Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just release the damn things, I am sick of checking them on nin.com site just to see With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip with "coming soon" signs under them.
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 02-06-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Metal (Remix)
    wait what

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    wait what
    That's how it's listed on all the streaming services. It's exactly the same as the version from TFA.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    wait what
    It's no different than the version on Things Falling Apart.
    Edit: D'oh! paul_guyet beat me to it.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-06-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So if he is only "in the depths of composing", that surely means we are nowhere near the finished article. Downer. I was really hoping for something soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    So if he is only "in the depths of composing", that surely means we are nowhere near the finished article. Downer. I was really hoping for something soon.
    True but it could mean we end up with an entire album

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Welp...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Welp...
    Yoink!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well that explains a lot. I'd rather wait until summer than going through that pre-order shitstorm again.
    Just one thing that bugs me: what happens to that discount code if they're released after June 7th?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    In all fairness, fuck that person for putting that out there in the first place. *eyeroll* But fuck us for thinking that meant anything, amirite.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Well that explains a lot. I'd rather wait until summer than going through that pre-order shitstorm again.
    Just one thing that bugs me: what happens to that discount code if they're released after June 7th?
    It's called "You're shit out of luck"
    Trent doesn't want those discount codes used on the upcoming Definitive Editions, so he will hold them off until they are expired. Hey, Trent needs to eat too, man!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hmm, I am not really sure (and it seems strange now that the releases have been reported to be delayed to summer) but, I don't remember the spine's for With Teeth and Year Zero appearing at the store front entrance to the NIN store's music section (all the way to the right on the graphic). Can anyone confirm if this is new or has it always been this way? My mind might be playing tricks on me.

https://store.nin.com/
    Last edited by renton44; 02-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Hmm, I am not really sure (and it seems strange now that the releases have been reported to be delayed to summer) but, I don't remember the spine's for With Teeth and Year Zero appearing at the store front entrance to the NIN store's music section (all the way to the right on the graphic). Can anyone confirm if this is new or has it always been this way? My mind might be playing tricks on me.

They've been there since day one. The only thing that's changed was "Definitive Edition" used to be "2017 Definitive Edition". Until, you know, Shitbag and Fireballs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Shitbag and Fireballs
    sounds like a buddy-cop movie to me

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    sounds like a buddy-cop movie to me
    Jordie White is...Detective John Shitbag....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post

You're really desperately reaching out here. The image has been the same since the store launched.

I think I might be in the minority here, but I would have no issue pre-ordering again. I know I'll eventually get what I ordered, but more importantly, he will send out the hires remaster immediately which is what is most valuable to me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    You're really desperately reaching out here. The image has been the same since the store launched.

I think I might be in the minority here, but I would have no issue pre-ordering again. I know I'll eventually get what I ordered, but more importantly, he will send out the hires remaster immediately which is what is most valuable to me.
    Heck, I'd be happy to just pay for the fucking remastered files themselves.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Lmfao another epic delay, is it? Personally, I don’t think that Insta girl has any idea what’s happening with these release dates, as both Amazon and the SRC websites are still listing the Massive Attack reissues as Feb. 16.

BUT, if these do get delayed yet again, it’s just the joke that keeps getting funnier. It’s bad enough Trent and Lakeshore can’t figure out how to release vinyl packages that were advertised over a year ago. But those two MA re-issues have missed so many deadlines already, it’s like a bad running joke. For more than two years now, they’ve claimed these 100th Window / Heligoland reissues were just around the corner. Neither album was even that great to begin with, especially the latter. I don’t care how bottlenecked the vinyl plants are, it shouldn’t take anywhere near two years or more to press a run of albums you’ve been touting this whole time..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose pre-orders could still be announced soon, with lossless downloads being made available to tide people over. But that would just be inviting a repeat of the last mess and I think we all hoped something had been learned from that.

Oh well. I guess the money that's been sitting in my bank account specifically earmarked for these remasters can keep sitting there for the time being.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    There is absolutely no reason to remaster these records. They could reissue them exactly as they were.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    There is absolutely no reason to remaster these records. They could reissue them exactly as they were.
    That's kind of what I assumed they'd be. Reissues with "definitive edition" packaging. I can't see a "remastering" be anything more than a volume increase for these records, which would be ng

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'd be good with them reconsidering the brick-walling in YZ.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Considering they bricked the old albums even more than the originals, I doubt that would happen. Even the HM "audiophile" master was overblown. TR wants it loud and squashed; so it will remain.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Considering they bricked the old albums even more than the originals, I doubt that would happen. Even the HM "audiophile" master was overblown. TR wants it loud and squashed; so it will remain.
    But they still sound great somehow imo. I am still surprised how good they sound given the waveform.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Somebody did that. They remixed the record more-or-less as it was, from the stems, minus buss limiting. Didn't sound right.

By the same token, I would probably also dislike any version of With Teeth that didn't sound like it was right on the edge of peak distortion.
    Last edited by botley; 02-08-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hope there will be a DEVIATION for Year Zero

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Would a DEVIATION for Ghosts mean it would now include lyrics?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Heck, I'd be happy to just pay for the fucking remastered files themselves.
    Me too! Please give us a damn separate download option.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Hope there will be a DEVIATION for Year Zero
    Year Zero instrumental already was released on remix.nin.com.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Year Zero instrumental already was released on remix.nin.com.
    For what it's worth The Fragile instrumentals were already released well before the Deviations vinyl as well.