Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    This girl on instagram who works at a record store just posted With Teeth and Year Zero are coming Feb 5th. Has anyone else heard this anywhere? This is the same girl who had posted when the first run of reissues were going to appear in stores and was 100% right. Check out @mionyl's ig story. 2 Massive Attack reissues coming too it seems.
    Quoting the first post in the thread since it turns out it was 99.9% right: they were supposed to come out in February.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    February 2019? they've been sitting on this for awhile.
    That's the date of when the included article was written. Something like that would likely be written months before release. It definitely doesn't mean that's when this was originally intended to be released.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    “Coincidences are strange and dangerous things."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vEzYTp...d=s34jrvizrczb

Not my IG post... But I can't wait!
    The post has now disappeared..

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    I hope he doesn't do another deviations as money is tight.
    I can give you some, if it means that he does it

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Must be legit. I couldn't zoom in on the sticker. I hope with teeth has some extra tracks. I hope he doesn't do another deviations as money is tight.
    There was a close up shot of the sticker but of course my dumb ass didn't save it. It had a clear catalog number and the same (I guess) kind of wording that the other re-releases have, in the With Teeth style font as well as a booklet/article inside in the same fashion as the other ones as well. So if it was a fake, someone went to a LOT of trouble to make it look authentic. The original LP has Home on it, so I think that'll be the only "bonus" track.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Shit, now I'm salivating again. Praying an announcement is coming soon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Sadly I could only find a cached copy of the front cover.

Last summer I believe that Rob mentioned in a podcast that he was helping with the reissues, so once you factor in the production delays at the pressing plants it probably shouldn't be long until the reissues will be finally out. Also I'd guess that the With Teeth reissue will be released via Interscope/Universal so I'm wondering if some of this delay was also caused or imposed by the record labels?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post

Last summer I believe that Rob mentioned in a podcast that he was helping with the reissues, so once you factor in the production delays at the pressing plants it probably shouldn't be long until the reissues will be finally out. Also I'd guess that the With Teeth reissue will be released via Interscope/Universal so I'm wondering if some of this delay was also caused or imposed by the record labels?

Glad you found that, I should have grabbed a screen capture. Lesson learned their, but this is legit!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Oh man. I have been eagerly awaiting Year Zero. This would be very good news if true.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just give me the Quake vinyl already!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post

We need a super magnifying glass on that hype sticker ASAP.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Home yes, maybe worked I to the sequence instead of tacked on the end.
    I have the original vinyl release of With Teeth, and both Discogs and I can confirm that Home was never tacked onto the end, it had a place in the sequence which worked quite nicely:

Side A:
    All The Love in the World
    You Know What You Are?
    The Collector
    The Hand That Feeds

Side B:
    Love Is Not Enough
    Every Day is Exactly the Same
    With Teeth

Side C:
    Only
    Getting Smaller
    Sunspots
    Home

Side D:
    The Line Begins to Blur
    Beside You In Time
    Right Where It Belongs
    Last edited by The Doctor; 11-14-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    We need a super magnifying glass on that hype sticker ASAP.
    There was a picture with the sticker up-close. I grabbed a screenshot because I knew this wouldn’t last haha. But it’s very interesting to read...

”AT LONG LAST, THE DEFINITIVE VERSION OF [WITH_TEETH], METICULOUSLY PREPARED BY TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD. REMASTERED IN 2019 ON 180-GRAM VINYL, WITH LOTS OF DETAILS ATTENDED TO THAT YOU MAY NEVER NOTICE BUT WE CARE ABOUT.

HALO NINETEEN
    ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: MAY 3, 2005”

If I can upload the screenshot somewhere I will, but I feel like posting the text here is enough, and already maybe a little risky.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-13-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't believe anyone should listen to Home at the end of the album, or skip it either. It's between Sunspots and TLBTB. I never owned the vinyl but still it's very easy to make a custom playlist or rearrange tracks. No excuses!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vEzYTp...d=s34jrvizrczb

Not my IG post... But I can't wait!
    Think they'll skip the clusterfuck and ship these through Amazon? I really dug getting my product on the day it was released.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    There was a picture with the sticker up-close. I grabbed a screenshot because I knew this wouldn’t last haha. But it’s very interesting to read...

”AT LONG LAST, THE DEFINITIVE VERSION OF [WITH_TEETH], METICULOUSLY PREPARED BY TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD. REMASTERED IN 2019 ON 180-GRAM VINYL, WITH LOTS OF DETAILS ATTENDED TO THAT YOU MAY NEVER NOTICE BUT WE CARE ABOUT.

HALO NINETEEN
    ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: MAY 3, 2005”

If I can upload the screenshot somewhere I will, but I feel like posting the text here is enough, and already maybe a little risky.
    Very interesting. I wonder what aforementioned details are.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I have the original vinyl release of With Teeth, and both Discogs and I can confirm that Home was never tacked onto the end, it had a place in the sequence which worked quite nicely:

Side A:
    All The Love in the World
    You Know What You Are?
    The Collector

Side B:
    Love Is Not Enough
    Every Day is Exactly the Same
    With Teeth

Side C:
    Only
    Getting Smaller
    Sunspots
    Home

Side D:
    The Line Begins to Blur
    Beside You In Time
    Right Where It Belongs
    Been a while since I spun that - I might have to do that tonight. Thanks for clarifying it wasn't tacked onto the end of the album; I think my copy has The Hand That Feeds on it, too though! (lol I'm sure it's an oversight )

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I never knew it was like that either. In fact, I didn't even know Home was included on the vinyl version. I thought it was just on the European CD, where it is just tacked onto the end. Glad it's part of the tracklist since it's one of my favorite songs from the era.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Very interesting. I wonder what aforementioned details are.
    Hopefully we’ll find out soon! I’m happy just knowing that these things EXIST now. We’ve still got a few weeks of 2019 left, it feels they might drop at any time.

*frantically starts stashing money for NIN 2020*

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    already gone, I think. Screen shots are better in this trying time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    already gone, I think. Screen shots are better in this trying time.
    that link is his post following the deletion of the original.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh, I see.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've listened to Year Zero so much in anticipation of getting it on vinyl I can almost understand those people buying a vinyl just to stare at it wrapped in plastic. Yeah nah still sounds weird. Anyway can't wait.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I've listened to Year Zero so much in anticipation of getting it on vinyl I can almost understand those people buying a vinyl just to stare at it wrapped in plastic. Yeah nah still sounds weird. Anyway can't wait.
    when i know something is coming out (especially a new version of something i already own) i completely abstain from exposure to it until i'm holding it in my hands. i.e. my favorite doom/black metal musician Mizmor released his new album digitally two months ago, so i've had it this whole time. but i didn't get the vinyl until yesterday, so i didn't listen to it until today. it's the same reason i don't like leaks of albums. there's something about waiting that builds anticipation and makes it a much more rewarding experience once you finally get to hear it. at least that's how it works for me, and i love it!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I never knew it was like that either. In fact, I didn't even know Home was included on the vinyl version. I thought it was just on the European CD, where it is just tacked onto the end. Glad it's part of the tracklist since it's one of my favorite songs from the era.
    Back when With Teeth was first announced, Home was promoted as an exclusive track to The Hand That Feeds promo 10" vinyl given away at listening parties. I think people got latched onto the idea of it just appearing there and nowhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Back when With Teeth was first announced, Home was promoted as an exclusive track to The Hand That Feeds promo 10" vinyl given away at listening parties. I think people got latched onto the idea of it just appearing there and nowhere else.
    The listening party record was a 7". There was a 10" picture disc that had the same track listing, but it wasn't free.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Been a while since I spun that - I might have to do that tonight. Thanks for clarifying it wasn't tacked onto the end of the album; I think my copy has The Hand That Feeds on it, too though! (lol I'm sure it's an oversight )
    hahaha of all things to omit! thanks for the catch.

Still though, I love the flow of the vinyl release of this album. But like the CD, it's certainly a no-frills affair so look forward to a version with all the bells and whistles. In addition to whatever retrospective essay that is par for the course on these releases, wasn't the original supposed to include some essay and liner notes online? Maybe we can get those too in the vinyl?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryG View Post
    The listening party record was a 7". There was a 10" picture disc that had the same track listing, but it wasn't free.
    That’s right. Foggy memory.