Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Have the folks receiving the DE of [WITH_TEETH] made any mention of a FLAC digital download?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Have the folks receiving the DE of [WITH_TEETH] made any mention of a FLAC digital download?
    I can't imagine we wouldn't see HD lossless downloads accompanying the WT DE, but I'm doubtful that anything has accompanied these surprise mailings.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It seems like all the people who have gotten this so far had recently spent a decent amount of money on the site. The person on fb said they bought 8 shirts and the other person said they bought a bunch of the currently available records.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It seems like all the people who have gotten this so far had recently spent a decent amount of money on the site. The person on fb said they bought 8 shirts and the other person said they bought a bunch of the currently available records.
    That makes sense. I'm sure they just signed a small handful of these (I would be surprised if it's more than 10, but we will see) and had them shipped to a random selection of people who have made significant purchases at the NIN store in the last 3 months. It increases the odds of the vinyl going to a really big fan who will be over the moon about it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    The reddit thread mentioned a digital download card, but when I asked if it was active, they said they hadn't tried yet.

I hope that they use the same style as the cards that came with the first round, that had the low-poly representations of the album covers. Those were great.
    @Digital Villain : it's not a poster included with the DE, it's a two-panel lyrics insert that's based on that old Spiral-exclusive poster from 2005. That poster is my most prized NIN possession. I really love that it was adapted for the DE release - wonder if that's what Rob was involved in?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This has gotten me so fucked up that yesterday I got 2 packages and was praying one was With Teeth. I knew I was expecting 2 packages too, and I still couldn't help but be a tiny bit hopeful.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I am so excited to hear how this sounds like, I really loved how Broken/TDS/Fragile sounded like.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hwb View Post
    i am so excited to hear how this sounds like, i really loved how broken/tds/fragile sounded like.
    My body is ready to hear Sunspots and Beside You in Time on warm vinyl with my fucking phone turned off.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    My body is ready to hear Sunspots and Beside You in Time on warm vinyl with my fucking phone turned off.
    I want to compare the 24-bit WAV to the Dolby Digital DVD....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I want to compare the 24-bit WAV to the Dolby Digital DVD....
    Did you know that DVD includes 24-bit lossless track as well?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Did you know that DVD includes 24-bit lossless track as well?
    Yes, and that's why I want to compare them, it'll be interesting to basically do a head to head comparison (I have faith in the vinyl sounding as good as the previous DE's).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    Every single one of us who waited MONTHS or had our shit bent in half should of been sent one. The irony is they they probably would of shown up mangled lmao. It's a nice gesture for sure but I feel kind of salty tbh.i still love them though
    but then what would you complain about?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    It's not even about the vinyl for me, the digital def versions of Broken/TDS/TF themselves sounded different enough for me, hard to describe how, they've had more clarity like I could hear each instrument clearer(?).
    That's what I'm really forward to as someone who doesn't really own a vinyl.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    The reddit thread mentioned a digital download card, but when I asked if it was active, they said they hadn't tried yet.

I hope that they use the same style as the cards that came with the first round, that had the low-poly representations of the album covers. Those were great.
    @Digital Villain : it's not a poster included with the DE, it's a two-panel lyrics insert that's based on that old Spiral-exclusive poster from 2005. That poster is my most prized NIN possession. I really love that it was adapted for the DE release - wonder if that's what Rob was involved in?
    I find the mystery around the 2005 era outtakes/lyric-only songs to arguably be the most interesting talking point as far as NIN trivia is concerned. Especially the lyrics to The Life You Didn’t Lead. That song title in itself is so deep. How I wish we could hear them sung Zero-Sum style...

Home
    Returning from somewhere
    To someplace safe
    And for once as you watch
    The color of the sunset
    As it paints the walls
    And you are not living in a memory
    You are vital and alive
    You are at peace
    You are godlike
    And you are safe
    And that moment will last
    In a place in your mind
    And there is no pain
    And you forget what it feels like
    And you can see
    How it could be

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Didnt TR at one point say he recorded enough material for a quick second album after WT? That must have been before they went on tour and recorded YZ. Maybe this will be the next Deviations?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He did say he’d recorded a bunch of demos for WT, how developed those demos are, we can’t know. I’m still sitting here holding out hope for the Vocal versions of the Deviations tracks to see the light of day. Also a high quality +Appendage. I’m never satisfied.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    . Also a high quality +Appendage. I’m never satisfied.
    ??? I'm confused, is +Appendage on Deviations not high quality?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    ??? I'm confused, is +Appendage on Deviations not high quality?
    Yes, but the vocals are not present.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Yes, but the vocals are not present.
    There is a lossless rip of +Appendage with vocals out there now. I'll see if I can get a link when I get off work.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    There is a lossless rip of +Appendage with vocals out there now. I'll see if I can get a link when I get off work.
    Really ? How did that happen ?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Really ? How did that happen ?
    Um, someone played the cassette into a sound card?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, I just saw the hotline story about this on facebook. I don't normally tread into this part of ETS, because Vinyl does not interest me at all.
    But... holy smokes, this release looks epic. Also, super lucky to all those that got free signed copies, jealous I didn't order anything from the NIN store this year now, haha.

But yeah, like I said... Vinyl does nothing for me, and With_Teeth isn't even my 1st, 2nd or 3rd favourite NIN album, but I think I'm going to pick this up!

Even if I can't play it, I want it just for the lyric booklet. There is something about the With_Teeth era that hits a nice nostalgic cord with me. Maybe it's the first album cycle that I saw them live on, I mean, I got into them in 1998, right before the fragile was about to drop, and the fragile is my favourite record/era, but for some reason, the With_Teeth era means more to me. I don't know why, but that was an exciting time to be a NIN fan from 2005-2007. Still hard to believe this man pumped out so many NIN releases between 2005-2009. We were so used to waiting 5-6 years between releases, that he did more in those 4 years than any other period of his life, those may not have been the best releases, but those were the definitive NIN years, to me anyway. I have incredibly fond memories of that point in my life and being a NIN fan, so that's why I'm gonna snatch one of those vinyl's up.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Please do, I'd love to have this!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'd also like to request that link, if it's not too much to ask.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is the best copy out there, but here's my lossless copy:

http://www.nindestruct.com/music/nin...Appendage.flac

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    That post has a ton more info, too - the essay is dated February 2019, and it has a foldout insert with a lyric sheet based on the PDF poster. Doesn't just crop the sections of the poster containing the lyrics, either - it's an adaptation of the poster artwork, with the lyrics newly printed over each section. Home comes after Sunspots as on the original release.

I'm so fucking excited for this. These HAVE to drop in time for Christmas. I'd recommend re-setting email alerts for all of them, too, just in case.
    Rob mentioned his involvement in re-working the art good to hear it wasn't just helping select the cropped areas. I didn't look at the leak or autographed sets, but hoping for added concept art in an official format for the remaining releases. Getcha wallets ready.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    I don't know if this is the best copy out there, but here's my lossless copy:

http://www.nindestruct.com/music/nin...Appendage.flac
    Sounds good to me! You even have the "flip the cassette over" tones in there, right at the end.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Um, someone played the cassette into a sound card?
    that's not really what I would call lossless then hahah

nindestruct has a very good rip

edit : oh he posted it

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    that's not really what I would call lossless then hahah

nindestruct has a very good rip

edit : oh he posted it
    If you're sound card can record lossless, then why wouldn't it be then? I'm sure nindestruct did the same thing.

I got a copy as well, will compare with nindestruct's, perhaps they're the same.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    If you're sound card can record lossless, then why wouldn't it be then? I'm sure nindestruct did the same thing.

I got a copy as well, will compare with nindestruct's, perhaps they're the same.
    I think the argument is that while the digital file is definitely lossless, cassettes are not a lossless format.