Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 80

Thread: 2018.06.25 - Paris, France @ L'Olympia

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,644
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    asked the organiser for more info about 'a second gig'.
    the answer:
    Dear Paul,we don't have any information about a second gig at the moment. Regards,Florentin

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    I hope there is a method to this madness of releasing 1 date a week at a time, because this doesn't make any sense to me.

    I'm hoping for a second show, but I guess it all depends on what the band has planned the week before...
    Are they going to do the UK or not?
    Hope they announce something soon. And by soon, I mean before this Amsterdam show gets announced and goes on sale, because that show is a tad out of my way, but at the same time, I want to hit at least 2 shows when there. Shows in the UK are preferred as my trip is going to consist of stopping in the UK for 4 or 5 days before Paris and then doing Paris for 3 or 4 days and then flying back home. Would have to cut each city down a couple days if I wanted to throw Amsterdam in there, and at that point it's becoming a bit too complicated and too much traveling around. Not enough time to take in the sites of the places.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Burbank
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there. I am looking into possibly coming to Paris for this show. Tickets are obviously sold out. Looking to get 2 floor seats. If anyone has any they want to part with, please let me know. I will be coming from Los Angeles.

    Thanks!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been lurking here a while but decided to finally join ETS! So excited for the Paris show, it will be my first NIN show after waiting many years to finally see them Also going to Berlin

    Does anyone know how early it's best to be there to get barrier? We're coming straight from Graspop festival in Belgium to see NIN and the earliest we can be at the venue will be around 9:45am, is that early enough to make it to barrier? I am used to Manson fans who can be terrifying in Europe!
    Last edited by satanspropaganda; 02-13-2018 at 08:37 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    Been lurking here a while but decided to finally join ECS! So excited for the Paris show, it will be my first NIN show after waiting many years to finally see them Also going to Berlin

    Does anyone know how early it's best to be there to get barrier? We're coming straight from Graspop festival in Belgium to see NIN and the earliest we can be at the venue will be around 9:45am, is that early enough to make it to barrier? I am used to Manson fans who can be terrifying in Europe!
    (welcome!)
    difficult to estimate, I think it mostly depends on the size of the venue (bigger venue = more tickets sold = more likely that fans will be queuing early I guess), if it's a weekday or a weekend and many other factors.
    For smaller venues, when NIN played at Scala in 2013 there were around 5 people queuing at 9am and around 20-30 at 4pm. Most people arrived around 5pm-6pm if I remember correctly.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    (welcome!)
    difficult to estimate, I think it mostly depends on the size of the venue (bigger venue = more tickets sold = more likely that fans will be queuing early I guess), if it's a weekday or a weekend and many other factors.
    For smaller venues, when NIN played at Scala in 2013 there were around 5 people queuing at 9am and around 20-30 at 4pm. Most people arrived around 5pm-6pm if I remember correctly.
    Well only 1996 tickets sold, around 1000 standing and it's also a Monday So that isn't too bad I don't think! I would be there at 6am but I literally can't get from Dessel to Paris early enough, so just gonna make do with as early as possible
    Thank you for that! Helps put things in perspective, the UK is pretty bad for queuing! So shouldn't be too bad in Paris I don't think? I counted on photos and the barrier holds 40-50 people so hopefully I can be barrier for my first ever NIN show

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    We're coming straight from Graspop festival in Belgium
    Lucky you!!

    We saw the lineup poster a little too late, and by the time we started looking into traveling for it, all the hotels and such were fully booked. I spent like 2 days trying to see if it was doable from taking the train in and out of Antwerp, but it just wasn't feasible. Decided to put graspop off this year and aim for it next year. Next year, we'll be more prepared and will book one of those on-site mini houses. We don't do camping. I've learned my lesson with camping. I've camped at 2 music festivals before, both were the worst experience of my life. After the first one, I swore to never do it again, but one of the guys coming with me to the 2nd one single handedly convinced a group of 6 camping was the way to go. We all wanted hotels, but this guy pushed and pushed and pushed (and is a great salesman), so we bought into it... it was even worse than the first time to the point where even the guy that convinced us said "yeah, that was the worst camping experience I had ever had at a music festival in my life"

    I guess the key is to just book a mini hotel ahead of time when the dates get announced regardless of what the lineup looks like. I tend to wait until the lineup comes out for these things and make a decision based on that, but then you miss out on hotels and stuff, so it's a tough call.

    Same with Hellfest in France, I think it's the same weekend as Graspop, wouldn't mind hitting that up, but once again... all accommodations in the area are booked.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's gonna be tough but hopefully work out

    I was the same with seeing it too late, I had hellfest tickets for us both, transport planned and more, but then Graspop went and dropped a surprise announcement with Ghost, Eisbrecher and Septicflesh, three of my favourite bands... I couldn't say no! So selling our Hellfest VIP tickets and off to Dessel we go

    Oh damn, yeah with such bad experiences camping I wouldn't blame you! We're pretty accustomed to it now as a couple, we have routines and ways to survive and enjoy it It works out pretty well! However I do think we will be doing one of those hut things ourselves sometime in the near future just to check it out Make it a fancier holiday

    Yeah, just book ahead then sell if needed

    You can try airbnb for Hellfest, locals open their homes to festival goers for the weekend

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Well..... I took the plunge and bought my flight tickets today!! I must be nuuuuuuuts!!!
    Guess It's official. I'm coming to Europe!

    Plan is London from June 21-24, Travel day from London to Paris on June 25 and then leave Paris for back to Canada on the 28th of June.

    Guess it's accommodation time next... Wonder where we should stay.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    Tbh the French do queue pretty hardcore! For Rotting Christ people were there at 2pm! I am from England and going to the show straight from Graspop So I aim to be there for 10am, it'd be cool to team up with you and both go for the best spot in the house! My partner is there but not coming the gig (she's coming Berlin with me the week after).
    Going to just quote/pasted this in this thread here, since this is the gig we're talking about. Not gonna continue to clog up the London thread lol...

    Why is your partner skipping out on this gig? I'll be with my girlfriend at both shows, London and Paris. She's only ever seen them at a festival once. I'd like her to experience NIN live from the barrier at least once in her life. Figured since the Paris show is so small, this is her best bet. Next tour run might be arenas. Gotta enjoy these small venues while we can. The small venues are the best for seeing NIN.

    Sounds like you have a pretty exciting adventure/vacation planned out. Graspop and then NIN in Paris and Berlin! I think we might come back to Europe next summer for Graspop. Try and book early this year to score one of those little huts on the site so we don't have to camp.

    But yeah, meeting/hanging with fans while queuing up in the line is half the fun.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Going to just quote/pasted this in this thread here, since this is the gig we're talking about. Not gonna continue to clog up the London thread lol...

    Why is your partner skipping out on this gig? I'll be with my girlfriend at both shows, London and Paris. She's only ever seen them at a festival once. I'd like her to experience NIN live from the barrier at least once in her life. Figured since the Paris show is so small, this is her best bet. Next tour run might be arenas. Gotta enjoy these small venues while we can. The small venues are the best for seeing NIN.

    Sounds like you have a pretty exciting adventure/vacation planned out. Graspop and then NIN in Paris and Berlin! I think we might come back to Europe next summer for Graspop. Try and book early this year to score one of those little huts on the site so we don't have to camp.

    But yeah, meeting/hanging with fans while queuing up in the line is half the fun.
    She isn't as huge a fan by any means and I pay for everything for us pretty much, which means we struggle a lot :') So she decided instead she can go some Art Galleries in Paris and I can go the gig Then Berlin is her chance to see them

    Yeah barrier is the way to go with any band, I've been barrier for every band I enjoy, so I am really hoping I don't break the cycle with NIN as I am so bloody excited for it

    Haha, yeah it should be good! We also have Marilyn Manson in Denmark that month too, so it's gonna be a very busy, very tiring month. I'll tell you how Graspop is when I go! I've done Hellfest and that is exceptional, so Graspop has a high bar to pass

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    She isn't as huge a fan by any means and I pay for everything for us pretty much, which means we struggle a lot :') So she decided instead she can go some Art Galleries in Paris and I can go the gig Then Berlin is her chance to see them

    Yeah barrier is the way to go with any band, I've been barrier for every band I enjoy, so I am really hoping I don't break the cycle with NIN as I am so bloody excited for it

    Haha, yeah it should be good! We also have Marilyn Manson in Denmark that month too, so it's gonna be a very busy, very tiring month. I'll tell you how Graspop is when I go! I've done Hellfest and that is exceptional, so Graspop has a high bar to pass
    Sounds like my situation. My girlfriend is in-between jobs right now, desperately trying to find work to help with bills and whatnot, we had this trip planned before she got laid off, so now I need to foot the bill, lol. She'll pay me back for her share when she can though, but still... lotta coin to dish out in one sitting! She, like your partner, isn't the biggest NIN fan. She never listened to them until she met me. She likes them when I listen to them, and even has a couple songs on her phone now, but wouldn't go out of her way for them if it wasn't for me lol.

    I took her to her first NIN show last fall at the Aftershock festival in California. Like all of her fav bands were there (Halestorm, New Years Day, In this Moment, Ozzy Osborne etc) and even she came out of the festival saying that the best set of the weekend was hands down NIN. She just wish she could have seen better. She's short, and when you throw a short person into a festival crowd, it's chaos lol. That's why I want her to experience a NIN show at the barrier at least once in her life.

    You guys over there are lucky though. You get all the great festivals. Graspop, Hellfest, M'era Luna, Download, Amphi etc... and all the BEST BANDS in the world play those festivals. Nothing like that ever comes to Canada. If we get a festival, it's your top 40 crap...

    Here's an example of what we get here in Canada. Totally not my cup of tea.



    The festivals in the states to be honest, aren't much better. The problem with the fests in the states are, it's mainly North American talent. Like all the big NA bands. Very rarely do we get European bands on the bill. The problem here is, they keep recycling the same bands over every 3 years as well. The festival market in the USA is very over saturated. There was a time where we only had 4-5 festivals to choose from, but now that number is closer to 20-25 all trying to compete for your money, and the issue is, the lineups kind of take a bit of a hit due to everyone trying to compete.

    It's a dream to be able to attend a music festival in Europe. Hopefully next year we will be more prepared to do so.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Sounds like my situation. My girlfriend is in-between jobs right now, desperately trying to find work to help with bills and whatnot, we had this trip planned before she got laid off, so now I need to foot the bill, lol. She'll pay me back for her share when she can though, but still... lotta coin to dish out in one sitting! She, like your partner, isn't the biggest NIN fan. She never listened to them until she met me. She likes them when I listen to them, and even has a couple songs on her phone now, but wouldn't go out of her way for them if it wasn't for me lol.

    I took her to her first NIN show last fall at the Aftershock festival in California. Like all of her fav bands were there (Halestorm, New Years Day, In this Moment, Ozzy Osborne etc) and even she came out of the festival saying that the best set of the weekend was hands down NIN. She just wish she could have seen better. She's short, and when you throw a short person into a festival crowd, it's chaos lol. That's why I want her to experience a NIN show at the barrier at least once in her life.

    You guys over there are lucky though. You get all the great festivals. Graspop, Hellfest, M'era Luna, Download, Amphi etc... and all the BEST BANDS in the world play those festivals. Nothing like that ever comes to Canada. If we get a festival, it's your top 40 crap...

    Here's an example of what we get here in Canada. Totally not my cup of tea.



    The festivals in the states to be honest, aren't much better. The problem with the fests in the states are, it's mainly North American talent. Like all the big NA bands. Very rarely do we get European bands on the bill. The problem here is, they keep recycling the same bands over every 3 years as well. The festival market in the USA is very over saturated. There was a time where we only had 4-5 festivals to choose from, but now that number is closer to 20-25 all trying to compete for your money, and the issue is, the lineups kind of take a bit of a hit due to everyone trying to compete.

    It's a dream to be able to attend a music festival in Europe. Hopefully next year we will be more prepared to do so.
    check this one out. in downtown seattle. not quite the usual suspects & not as expensive. i'm hoping i'll be mobile enough to go at least to the flaming lips day. worthy stuff all 3 days though & tons of local talent.

    https://upstreammusicfest.com/The-Fe...s/alphabetical

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Sounds like my situation. My girlfriend is in-between jobs right now, desperately trying to find work
    Actually, looks like I spoke too soon, she just got called for a job offer just now. She'll start on April 2nd and they're willing to give her the time off for this trip as well!
    Sweet! And earlier @gardenia_spectre agreed to swap Royal Albert hall tickets with me for the show on 6/24. My row 1 stalls for her standing floor tickets!

    All the stars are aligning!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Actually, looks like I spoke too soon, she just got called for a job offer just now. She'll start on April 2nd and they're willing to give her the time off for this trip as well!
    Sweet! And earlier @gardenia_spectre agreed to swap Royal Albert hall tickets with me for the show on 6/24. My row 1 stalls for her standing floor tickets!

    All the stars are aligning!
    Makes me super happy to read that! Glad it's all working out for you now! Should be an amazing few days for you! If you're able to get an early Eurostar, I'd love to see you in the queue and meet someone from ECS Make my first NIN experience a bit more awesome

    For my partner she's a tattoo apprentice and freelance artist, she's insanely talented and once she is tattooing I doubt we'll have many financial issues. But this period where she's training up and proving her worth is dragging on for me :') Oneday though it'll be more than worth it!

    I have seen the US lineups, it's always Shinedown/Godsmack/FFDP and other "Hard Rock" bands playing them. It does look a bit dire

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    If you're able to get an early Eurostar,
    Hah! I wouldn't count on it. The words "early" are not in my vocabulary. I'm a night owl. I can't usually fall asleep before 2-3am and am usually up around noon.
    We'll probably be maximizing our sleep in time at the hotel and checking out at the very last minute (like we usually do, lol).
    As long as we get 1 rail NIN show, we're happy. If all goes well, and we end up getting floor for the 2nd London show, that one probably makes the most sense to queue up early for and hit the rail, but we'll see what happens!

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    538
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm going!

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I broke up with my girlfriend, we bought tickets for Paris + Amsterdam and now I'll be going alone. If anyone's looking for a ticket to any of those two shows, feel free to hit me up.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a spare ticket, unfortunately I can't attend the show.
    I sell it at face value. If anybody is interested, please email me.

    Thanks!

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Burbank
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I have a spare ticket, unfortunately I can't attend the show.
    I sell it at face value. If anybody is interested, please email me.

    Thanks!
    i pm’ed you

  21. #51
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to this show. Is anyone else doing the Royal Albert Hall gig the day before too?

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    *edit*

    Complet
    Last edited by icklekitty; 06-19-2018 at 07:27 AM.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So we're a week out from my first ever NIN show and I am so excited

    I was wondering if anyone would be up to help me out? I am going to be queuing 10 hours to try and get barrier for this show, however that means I have no chance at getting the poster as I am going alone (no-one to hold my spot or anything)

    Would any fellow ECS members be able to help me out with that? I'd obviously give you the money for it, I just really want my first NIN show to be perfect, I've waited 6 years for this

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    So we're a week out from my first ever NIN show and I am so excited

    I was wondering if anyone would be up to help me out? I am going to be queuing 10 hours to try and get barrier for this show, however that means I have no chance at getting the poster as I am going alone (no-one to hold my spot or anything)

    Would any fellow ECS members be able to help me out with that? I'd obviously give you the money for it, I just really want my first NIN show to be perfect, I've waited 6 years for this
    I'm sorry for that but what poster ? I didn't see any details for poster, is that poster for the whole tour, for the venue, is it limited and is there random signatures in it ?

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Fellow ECS haters I am pleased to learn you that every trains except subway are in a large 1 month strike until end of june HOWEVER it's the end and they are doing a 3day-2days-3days thing and it's perfect for the show : very minimal strike for sunday-monday-tuesday

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Fellow ECS haters I am pleased to learn you that every trains except subway are in a large 1 month strike until end of june HOWEVER it's the end and they are doing a 3day-2days-3days thing and it's perfect for the show : very minimal strike for sunday-monday-tuesday
    For those wondering, the Eurostar from London to Paris should also not be affected. Don't panic.

    As for the posters, we still don't know yet which merchandise will be on sale at the European shows. However, during NIN 2014 there was a single poster on sale for all the EU gigs so don't expect the fancy posters that are usually sold at the US shows if that's the case, you should be able to buy one later quite easily.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Fellow ECS haters I am pleased to learn you that every trains except subway are in a large 1 month strike until end of june HOWEVER it's the end and they are doing a 3day-2days-3days thing and it's perfect for the show : very minimal strike for sunday-monday-tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    For those wondering, the Eurostar from London to Paris should also not be affected. Don't panic.
    Yeah, you scared me for a minute there, but I googled news about this and I can't really find anything to be too concerned about. Seems like trains appear to be running as usual from what I can tell.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, you scared me for a minute there, but I googled news about this and I can't really find anything to be too concerned about. Seems like trains appear to be running as usual from what I can tell.
    Yeah ? Well that is exactly how i described it, this morning i got 1/2 trains in rush hours and will do the sameon friday' as every 3 days since the start. They used to annouce it this way and close 93% of trains Paris-Versailles sometimes. However it's perfect timing, as i said.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,644
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    For those wondering, the Eurostar from London to Paris should also not be affected. Don't panic.
    I hope so. Still no message that there will be a change in my Eurostar schedule


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I couldn't get ticket for this show and I just discovered this forum.
    If somebody is selling one or two tickets, I'm verry verry interessed..

Posting Permissions