Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

No crappy grafitti in this thread this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMass View Post
    http://ew.com/music/2017/12/28/jack-...rde-interview/

NIN reference is in the 9th paragraph (in Antonoff's response to a question about the song New Years Day).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    BASSNECTAR mixing up some NIN and Beastie Boys to end his set on New Years Eve

Last edited by zeegrizzle; 01-02-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Coachella lineup announced....No NIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Robin Finck is featured on the latest episode of Ernie Ball's String Theory series--briefly mentions NIN, says it's more like playing in an orchestra:

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirty_three View Post
    Robin Finck is featured on the latest episode of Ernie Ball's String Theory series--briefly mentions NIN, says it's more like playing in an orchestra:
    Update: Allesandro is adorable, he commented.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

3 mins 50 secs in, hipster boy Fantano trashes NIN and says how much they have sucked post YZ

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Followed this drummer on youtube a couple of days ago. He posted this teaser for some project he has in the works, and I noticed it features the ending drone from Hurt.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

3 mins 50 secs in, hipster boy Fantano trashes NIN and says how much they have sucked post YZ
    It's weird that he says NIN has become boring when he considers NTAE to be the #3 EP of 2017...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    It's weird that he says NIN has become boring when he considers NTAE to be the #3 EP of 2017...
    He’s a hipster...no review is complete without a snide comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirty_three View Post
    getting a little choked up watching this. not sure why. story about buying a whole box of strings does it for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just started watching The Frozen Dead (aka Glacé) on Netflix. Here's the show's intro song:

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Just started watching The Frozen Dead (aka Glacé) on Netflix. Here's the show's intro song:
    I've never understood why people do stuff like this. The reason why the song is poignant is due to its half-sung intimacy, like a page from a journal or a confession of failure and acceptance of how broken the self can be. The character is burned out, lost, and virtually hopeless. There's light at the end of the tunnel, but they can't reach it.

That cover is completely soulless, so removed from its original context that beyond the melody, it's utter nonsense. This is reminiscent of that Okja trailer where they bizarrely took 'Piggy' literally to be a song about a pig.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've never understood why people do stuff like this. The reason why the song is poignant is due to its half-sung intimacy, like a page from a journal or a confession of failure and acceptance of how broken the self can be. The character is burned out, lost, and virtually hopeless. There's light at the end of the tunnel, but they can't reach it.

That cover is completely soulless, so removed from its original context that beyond the melody, it's utter nonsense. This is reminiscent of that Okja trailer where they bizarrely took 'Piggy' literally to be a song about a pig.
    Had never seen that Okja trailer.
    Wow.
    If we can just get THTF in a cat food commercial, I can kill myself and be done with it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Okja is great tho!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Okja is great tho!
    Doesn't mean the trailer for it is.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Todd Alcott on Etsy is selling art prints of album/song titles he has re-imagined as vintage book cover designs.

Here's NIN's Downward Spiral as a soft-cover novel. I particularly like his King Crimson series...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Todd Alcott on Etsy is selling art prints of album/song titles he has re-imagined as vintage book cover designs.

Here's NIN's Downward Spiral as a soft-cover novel. I particularly like his King Crimson series...
    oh my god, i love all of the KC ones (with the exception of several from Beat...i get why he did that style but it doesn't gel with the rest of them). i wish i could get them as actual books!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

Wow those are really cool. Hope he does more NIN. Lots to work with there. LITS, ruiner, TLBTB, HLAH, anything really. Love it. Reminds me of hitchcock movie posters/covers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    That cover is completely soulless, so removed from its original context that beyond the melody, it's utter nonsense.
    You're gonna hate this so much:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    You're gonna hate this so much:
    Thanks to this, I am currently playing the line "PUT THE GUN IN MY MOUTH, CLOSE YOUR EYES, BLOW MY FUCKING BRAINS OUT" from 1,000.0000 on a loop.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

Nevermind
    Last edited by witte; 01-09-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Nevermind
    According to that Instagram, I shared that youtube cover right here one year ago, when first aired... btw it's a very bad mini show.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This was cool but god damn, Johnny Cash has nothing to do with this album, so can we please stop mentioning him whenever Hurt comes up?

If you mention Cash, may as well give a shout out to Richard fucking Cheese.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I hope when Pitchfork gets around to Liner Notes: Nine Inch Nails' The Fragile (in 5 minutes), their vanilla narrator guy makes sure to mention how "in 1999, on the day the album was released, Pitchfork gave the album a mediocre 2.0 rating, but 17 years later after history proved what an amazing masterpiece the album was, decided it was time to jump on the Trent Reznor bandwagon and award it a rating of 8.7.."

The Fragile 2.0: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

The Fragile 8.7: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...-deviations-1/

Up next: Liner Notes: Pitchfork decides Things Falling Apart is really a 6.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Beginning of the End used in the new trailer for Netflix's series Altered Carbon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i love seeing all these movie trailers/series using NIN music, but what im waiting for is a the defiant ones "style" documentary about trent and nin.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://www.avclub.com/what-s-your-m...nce-1821930917

When I was a child, my parents were very lax about what I would watch. Unlike in some of my friends’ households, The Simpsons, Beavis And Butt-Head, and South Park were all fair game, and my dad would show me R-rated movies as far back as I can remember. (I have an early memory of getting in trouble for calling a blender a “douchebag” after picking it up from my pre-K viewing of Revenge Of The Nerds.) In high school, I would often drive my grandma, who lived with my parents, around town, because she never learned to drive. As a “cool” teen, I would listen to the then-new technology of mix CDs in my car. That’s how it came to pass that I was driving one day with my grandma in the passenger seat when Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer” came on the stereo. Instead of changing the track, or turning on the radio, or doing anything to stop this situation, I let the song play. Despite the opening lyrics about desecration and penetration, the first half of the song passed by smoothly. Right after the first utterance of “I want to fuck you like an animal,” my grandma turned to me and said, “Well, this is a lovely song.” I apologized, but still let the rest of the song play as my grandma continued to make disapproving sounds from the passenger seat. I still don’t know why I didn’t change the song, whether I was fearing the next song would be worse or out of some kind of teenage rebellion, but after that I made sure to have more grandma-friendly music at the ready for next time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Very interesting! Also, Micro Machines should hire that dude to record their commercials.