anyone selling one for a semi-reasonable price? I'd likely put down a fair amount for it now, but probably not $1,200.97 anytime soon (or 900, @sheepdean :P)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yes, and I'll sell you mine for just $900!
    I've already got one. Not sure I'd sell it. Just wondering if it's really this rare.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Why is it I bought so many copies of TDTWWA and only one BluRay of the TSN score?

(Answer: TDTWWA was on sale for $0.25 a pop one weekend, so I gave the store a $20 bill.)

The temptation's there to buy a pile of Gone Girl records off Amazon while they're $20 shipped, but I'm so against the kind of inflation you see on things like the BluRay and the vinyl that I couldn't bring myself to sell them for more than what I paid for them. Plus shipping.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Why is it I bought so many copies of TDTWWA and only one BluRay of the TSN score?

(Answer: TDTWWA was on sale for $0.25 a pop one weekend, so I gave the store a $20 bill.)

The temptation's there to buy a pile of Gone Girl records off Amazon while they're $20 shipped, but I'm so against the kind of inflation you see on things like the BluRay and the vinyl that I couldn't bring myself to sell them for more than what I paid for them. Plus shipping.
    that's why you buy a few now, wait until they inflate, and then make the exact amount of money back, also making new collectors happy to get a really good deal.

i mean, that's what you'd do if you were a really good person, anyway.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Anyone notice the Superbowl ad that used the TSN version of In the Hall of the Mountain king?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am kicking myself for missing this Blu-Ray release (I didn't have a blu-ray player then but I should have planned ahead) it is by far my favorite soundtrack that trent has done and I want to hear the surround mix. If you are willing to sell a copy of the blu-ray audio email me slurfius@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slurfius View Post
    I am kicking myself for missing this Blu-Ray release (I didn't have a blu-ray player then but I should have planned ahead) it is by far my favorite soundtrack that trent has done and I want to hear the surround mix. If you are willing to sell a copy of the blu-ray audio email me slurfius@yahoo.com
    well so far my posts here and at forum.nin.com have only gotten me trolled. I guess the ninternet isn't what it used to be. I'm hoping one pops up on ebay (if it does I will outbid you!) While searching I found these

Vinyl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trent-Reznor...item5b0c2bc3d9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trent-Reznor...item4ae46612fc

For your consideration cd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trent-Reznor...item4d2d370ef1

signed cd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRENT-REZNOR...item2c79483062

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why are people still selling the Social Network vinyl for so damn much if it is such a bad pressing?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Why are people still selling the Social Network vinyl for so damn much if it is such a bad pressing?
    It's not a bad pressing, just subpar. And because rarity + Oscar + NIN fans like to buy all the vinyl so I can't fucking have any

Btw, @slurfius , I may be able to help

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post

Btw, @slurfius , I may be able to help
    If you can help please email me I might not have seen this post if I wasn't so bored at work. I haven't been an active member of this "community" since the year zero ARG ended. Honestly Year Zero and then especially The Slip disappointed me and I lost the faith. I still would go to see him whenever he was in chicago but NIN was no longer an obsession. The Social Network soundtrack reignited my love for Trent's music and I think Hesitation Marks is one of his best albums except for that one song.... I have a pretty good collection of 5.1 music (5.1 is the best listening experience) and when I discovered this week that there was a 5.1 mix of the social network that I had forgotten about I literally screamed
    Last edited by slurfius; 02-06-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got it!!!

Big thank you to @Reznor2112 for helping me complete my collection
    Last edited by slurfius; 02-14-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slurfius View Post
    Got it!!!

Big thank you to @Reznor2112 for helping me complete my collection
    Did it arrive all in one piece?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Does anyone know why there's not been a repressing on vinyl? It obviously sold well and is so expensive currently that there's interest in it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Does anyone know why there's not been a repressing on vinyl? It obviously sold well and is so expensive currently that there's interest in it.
    Because represses cost a lot of money down - to not a huge return for a small one. Most vinyl represses of soundtracks are handled by companies like Mondo and MVP for a reason: labels don't care about the small film score market. And TRAR may have held onto the rights a little tightly, which would also restrict represses.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, the industry is OK with selling a bag of blurays and a bag of vinyls and be done with it, not their problem if people are interested 2, 5, 25 years later? Alright, life is too short, let's move on, that's the deal?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    So, the industry is OK with selling a bag of blurays and a bag of vinyls and be done with it, not their problem if people are interested 2, 5, 25 years later? Alright, life is too short, let's move on, that's the deal?
    The main industry cares about profit and new releases. The smaller labels care about appealing to the smaller markets. As much as it sucks, that's not really unusual.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Hey, all! I've started writing a column for JoBlo.com, and my latest is on The Social Network. Check it out! http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/why-...al-network-115

You can also check out my previous (and future) installments here: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/author/brian-bitner

Enjoy!