Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Another benefit of the DE reissue: digital art for With Teeth that accurately portrays the cover colors. I always hated going dumpster-diving for a decent image of the WT cover and was never satisfied. Now, finally, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    THIS! It was impossible to find a good version that didn't have the Parental Advisory logo baked in. Was so happy to see this JPEG in the folder when I unzipped.
    Me too! I was going through my NIN digital collection not long ago trying to find the best artwork. I remember looking at the art I had for WT and was like, "That don't look right." I did use this free computer app Album Art Downloader to find the best artwork. You can type in an artist and release title and it actually checks all the digital stores and image hosting sites for artwork. But now it's good to have the "definitive" cover art and not just picking your favorite.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @neorev Is the name of the app really, "Album Art Downloader" ? Or is it called something else?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So watching the promo unboxing video, it seems that either the booklet/interview was conducted in February 2019 or this release was delayed 9 months

Edit, seems this was mentioned already. Apologies, back to watching the video again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @spahn , link to video please?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    @neorev Is the name of the app really, "Album Art Downloader" ? Or is it called something else?

Yup, this is it...
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

I'm not sure if it's PC only.

You can select/de-select stores you want it to search. It'll give you the highest quality and largest size each store has. It's pretty damn cool and easy to find artwork.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    As a lover of bass and someone who's been practizing bass, I can confirm the bass is far more prominent and it adds a really big punch to these songs, it is most apparent in "Collector" and "Sunspots".

It sounds fantastic and is pretty much an imporevement upon every possible front. It makes the aggressive/heavy tracks all that much more impactful. "Definitive" isn't just a buzz word.

Definitely the best remaster out of all of these so far.
    Last edited by HWB; 11-22-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I like where the placement of "Home" is now (instead of tacked on the end of the JP release).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Another benefit of the DE reissue: digital art for With Teeth that accurately portrays the cover colors. I always hated going dumpster-diving for a decent image of the WT cover and was never satisfied. Now, finally, I am.
    oddly enough, i wanna say the first decent HQ cover i found was an upscaled cached image fro Rob Sheridan's website (maybe not, it's been a bit). i went looking for another yesterday in anticipation for the DE, and discovered the artwork on iTunes/Apple Music had been updated to 3700x3700, so i swapped the old one for that. when they announced the reissue today and i downloaded my WAV copy to my computer, the art from the store was also 3700x3700. regardless of the source, anyone who wants HQ With Teeth artwork can get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AlbumArtExchange.com is a good site for high quality cover art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    I'm waiting until With Teeth is available on Amazon, because I'm not spending $50 (after shipping) on this. If anyone wants to PM me the digital files to hold me over until then, I would be forever grateful.
    Wait will there actually be a digital download only option at some point? I'm all down for paying for that if that's the case. Until then can someone hook me up too please?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The quiet section during the song with teeth, beautiful mix with the vocals.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Wait will there actually be a digital download only option at some point? I'm all down for paying for that if that's the case. Until then can someone hook me up too please?

Sadly, none of the other definitive editions have had a separate download for sale. Yes, it's quite silly, I know, but it's Trent's decision.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    AlbumArtExchange.com is a good site for high quality cover art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, nice, will check that out as well. Always good to have multiple tools.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So, I don't have the album yet, and no one here is asking the important question.

Does it have the Twilight Zone sample??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Sadly, none of the other definitive editions have had a separate download for sale. Yes, it's quite silly, I know, but it's Trent's decision.
    I think you could also look at it as Trent not giving a fuck if people "pirate" it. He's been pretty outspoken about the fact that he does it himself and that he's aware that everyone else does it or has done it at some point. Like yeah, if you want to pay him $35 for the vinyl then great, but if you already bought With Teeth 15 years ago and just want a slight audio upgrade, go ahead and steal it. He's not losing sleep over it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    So, I don't have the album yet, and no one here is asking the important question.

Does it have the Twilight Zone sample??
    Wow, I had completely forgotten about this. No Twilight Zone sample on the remaster.

For reference for anyone who is confused: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...-Twilight-Zone

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't think that sample was ever going to make it, since it wasn't even on the original album, only the Deep Cuts torrent version of the song. Feels like a little too much of a change to make for the reissue.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @gorast @minusthesnake @neorev @mi470

Bad news guys. The art that you download with the remastered album isn't actually exactly right. It's very close, but there's a prominent solarizing effect on parts of the image at the bottom that aren't supposed to be that way. It may be done on purpose for the new release, but it definitely wasn't that way originally.

I have the original files though, straight from Rob if anyone wants them. I even have the art from before the title was applied in just slightly smaller resolution than this cover. Just let me know if you want them and I'll get them to you tomorrow.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    weirdest fucking thing: the NIN page was working yesterday and today, the day I need it to work, it's blocked.

gah.
    and now I went and somehow ordered the FLAC version of WT instead of the WAV files and support won't see the email until Monday. Geezus...today was a bad day.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The more these DEs come out, the more and more I'm tempted to just say fuck it and throw all of my original pressings together in a lot on ebay and just rebuy the new editions.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I wonder if they will release a definitive edition of the music videos? (i.e. halo's 5, 12, 17 & 22)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The more these DEs come out, the more and more I'm tempted to just say fuck it and throw all of my original pressings together in a lot on ebay and just rebuy the new editions.
    Let's talk about that...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    and now I went and somehow ordered the FLAC version of WT instead of the WAV files and support won't see the email until Monday. Geezus...today was a bad day.
    Nah fam I'm not going to allow that to happen.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So I just realized they put up the WT DE aka halo 19 in 2019. Conspiracy theory but, I hope they don't wait until 2024 for YZ DE...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    So I just realized they put up the WT DE aka halo 19 in 2019. Conspiracy theory but, I hope they don't wait until 2024 for YZ DE...
    That would literally be too late for the end of the world.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just grab the flacs - it's a lossless format so if you want wavs then you can simply convert the flac to wav using something like Foobar, and then you've got the wavs. Depending on how you're using them though flacs can be a bit more convenient than wavs, since they're smaller and can have embedded tags and artwork.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    @gorast @minusthesnake @neorev @mi470

Bad news guys. The art that you download with the remastered album isn't actually exactly right. It's very close, but there's a prominent solarizing effect on parts of the image at the bottom that aren't supposed to be that way. It may be done on purpose for the new release, but it definitely wasn't that way originally.

I have the original files though, straight from Rob if anyone wants them. I even have the art from before the title was applied in just slightly smaller resolution than this cover. Just let me know if you want them and I'll get them to you tomorrow.
    I'm interested.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Just grab the flacs - it's a lossless format so if you want wavs then you can simply convert the flac to wav using something like Foobar, and then you've got the wavs. Depending on how you're using them though flacs can be a bit more convenient than wavs, since they're smaller and can have embedded tags and artwork.
    This seems a good a place to ask as any... why does anyone opt for the WAVs, again?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    This seems a good a place to ask as any... why does anyone opt for the WAVs, again?
    With Added Violence, obviously

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I still didnt get the right link for the download. That sucks. Thanks NIN. Always some problems with downloads