Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 271 to 279 of 279

Thread: The Social Network (2010)

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,121
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    it would have to be a completely different story. no returning characters apart from zuckerberg. and what would the crux be? I guess those senate hearings a while back.
    I haven't paid very close attention to Zuckerberg and his life, so I can't answer that question. I also concede that it's more than likely the most interesting part of his story was told in the first movie, so a sequel probably wouldn't live up to the original. Still, if anyone could make a sequel that meets the quality of the original, it would be Sorkin, Fincher, Trent & Atticus.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I haven't paid very close attention to Zuckerberg and his life, so I can't answer that question. I also concede that it's more than likely the most interesting part of his story was told in the first movie, so a sequel probably wouldn't live up to the original. Still, if anyone could make a sequel that meets the quality of the original, it would be Sorkin, Fincher, Trent & Atticus.
    Zuckerberg has increasingly become more and more robotic over the years. I think with such a dull, lifeless character as modern day Zuck, any sort of enjoyable movie would be quite hard to achieve.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    Zuckerberg has increasingly become more and more robotic over the years. I think with such a dull, lifeless character as modern day Zuck, any sort of enjoyable movie would be quite hard to achieve.
    There was a time where he was seen as the normal guy in tech. Every time I see him now I wonder what the hell happened.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,492
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)



  5. #275
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Listened to the vinyl last night and it sounds absolutely fantastic. Amazing imaging and really clean sound. Haven't heard the OG version, so can't help with comparisons, but this sounds great.
    The essay, on the other hand....

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,979
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    There was a time where he was seen as the normal guy in tech. Every time I see him now I wonder what the hell happened.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ajax, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Available now. $47 CAD.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,135
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The first movie works because zuckerberg is just barely relatable as a human. Thatís no longer the case so I canít see how they could make a sequel.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,858
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The first movie works because zuckerberg is just barely relatable as a human. That’s no longer the case so I can’t see how they could make a sequel.
    it'll do well in the lizard-people markets

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions