Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,068 of 1068

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I haven’t had a chance to listen to this yet but this looks interesting. Atticus talking about the process in God Break Down the Door
    https://mixwiththemasters.com/itt16

damn sorry looks like you have to be a pro member to watch any of it, registering for free isn’t enough, but it might be available in a month or so
    55min of breaking down the track and the album concept ? Sounds incredible. Maybe someone already has subscription and could rip it. 328$ is a bit much.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    55min of breaking down the track and the album concept ? Sounds incredible. Maybe someone already has subscription and could rip it. 328$ is a bit much.
    I hope this will be available in a month or so

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Sorry, but if you are a member here, and you rip it and share it... you're a dick.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Sorry, but if you are a member here, and you rip it and share it... you're a dick.
    l.o.l.

Since we're apologizing, I'm sorry but if you think anyone who's on ETS who would pay for this particular as a professional service/continuing education would not do that because of a rip floating around, you're being absurd.

The vast majority of readers here are not the target audience and would never spend $400 for a single video. In fact, I would even wager that if I collectively raised money from members and shared a download on a members-only section of the forum, MixWithTheMasters would make at least $400 more than they'd be making by waiting a month and releasing a free stream. (Don't get any ideas, I don't have time to lead something like that right now, though I'd love to watch this video)

I get where you're coming from, and you mean well. I'm sure someone from Made in America thought the same thing about the satellite rip that went around, or the folks at the Recording Academy felt that way about the leaked rehearsal footage (which ended up being the only copy of NIN+QOTSA+Lindsey Buckingham that played uninterrupted), the countless online exclusives that we've downloaded - that you've personally shared with me, and that I've personally shared with you!

It seems a little silly to pick and choose so late in the game, my friend.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    i wasn't saying i didn't expect it to happen, and im not saying i think someone won't do it for moral reasons or whatever... I'm saying if someone does it, they're a dick.

Maybe im wrong here. but it just annoyed me. but what's new

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I am generally of the opinion that if we love an artist we should respect the payment structures they or a company they are affiliated with have put in place unless they tell us otherwise.

As an artist, and I think we all know this, it’s REALLY hard to make money. Even for these guys. When they decide to do something behind a paywall, I think we should respect that. If we value it, then pay for it. It’s not just “a video”. It’s education. That’s like saying a digital painting I might do is just an image. I eat paid for those and it puts food on our table and if people just take it for free, that sucks. If it’s valuable enough to you to steal, then pay for it. We aren’t entitled to anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, when you're a fan of the music, these kinds of videos are great, but as a sound engineer, I feel they are mostly cash grabs : you have a good time watching them but in the end, you don't learn much more than the knowledge you would acquire through attentive listening with a good pair of headphones and a good pair of speakers.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "Over And Out" comes in at #59 on SPIN's 101 Best Songs Of 2018.

Between 1989 and 1999, Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor stood at the forefront of the industrial-metal movement, jolting us into music’s future via an arsenal of novel sounds and a filmmaker’s attention to detail in the studio. Reznor was such a natural at delivering his once-underground vision to the mainstream’s doorstep that he made it easy for listeners to take his unique aggro-pop vocabulary for granted. “Over and Out” is the ultimate case study in Reznor’s ability to put a fresh twist on things he’s tried before. Here, Reznor re-imagines Nine Inch Nails as skeletal, late-’70s hip-hop echoing across a graffiti-covered subway platform—that is, until chamber-esque marimbas float in as if straight from the band’s ’99 double-disc opus The Fragile. Reznor then channels Bowie’s impression of a lounge singer over smoky saxophone before the song vaporizes into two minutes-plus of sonic mist that expand on Reznor’s previous forays into ambient music.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

(edit: 2:48 to get to the relevant part)
    Last edited by theimage13; 12-30-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That was a rather abbreviated version of the song.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That was a rather abbreviated version of the song.
    not bad though. i like Lady Gaga. just for kicks i looked at ticket prices for late january as i'm thinking about a vegas run. unreal expensive. like her but not that much. van morrison is playing that weekend & i've never seen him. if i make the trip, i'll go see him.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    did anyone notice that trent doesn't have an account on fb anymore? yesterday he liked my post on fb a few weeks ago (a reply on a nin.com message on fb). he did that for other comments from other persons too. his avatar was changed. later that night (eu time) the likes were gone and his old and new avatar/account disappeared too. anyway, i cannot find it anymore... strange

edit: see you all in 2019. have a good new year.
    Last edited by witte; 12-31-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    did anyone notice that trent doesn't have an account on fb anymore? yesterday he liked my post on fb a few weeks ago (a reply on a nin.com message on fb). he did that for other comments from other persons too. his avatar was changed. later that night (eu time) the likes were gone and his old and new avatar/account disappeared too. anyway, i cannot find it anymore... strange
    Considering his disdain for social media (aside from the occasional tweet and Instagram post), I'd be surprised if that was actually his account.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Considering his disdain for social media (aside from the occasional tweet and Instagram post), I'd be surprised if that was actually his account.
    it was him for sure on the old account, in the past he did a few post that were for real. when i checked yesterday an old post from me in 2014 which he liked, the avatar was also changed in that new one. maybe something happened outside of him and he considered to quit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    it was him for sure on the old account, in the past he did a few post that were for real. when i checked yesterday an old post from me in 2014 which he liked, the avatar was also changed in that new one. maybe something happened outside of him and he considered to quit.
    Maybe he’s fed up of Facebook enabling the alt-right? I’d love to leave Facebook except they’ve inveigled themselves in so many aspects of life, like being the only way to find out important issues from my kids school I feel I can’t leave

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Maybe he’s fed up of Facebook enabling the alt-right? I’d love to leave Facebook except they’ve inveigled themselves in so many aspects of life, like being the only way to find out important issues from my kids school I feel I can’t leave
    I doubt that he's fed up with FB on principles like that, if so he would have quit IG as well since they are the same company. Also twitter is worse for that alt-right shit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, sorry if it has.
    Looks like Warp Records is a fan of NIN and decided to add God Break Down The Door into a best of 2018 mixtape.
    https://warp.net/news/selections-2018/