Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don’t doubt that previous work gets redone and released as something else later. Look no further than Demonseed and 38 Ghosts as an example. But without either the person whom owns the disc uploading it or Trent confirming it, we can’t know. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob heard any number of tracks in their infancy that changed before release. Hell, Somewhat Damaged got reworked and lyrically changed at the 11th hour. But Rob has been gone from the NIN camp for a while. He may not be the best source to confirm or debunk.

Having said all that nonsense, I would love to hear the different takes and versions of tracks that didn’t get released just to hear what might have been.
    Last edited by pcpunk; 03-10-2020 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In all likelihood, Rob might not even know how “The Idea of You” or any of the songs post his work even goes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    But Rob has been gone from the NIN camp for a while. He may not be the best source to confirm or debunk.
    I'm not sure about this song in particular but he's been asked about his knowledge of unreleased and otherwise rearranged works. He says it's not his place to comment.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    In all likelihood, Rob might not even know how “The Idea of You” or any of the songs post his work even goes.
    Are you implying he didn't even listen to new NIN? While simultaneously helping promoting WT reissue and doing new artwork for Ilan? And after being their biggest fan for half of his life?
    There isn't any bad blood, Rob has told this time and again in various IAMAs and interviews.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Are you implying he didn't even listen to new NIN? While simultaneously helping promoting WT reissue and doing new artwork for Ilan? And after being their biggest fan for half of his life?
    There isn't any bad blood, Rob has told this time and again in various IAMAs and interviews.
    I know. Pay attention the AMAs you cite and you’ll see I’ve asked some of those very questions.

It wouldn’t be weird to me if he hadn’t yet listened to the trilogy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I’d take that as a shrug.
    I'd take it as Rob wanting to continue to be able to keep working with Reznor.

Also, I DO think Rob knows, simply because he was a huge fan of Nine Inch Nails and THEN GOT TO WORK WITH NINE INCH NAILS. He probably remembers ever fucking detail of every second, at least of those first few years before it became more of a dream job and less of a dream.

But, again, while he COULD probably tell us a lot of cool stuff, why on earth would he do that if it potentially jeopardized his relationship with Reznor?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rob 100% knows which songs are on that CD. He heard everything from these sessions. Didn't he himself explain that the Bleedthrough artwork he did simultaneously with the recording was evolving as result of the new music moving into some other direction?

But yeah, he's gonna keep his mouth shut and has every right. After all, it doesn't make any difference to us if the tracks don't actually leak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Somewhat Damaged got reworked and lyrically changed at the 11th hour.
    Where can I read more about this?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Sometimes I wonder if Trent himself (or someone working on his behalf) was the one who bought those demo CDs to ensure they remain under lock & key and don't leak.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Where can I read more about this?
    Journal entries (images) on this page: http://www.nin.wiki/Somewhat_Damaged