Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So, I was listening to the album and poring over the lyrics insert. It's gorgeous, a really smart consolidation of the poster to fit in as a vinyl insert. And it includes the three songs that didn't make the album - The Life You Didn't Lead, Message to No One, and The Warning.

I found all three, and then something about The Warning (on the page with Beside You in Time and Right Where It Belongs) caught my eye. NINWiki says it doesn't have lyrics included, unique among the three songs.

But it does.

Admittedly very hard to read, and my scanner isn't the greatest. But they're clearly there. And, on top of that, it includes the chorus from the Year Zero song: "Your time is tick / tick / ticking away."

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before, given that on the lyrics poster, these are 100% illegible, but they are actually there (bottom left corner of PDF):

If someone else has the reissue and access to a better scanner, that would be great to try and decipher the entire thing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow, I see something about "self importance and greed" in there, too. Pretty much confirms it is indeed the same song, or what turned into it, anyway. Very neat!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Based on what I can see of the above scan:

You can take this as a warning
    You can take this as a sign
    (???) traitor amongst us
    Wait until.... (???) this time
    And this continues (?)
    As I bleed (?)
    A celebration of ignorance
    Self-importance and greed
    The virus will eat the host
    Your time is tick tick ticking away
    And you won't do a thing (?)
    It's already over
    Tick tock
    Tick tock

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Woah! that's cool. I can't wait to play the record and look at it. I still have the original massive poster framed and on my wall!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Based on what I can see of the above scan:

(???) traitor amongst us
    Wait until.... (???) this time
    And this continues (?)
    As I bleed (?)
    It's already over
    Tick tock
    Tick tock
    Seeing the lyrics laid out like this, this has to be an early version of the Year Zero track. That's wild.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    If someone else has the reissue and access to a better scanner, that would be great to try and decipher the entire thing.

I have the original full size poster, can see [The Warning] clear now. you are correct, all but the title is unreadable.

https://imgur.com/a/FIAR4Gg

The wiki states that the 2 "The Warning" tracks are different. We know now they are the same song or a demo of the album version.

I guess it's time to make some coffee

I forgot what track from Year Zero the hand in the audio spectrum analysis.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 11-30-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah, the album version of "The Warning" has a spectrogram of The Presence in it. They also added it to the "bathroom USB" leaked version of "My Violent Heart".

TR said that "several" of the songs recorded around the time of With Teeth were being considered for the follow-up record, so this isn't exactly a surprise to see an early draft of the lyrics. Although it might have been about a different hand at the time! The one that bleeds and feeds and all that.
    Last edited by botley; 11-30-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That's why I was getting confused. I thought it was in The Warning or Me, I'm Not. The bathroom USB of MVH was the first one I think. Thanks!
    Last edited by laststepdown; 11-30-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "Tick tock / Tick tock" is suddenly relevant again as well (to Watchmen)!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Pretty neat that this line was re-appropriated in Ahead Of Ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by botley
    "Tick tock / Tick tock" is suddenly relevant again as well (to Watchmen)!
    The whole ticking clock idea hasn't been resurrected suddenly for Watchmen (although it is relevant); it's been making the rounds all over the place. While I'm Still Here has that repeated line "Ticking time is running out" and then we also have Not Anymore "Tick tick ticking time" (in the lyrics it's "tick tock tick time").

Actually, this should probably on ninwiki's Recurring Lyrics page.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    The whole ticking clock idea hasn't been resurrected suddenly for Watchmen (although it is relevant); it's been making the rounds all over the place. While I'm Still Here has that repeated line "Ticking time is running out" and then we also have Not Anymore "Tick tick ticking time" (in the lyrics it's "tick tock tick time").
    True, but those specific repeated words "tick tock, tick tock" are spoken by characters on the show in various scenes, one of which features prominently on the Vol. 1 track "Garryowen".
    Last edited by botley; 11-30-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    All right. You know what? I want 'Bleedthrough'. I love all this, lyrics to songs that didn't exist for two (or fifteen!) years, riddles, mysteries, but I fucking want 'Bleedthrough'. I want to know what that album was going to be. What it would have sounded like. Some sort of amalgam of WT and YZ that involved alternate dimensions? Get the absolute fuck out of here.
    "Deviations 2: bleedthrough".
    Yes. This. Please.

I'll go now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    All right. You know what? I want 'Bleedthrough'. I love all this, lyrics to songs that didn't exist for two (or fifteen!) years, riddles, mysteries, but I fucking want 'Bleedthrough'. I want to know what that album was going to be. What it would have sounded like. Some sort of amalgam of WT and YZ that involved alternate dimensions? Get the absolute fuck out of here.
    "Deviations 2: bleedthrough".
    Yes. This. Please.

I'll go now.
    Maybe we got some of it in the recent trilogy? " behind the background world always bleeding through "

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I have a feeling whatever was left from With Teeth got absorbed into Year Zero, hence why there's no Deviations release for the album. It would be nice to hear some demos and alternate versions though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Why is Only the only (heh) drum driven song on the album without live drumming? What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Why is Only the only (heh) drum driven song on the album without live drumming? What do you guys think?
    They were having trouble getting it to work in the traditional "tape machine" layout of the DAW, so Trent and Atticus imported the elements of the song into Ableton Live as an experiment, using that software's playable interface as an instrument/sequencer to help arrange it. Turned out to be a success, and they did almost all of Year Zero the same way. Source here.

Notably, this song wasn't on any of the set-lists for the first leg of the Live: With Teeth tour, only when they moved to a big arena production with video projectors and such did they incorporate it as a staple of the set.
    Last edited by botley; 11-30-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, the album version of "The Warning" has a spectrogram of The Presence in it. They also added it to the "bathroom USB" leaked version of "My Violent Heart".

TR said that "several" of the songs recorded around the time of With Teeth were being considered for the follow-up record, so this isn't exactly a surprise to see an early draft of the lyrics. Although it might have been about a different hand at the time! The one that bleeds and feeds and all that.
    is there a place to find those bathroom tracks? I had totally forgotten about them.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Update

(???) traitor amongst us among you
    Wait until.... (???) his time waiting for his time
    And this continues (?) And it is coming
    As I bleed (?) Yes Indeed
    It's already over
    Tick tock
    Tick tock
    I'll have an animated GIF up shortly.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    And it is coming
    Yes Indeed

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    This is as close as I can get. I'm still not sure how the "among" line begins and ends. "You" Seems to fit, but it looks like a lower-case "Y" in the original layer, which doesn't make sense.

warning.gif

Added mystery: The text does not appear to line up with the text in the poster PDF.

warning2.gif

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I FINALLY HAVE RECEIVED MY SHIPPING NOTIFICATION!!! (although it is only that the label has been printed...) BUT STILL GOOD NEWS (for me.)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathant View Post
    added mystery: The text does not appear to line up with the text in the poster pdf.
    omg arg!?!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I FINALLY HAVE RECEIVED MY SHIPPING NOTIFICATION!!! (although it is only that the label has been printed...) BUT STILL GOOD NEWS (for me.)
    same. can't wait. probably arrive at the same time as Vol.2 from amazon.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    same. can't wait. probably arrive at the same time as Vol.2 from amazon.
    That would be a great mail day! I'm expecting the Amazon Watchmen Vol. 2 on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Added mystery: The text does not appear to line up with the text in the poster PDF.
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    omg arg!?!
    Honestly would not be surprised. Apparently we missed some obvious stuff. Probably too late for much of it now that the websites are defunct.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This is as close as I can get. I'm still not sure how the "among" line begins and ends. "You" Seems to fit, but it looks like a lower-case "Y" in the original layer, which doesn't make sense.

warning.gif

warning2.gif
    That’s absolutely wild. No wonder it was made completely illegible in the first place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    Not sure why it can be so difficult?

That's been a week since With Teeth and Bird Box were ordered and no sign of either shipping. Postage in the UK is about £13.50 for those two, so I'd be pretty angry if they turn up damaged.

Only been waiting since 2016's "Coming Soon" message for With Teeth to reach me. 3 years later & it arrives crumpled.
    "Nothing's gonna change
    Can I ask you something
    What did you expect?
    So disappointed
    With what you get"
    Last edited by afors; 12-01-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    No shipping confirmation as of yet... wonder when it will arrive. It's from the UK so it shouldn't take that long I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    No shipping confirmation as of yet... wonder when it will arrive. It's from the UK so it shouldn't take that long I guess.
    Apparently they're expecting more stock any time now and expect to be shipping Watchmen, With Teeth and Bird box from tomorrow. I guess some of us ordered WT and Bird Box at the same time which meant one is waiting for the other so they can be shipped together.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

warning2.gif
    Are those for sure "G"s? That first word makes more sense as "videotape".