Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The ADD VIOLENCE Serial Number Discussion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The ADD VIOLENCE Serial Number Discussion

These quotes are taken from the Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary topic. Mods, please edit this first post if I've missed any information. All quotes are in order from the Schitzophreniasdiary topic.

Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    So what if NATE is like the inner mind's eye of a mentally disturbed person and AV is like how the system controls him? NATE is like, "here is evidence of things that never happened" and AV is how they control this person's mind. The 3rd EP could be this person awaking to actual reality of Year Zero a bummer ending or could be total self destruction, who knows. TR suggested the 3rd EP will make everything come together and make sense. I bet their is still something out in the wilds of the internet about the AV machine that has not been found yet. I really think our serial numbers from AV manual are some how connected to one another in a cypher type code kind of like MD5 hash or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    I don't think we've actually tried to collect a large quantity of serial numbers to see if there are some similarities between them. I like the idea that they might be hash of some sort or, or that there might be some sort of order linking one PC' serial number to the other

edit: we're now collecting the SNs. Please fill the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/nlArDF8KZAFpoobq2
    okay, let's try to do this! Submit your SN here: https://goo.gl/forms/nlArDF8KZAFpoobq2

Once we'll have enough SNs I'll export the results and I'll post them here for everyone to see and analyse. No emails and personal data other than the SN will be collected
    just a quick update on the SN collection: we have 23 useful entries so far and it seems more and more obvious that those codes are all:

- 8 characters
    - capital letters and numbers
    - randomly generated
    - they all refer to Model N°: sCAVEdx-24.0.0
    - the codes are unlikely to repeat themselves but with only 23 entries it is difficult to say
    - they all look very much like download codes (same 8 characters structure, except for the capital letters)

So what if EP3 is out there somewhere, ready to be downloaded?

I remember this was one of the earliest hypothesis last summer..For this reason I'm not publishing the raw data as of yet, but if anyone want to have a look you can send me a PM

If you haven't done it already please fill the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/nlArDF8KZAFpoobq2

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapercuts View Post
    My Serial Number, TLFMSU7P, shows up on this list of... stock exchanges?

http://www.fxlog.co.uk/history/tlfms

When I click my number, it says it "currency pairs" with eurusd

Does anyone have an ADD VIOLENCE SN# starting with eurusd?

Hmm. Found another "odd coincidence".

Searching for my serial number lead me to this list of what looks like stock exchange info online, including my serial number tlfmsu7p

http://www.fxlog.co.uk/history/tlfms

Searching for sCAVEdx lead me to this site
    https://www.logomyway.com/contestVie...contestId=8253
    where a small "Bathroom and Beyond" company was searching for logo designs.
    They list three logos that they like:

Scave - DX investments
    Ekobudis - Integrated building systems
    Leut268 - Caviar group

As far as I can tell, neither Scave - DX Investments, nor the other two companies, are real.

MSU7P, the last part of my SN, takes you here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...-09-003068.txt

This appears to be more stock information. There is a phone number listed, I called it, and someone answered with an American accent saying they were Sam at Deutschbank. So I think it's a real stock exchange? I've never traded and don't know the first thing about this tech.

I'm curious if those other two "companies" could lead to anything, or if someone with knowledge of stocks and stock exchanges could probe for something odd in the stock info.

Also interesting because it matches the "technobabble obfuscation" going on with the Add Violence machine, is that googling for sCAVEdx also brings you to my new favorite subreddit, here

https://www.reddit.com/r/VXJunkies/

Does anyone else have serial numbers that tie to stocks or investment info?

Is there a place where we could find stock/investment info on the following two companies, if they exist?

Ekobudis - Integrated building systems
    Leut268 - Caviar group

After a while, Leut 268 brought me here. What the fuck is this??
    http://www.defence.gov.au/sydneyii/d...008.0001_R.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by FieldOnFire View Post
    Just as an aside, regarding the Serial Numbers for the Physical Component all beginning with the number '24' - I'd direct your attention to the Year Zero Numbers, all of which begin with 24.

Entry can be found here on ninwiki - http://www.nin.wiki/Year_Zero_Numbers#24.18.1

I'm not even slightly convinced that there's an ARG here, but thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahdriley View Post
    Mine does, it leads here: http://www.fxlog.co.uk/all-brokers
    Does anyone have a way to get a group chat going?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dug out my Add Violence vinyl. It has two numbers hand scratched onto each side.

Side A has
    28411.1(3)...
    and
    BOO27267-01-A

Side B has
    28411.2(3)...
    and
    BOO27267-01-B

I'm fairly certain the BOO____-01-A number is a standard vinyl identification number, but the other one seems odd.

I am checking my other vinyls to see what they have. Does everyone have these same numbers? They are located around the center ring and can be seen by tilting the record under light.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    Yeah, I'm confused on this too. I think there were just some users who thought that maybe since there is a Wordpress Blog out there that's been around since 2011 and is 99.9% connected to the NINEP world, that it's possible that if we look at patterns in the serial numbers that we all have, that there may be a clue as to where to go next. I think the serial number topic should have its own thread, so I'm making one and will edit with the link when it's up.

That being said, the only search result my serial number brings up is stock related and goes to here.
    And here we are. I'm not really in this rabbit hole at all, I just wanted a thread separate from the Wordpress topic. I am not the one collecting serial numbers and I really just think they're going to turn into eventual download codes for something when the third EP is announced. So, I haven't forked my code over yet (but I'll do so if we start seeing a more concrete pattern). Enter your code at your own risk, obviously, though I don't think there's really much of a risk at all.

Right now, it seems like some of the serial numbers link to Stock Exchanges, which doesn't surprise me, because Stocks have seemingly randomized letters and numbers. However, I doubt this is a thing because if Trent didn't get permission from companies to use their stock abbreviations, I'm sure those asshole Fortune 500 companies would find a way to sue his ass strictly in the name of signing their name with a capitalistic Capital G. Finding inspiration from a Wordpress is one thing, but fucking with rich companies with lawyers is another. Any members here involved in stocks that could shed some light?
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-23-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Why

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    sCAVEdx part of the model number

sdx can refer to a computer program
    Googling sdx computer term yields: https://www.techopedia.com/definitio...d-anything-sdx

Googling "CAVE computer term" yields https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave...al_environment

This leads me to believe that AV Panel system is a control point, possibly controlling/influencing the Year Zero world.

This may or may not be new information.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Why

Because it's off season and we still want to get SICKENINGGGGG! If this brings about anything I'll be surprised. Though, I remember it took fans quite a long time to figure out that OK Computer and In_Rainbows were part of the same world and once someone asked Thom Yorke about it he gave some kind of curt response that was to say something like "Why did it take them THAT long?"
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-23-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: e in yorke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The serial numbers match the format of the download codes released with vinyl editions, like The Fragile directs you to http://getmy.media/TheFragile and you put in an 8 digit letter number combo.

One possibility is that there are other http://getmy.media/ locations where we can use these serial numbers as a download code.

I've tried quite a few variations so far, such as http://getmy.media/AddViolence, no luck yet.

However, I was thinking that if the odd number on the Add Violence vinyl is part of a sequence started with a number on the NTAE vinyl, maybe we can figure out the third number in the sequence, and try putting that at the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good work everyone. Excited to see where this is heading.
    Remember to submit your AV Physical Component serial number (this is mandatory) and grab a can of Parepin-infused Mango La Croix on your way out.
    Make it all go away with fast acting Prozira spikes, now available in the pharmacy aisle at your local Earthfare.
    *Sponsored by Cedocore*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the record, we've tried http://getmy.media/ with the following:
    sCAVEdx
    sCAVEdx-24.0.0
    sCAVEdx-24.0.00
    nin
    AddViolence
    Null
    TheNullCorporation
    WakeUp
    Can'tSeemToWakeUp
    Statute332.772.8
    PanelK
    K
    ModelNo.24.0.00
    ModelNo24.0.00
    ModelNo24000
    ThisIsn'tThePlace
    %2B007516M
    007516M
    nothing
    nescience
    nescient
    PanelJ
    nescientific
    conscious
    cognitive
    purpose
    resistance
    anxiety
    deviance
    self-awareness
    N35C13NC3
    d3struct26
    schizophreniasdiary
    void
    feldman

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The "getmy.media" URL is for Universal Records and considering AV was released on Capitol Records (without a mosaic getmy.media download card insert), I don't think there's any light at the end of this tunnel.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    First off:
    I don't think anything will come of any of this. (But honestly, I hope I'm wrong.)

Secondly:
    "Add Violence" might be directions to add the word "violence" on to something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    First off:
    I don't think anything will come of any of this. (But honestly, I hope I'm wrong.)

Secondly:
    "Add Violence" might be directions to add the word "violence" on to something.

Fuck that shit. I hit my Lucky Charms with a sledgehammer, bitch-slapped my neighbor and kicked over my nephew's tent, but none of that violence did anything.

Wait...

Maybe it's like the "A Violent Fluid" vs "A Violet Fluid" confusion. Great, now I have to fix some shit with flowers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    The "getmy.media" URL is for Universal Records and considering AV was released on Capitol Records (without a mosaic getmy.media download card insert), I don't think there's any light at the end of this tunnel.
    If people still have their download link for Add Violence, click on that and take a look at the URL.... notice that it looks like the serial number in the PC?
    Sadly, changing out the URL with the serial number (with it being case sensitive) does nothing for me but tell me "Whoops, looks like something went wrong". I can't guarantee that it didn't lead to something before Sandbag was dropped.

Sometimes if I change any letter in my serial code when it's entered as the URL then it redirects to store.nin.com instead of saying that the page can't be found. Other times (depending on what I change) it will say "Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found" (which is different than when I enter the serial number.)

I cant help but think we missed something...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    For the record, we've tried http://getmy.media/ with the following:
    sCAVEdx
    sCAVEdx-24.0.0
    sCAVEdx-24.0.00
    nin
    AddViolence
    Null
    TheNullCorporation
    WakeUp
    Can'tSeemToWakeUp
    Statute332.772.8
    PanelK
    K
    ModelNo.24.0.00
    ModelNo24.0.00
    ModelNo24000
    ThisIsn'tThePlace
    %2B007516M
    007516M
    nothing
    nescience
    nescient
    PanelJ
    nescientific
    conscious
    cognitive
    purpose
    resistance
    anxiety
    deviance
    self-awareness
    N35C13NC3
    d3struct26
    schizophreniasdiary
    void
    feldman
    you can count the words ‘N35C13NC3’ and ‘d3struct26’ out of the equation. I responded to Trent’s Instagram post with the whole ‘Nescience’ panel J thing by typing it with numbers instead of letters. And obviously my screen name is destruct26. But some fuckface had that name so I had to put a 3 where the E was. But thinks for thanking of me!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Wondering who the real mentally disturbed people are. The schizophrenic person who wrote that blog or the people convinced its an ARG and spending hours upon hours trying to decipher hidden codes and meanings by any means necessary. Holy shit man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    you can count the words ‘N35C13NC3’ and ‘d3struct26’ out of the equation. I responded to Trent’s Instagram post with the whole ‘Nescience’ panel J thing by typing it with numbers instead of letters. And obviously my screen name is destruct26. But some fuckface had that name so I had to put a 3 where the E was. But thinks for thanking of me!
    Hahaha I wasn't expecting to see you here, but yeah we tried that for a minute dude! Everyone else from the discord will get a laugh when they see this.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Remeber to include your social security number in this thread as well.

You know, “just in case”.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Remeber to include your social security number in this thread as well.

You know, “just in case”.
    Yeah, if those serial numbers unlock something cool and unique when that 3rd EP drops, you guys might wish you hadn't posted them on a public forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yeah, if those serial numbers unlock something cool and unique when that 3rd EP drops, you guys might wish you hadn't posted them on a public forum.
    They're not being posted in a public forum, to clarify for everyone. Arsenic and I are collecting via a Google doc. We have no plans to use your numbers for evil, but if you don't wanna send em in by all means don't.
    I also personally think TR had the foresight to know a project would happen to collect the serial numbers at some point, and that each individual number does not unlock the magical hidden third EP. I think the pieces form the whole.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know Arsenic, but I'd pretty much trust Hannah. Her post count is low here but she runs the Hesitation Marks Facebook page, which posts some pretty cool things from time to time and is dedicated to digging for stuff like this. On top of this, I doubt the serial numbers are going to unlock something unique. They'll probably all come together to give us the third EP or something equally as cool. What's someone need 30 digital download codes for? I don't know about you, but if someone tries to sell me a download code, I give them the side eye, and I highly doubt if someone wanted to shiv the fanbase, they'd just collect all of their serial numbers and give them away for free (like a lot of us generously do with our vinyl download codes). There doesn't seem to be anything to lose by volunteering, but, again, on the off chance there is, like I said in the first post, do so at your own risk.
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-24-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know Arsenic, but I'd pretty much trust Hannah. Her post count is low here but she runs the Hesitation Marks Facebook page, which posts some pretty cool things from time to time and is dedicated to digging for stuff like this.
    Thanks my friend.
    I don't run HM personally but I know and love him, and we work closely in contact every day with news and memes. Give that page a like for sure!
    I am dedicated to the NIN community. I have lifelong ninternet friends, and mostly enjoy interacting with all of you good people, solving potential mysteries.
    Who cares if there's an ARG? Let's have fun. Life can be dark a lot of the time, let this kinda stuff brighten it if you can.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Didn't mean to accuse anyone of nefariousness.

Anyway, my dumb ass bought five copies of the AV PC.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Didn't mean to accuse anyone of nefariousness.

Anyway, my dumb ass bought five copies of the AV PC.
    Well, if you bought five were they all on the same order? Did they arrive individually or packaged together? Are your S/N's consecutive? Do you notice any weird similarities? Just curious on my part.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Well, if you bought five were they all on the same order? Did they arrive individually or packaged together? Are your S/N's consecutive? Do you notice any weird similarities? Just curious on my part.
    One came in an envelope with a shirt and keychain, the other four arrived in one large, padded envelope each within its own unmarked, brown envelope. All exactly the same, but all codes non-sequential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, so in the Physical component I am for sure this is a hidden "S" in the artwork. Further reinforcing this is the S in "YOU DIDNST EVEN NOTICE" being highlighted on the cd artwork. The fact that it's hidden in that phrase also draws my attention. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One came in an envelope with a shirt and keychain, the other four arrived in one large, padded envelope each within its own unmarked, brown envelope. All exactly the same, but all codes non-sequential.
    You bought 5?! Hell yes! The dedication. Lmao.
    My PC arrived in an unmarked brown envelope as well, I kept it just in case (classic.)
    Paul, I knew you weren't accusing anyone of being nefarious. We're all just here for the ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajoobatron View Post
    Fuck that shit. I hit my Lucky Charms with a sledgehammer, bitch-slapped my neighbor and kicked over my nephew's tent, but none of that violence did anything.

Wait...

Maybe it's like the "A Violent Fluid" vs "A Violet Fluid" confusion. Great, now I have to fix some shit with flowers.

Trent wanted us to buy flowers. Add Violets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Excelleng gif BTW. Where does Yorke correlate the 'worlds' of those two albums? Got a source, please- I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Because it's off season and we still want to get SICKENINGGGGG! If this brings about anything I'll be surprised. Though, I remember it took fans quite a long time to figure out that OK Computer and In_Rainbows were part of the same world and once someone asked Thom Yorke about it he gave some kind of curt response that was to say something like "Why did it take them THAT long?"[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Excelleng gif BTW. Where does Yorke correlate the 'worlds' of those two albums? Got a source, please- I WANT TO BELIEVE.
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/listen-to-radio/

He confirmed it was true a bit later on.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/listen-to-radio/

He confirmed it was true a bit later on.
    This is just a crazy fan thing, and Thom never confirmed anything. They don't even sound good together, and it interrupts segues. This is like that Tool thing where you play the album out of order. Complete bullshit.