Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The Social Network (2010)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I don't see what's so excessive about 2LP releases hovering around the $35 price point. That seems like the going rate for new releases in a lot of places.

This is probably not an argument worth getting into, though.
    $35 seems fine to me. The UK price is the equivalent of $54.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ordered yesterday and already have a tracking number!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks to @The Reason Being 's photos in the store thread, we can see that like the other Definitive Editions, TSN comes with an essay by film critic Elvis Mitchell, dated March 2020. That'll be a fun read when I get mine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone know if these will be coming to retailers? The exchange and shipping cost a lot to Canada. I know I ordered birdbox and that came available after a few weeks I believe for preorder in retailers along with With_Teeth. My local record store was told there’s no info from there suppliers yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If the previous reissues are any indication I would expect to see these listed on Amazon and in records stores in the coming months. I can't remember exactly how long I had the other reissues before they were listed on other sites.

The exchange and shipping is definitely a lot from Canada but I'm too impatient to wait for other retailers to get them :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    If the previous reissues are any indication I would expect to see these listed on Amazon and in records stores in the coming months. I can't remember exactly how long I had the other reissues before they were listed on other sites.

The exchange and shipping is definitely a lot from Canada but I'm too impatient to wait for other retailers to get them :P
    It’s not no Watchmen fiasco lol. I can wait till the holidays (Xmas presents) to get it if it’s in retailers as I’m using my money for my PS5 and Deftones Ohms lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The watchmen fiasco lol. Hopefully we never have another of those. Both my TSN and Quake have already shipped. Hoping I'll have them next week. Hopefully there's no damage. We shall see!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Stereogum retrospective on TSN that touches on some other score stuff.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Stereogum retrospective on TSN that touches on some other score stuff.
    Soooo...no download card in my TSN. Just me or anyone else?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Soooo...no download card in my TSN. Just me or anyone else?
    Nobody gettin’ no download cards for either new release

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Nobody gettin’ no download cards for either new release
    Hm, bummer. I guess I can understand that with TSN, but not releasing a digital remaster of a 26 year old soundtrack? Oof.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @MrLobster or @botley to the rescue...either of you planning on digitizing your vinyl copies of quake or TSN?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    either of you planning on digitizing your vinyl copies of quake or TSN?
    I am, but Quake only (I'd need to dig out my and re-clean my TSN for a better encoding... last time I did it I hadn't started wet cleaning), but I'm not sure I'm the guy to the rescue on that either... not really comfortable generally sharing others works this way. However, legitimate purchasers of them should be able to listen to them however they like... so... I can be convinced (let's about about the UK and ripping CDs or stupid DRM attempts).

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Just moved house and so unpacking my turntable and connecting it up is pretty low priority even if mine arrives soon-ish.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What are the hardware requirements for something like that?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    An AV receiver with the capability to receive and decode such a spec. I'm assuming that the HDMI on PC video cards will push out the signal as well. Either way, there's usually a traditional Dolby Digital fallback contained in the audio stream, at least on Blu-ray.

Looks like a high possibility of TF getting this treatment as well. Though the work was already done for surround, they'd have to do whatever special extras for Atmos.

I think I remember TGWTDT being finished in surround as well, and TR said that it wouldn't be released because (exact reasons unstated - probably Sony and commerce). A tiny glimmer of hope for this too, depending on how well TSN sells... and if I'm remembering correctly that it was already done...
    Last edited by blassster; 10-02-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I see it on my iOS phone app, but not on the Xbox app (personal preference because convenience). Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Atmos-capable receiver, and an Ultra HD Blu-ray player. And however many speakers you want to add to that configuration.

Actually, now that I think about it, regular Blu-ray supports Atmos soundtracks, so there's no reason this actually has to be on an Ultra HD Blu-ray.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Atmos-capable receiver, and an Ultra HD Blu-ray player. And however many speakers you want to add to that configuration.

Actually, now that I think about it, regular Blu-ray supports Atmos soundtracks, so there's no reason this actually has to be on an Ultra HD Blu-ray.
    Amazon Music should be able to stream the mix. So one should “only” need the capable receiver, and 5.1 speaker set up.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I've been out of the surround sound loop for a while now. Anyone know if this site knows their stuff? https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...y-atmos-sound/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    When AATCHB came out...I bought a 5.1.

When BYIT came out...I bought an HDTV.

I'm not doing this again for TSN.

For 'The Fragile' though...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just found out my AV receiver can't process dolby atmos signal.
    I think I bought it around 2013, I remember that because one of the first record I played on my new system was Hesitation Marks.
    Guess it's time to spend another $1000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I just found out my AV receiver can't process dolby atmos signal.
    I think I bought it around 2013, I remember that because one of the first record I played on my new system was Hesitation Marks.
    Guess it's time to spend another $1000.
    Yeah mine is a 2015ish Yamaha and only has DTS HD-MA, no Atmos. Might be time to upgrade also if more films are available with it also

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I think Atmos landed in around 2017. BR 2049 had atmos in theatres iirc

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It appears if you buy the new vinyl on Amazon you also get a MP3 download... https://www.amazon.com/Social-Networ...1741851&sr=8-1

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Amazon Music should be able to stream the mix. So one should “only” need the capable receiver, and 5.1 speaker set up.
    yeah i'm wondering how it'll downmix into 5.1 (and how different that will sound to the original 5.1 mix, which i love). my receiver is capable of 7.2 but not technically atmos (it's about 7 years old, i think). hoping this will get a physical release but if i have to sign up for a free trial of amazon HD music to check it out, i guess i will. still think it's bullshit that a prime subscription only comes with "standard" amazon music.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I like e.g. 4K video, but I still firmly believe all these new sound formats above 5.1 are stupid and very few people have setup to actually benefit from them at home. DTS 96/24 forever! :-)