Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    In all likelihood, Rob might not even know how “The Idea of You” or any of the songs post his work even goes.
    Are you implying he didn't even listen to new NIN? While simultaneously helping promoting WT reissue and doing new artwork for Ilan? And after being their biggest fan for half of his life?
    There isn't any bad blood, Rob has told this time and again in various IAMAs and interviews.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Are you implying he didn't even listen to new NIN? While simultaneously helping promoting WT reissue and doing new artwork for Ilan? And after being their biggest fan for half of his life?
    There isn't any bad blood, Rob has told this time and again in various IAMAs and interviews.
    I know. Pay attention the AMAs you cite and you’ll see I’ve asked some of those very questions.

It wouldn’t be weird to me if he hadn’t yet listened to the trilogy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    I’d take that as a shrug.
    I'd take it as Rob wanting to continue to be able to keep working with Reznor.

Also, I DO think Rob knows, simply because he was a huge fan of Nine Inch Nails and THEN GOT TO WORK WITH NINE INCH NAILS. He probably remembers ever fucking detail of every second, at least of those first few years before it became more of a dream job and less of a dream.

But, again, while he COULD probably tell us a lot of cool stuff, why on earth would he do that if it potentially jeopardized his relationship with Reznor?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Rob 100% knows which songs are on that CD. He heard everything from these sessions. Didn't he himself explain that the Bleedthrough artwork he did simultaneously with the recording was evolving as result of the new music moving into some other direction?

But yeah, he's gonna keep his mouth shut and has every right. After all, it doesn't make any difference to us if the tracks don't actually leak.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sometimes I wonder if Trent himself (or someone working on his behalf) was the one who bought those demo CDs to ensure they remain under lock & key and don't leak.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Where can I read more about this?
    Journal entries (images) on this page: http://www.nin.wiki/Somewhat_Damaged

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    Wow... This With Teeth DE sounds incredible.
    Agreed. Beside You in Time in particular sounds so fucking good. I'm also high as shit, but that's beside the point.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Amidst all the hubbub of a dozen different releases from bands I love over the past year...I completely blanked out on this after I picked it up. Whenever I've played NIN over the past year it's been pretty much The Trilogy, Watchmen, or Bird Box.

With Teeth got totally lost in the shuffle until tonight. Took it out for a spin on a bus ride with good headphones, the way I always do dedicated listens.

Mother of god

The way so many background effects are brought up a little, enough to be really noticeable.

The fucking Sunspots drums

The resonance of the guitars in Getting Smaller

Two songs I've never been big on just getting a new life just like that. Holy shit.

WT used to get a lot of shit for being a more straightforward rock album, and I could understand the criticism, but after one listen that no longer applies, not for me.

So much punch and instrument separation and clarity to this whole thing, exposing layers that were barely ascertainable before

Sonofabitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Looks like bootlegs of AATCHB are coming. Why this was never released officially on vinyl blows my mind.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Looks like bootlegs of AATCHB are coming. Why this was never released officially on vinyl blows my mind.
    Another one of those releases that would be a complete mail it in easy cash grab to put out and make 100k without doing any work. I don't understand what the hold up is on all this stuff.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Maybe TR wants to do a proper job on them, not an "easy cash grab" by dumping the already horrendous-sounding CD to vinyl as bootleggers are doing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The whole lockdown/no shows would be the perfect time to work on remasters for upcoming releases.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The whole lockdown/no shows would be the perfect time to work on remasters for upcoming releases.
    Tell that to Robert Smith about Wish!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    In other news of "trent is inactively refusing to press certain releases on vinyl" there's a dude getting a bootleg of still set up on one of the nin facebook groups, so i'm excited about that. I hope it comes to fruition.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    In other news of "trent is inactively refusing to press certain releases on vinyl" there's a dude getting a bootleg of still set up on one of the nin facebook groups, so i'm excited about that. I hope it comes to fruition.
    You know, I will say for Still at least ... that's one I'm a-okay on holding out forever on until it actually decides to come out. I know he mentioned at that Q&A in 2017 that it was in the realm of possibility, but oh you know how that goes.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    You know, I will say for Still at least ... that's one I'm a-okay on holding out forever on until it actually decides to come out. I know he mentioned at that Q&A in 2017 that it was in the realm of possibility, but oh you know how that goes.
    I don't think it's ever gonna happen, hell i caved and got the year zero bootleg because who the fuck knows if an official one is getting repressed before 2025.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I don't think it's ever gonna happen, hell i caved and got the year zero bootleg because who the fuck knows if an official one is getting repressed before 2025.
    I think it is pretty obvious Year Zero will definitely drop in 2022.

One thing, it's the 15th anniversary of its 2007 release.
    Another thing, the dystopian future the album tries to warn us about just so happens to be...
    ::drum roll::

You heard it hear first.

It'd be cool if we get a new NIN album/sequel as well to tie into it all. Perhaps it could expand upon the Trilogy and its ties to Year Zero. Perhaps we'll finally get Bleed Through, as in elements from the alternate reality of Year Zero's 2022 bleeding into our reality 2022. Maybe we haven't completely avoided that future. We're just on a different path towards it.

Oh, wait sorry... I think my shrooms kicked in when I wrote all of that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I think it is pretty obvious Year Zero will definitely drop in 2022.

One thing, it's the 15th anniversary of its 2007 release.
    Another thing, the dystopian future the album tries to warn us about just so happens to be...
    ::drum roll::

You heard it hear first.

It'd be cool if we get a new NIN album/sequel as well to tie into it all. Perhaps it could expand upon the Trilogy and its ties to Year Zero. Perhaps we'll finally get Bleed Through, as in elements from the alternate reality of Year Zero's 2022 bleeding into our reality 2022. Maybe we haven't completely avoided that future. We're just on a different path towards it.

Oh, wait sorry... I think my shrooms kicked in when I wrote all of that.
    I've been saying this for a while; that we'll (hopefully) get a sequel/follow up to Year Zero in Year Zero, but fuck it, let's go even further...now that Trent and Atticus have worked with HBO/Lindelof and won some awards with them...let's get that fucking YZ HBO show back on the docket.

...also, I'd like a pony...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been out of the loop lately (torrents, what were those?) and do not like asking for downloads, but here I am.... can anyone point me in the direction of a FLAC of WT Definitive Ed download? Much appreciated if you'd be so kind.