Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Montreux ? really ? I remember tweeting live for the event place were gorgeous :

French ppl there reported very soft ambiance, and ridiculous pretaped Gary numan.
    However most of ppl used to do several shows didn't make this one: it's far, it's not speaking french (there's a french side in switzerland), and... everything is very overpriced: show, transport, sleeping place.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Montreux ? really ? I remember tweeting live for the event place were gorgeous
    Not really - I got it wrong, Botley corrected me, please refer to his response.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    French ppl there reported very soft ambiance, and ridiculous pretaped Gary numan.
    Did your French ppl note the presence of pretaped backing vocals in NIN's set also, or were they just being dicks about Gary doing it?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Here's TR speaking to the crowd about being depressed that day:

Wow. Trent sounds all over the place in this clip. He's never like that. As he said, he must've been really out of sorts that day. And then the further context they gave in the Q&A about how bad the crowd was certainly didn't help.

Whoever filmed that clip that way and then uploaded it like that to youtube deserves to be beaten.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Did your French ppl note the presence of pretaped backing vocals in NIN's set also, or were they just being dicks about Gary doing it?
    Hu ? err no. looks like funny hairs Gary did it and failed it completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I should finally write a review here for the Montreux show ...

In the meantime, here's my Instagram post about that show:
    https://instagram.com/p/BlLXPDtjd03/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Did anyone notice that Allan Moulder uploaded a HD mirror of the NYC Panorama show yesterday? It was taken down by a copyright complaint by Tunecore. Just wondering if it was any different - In color maybe?. Runtime was about 1:35:00 on the thumbnail.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Did anyone notice that Allan Moulder uploaded a HD mirror of the NYC Panorama show yesterday? It was taken down by a copyright complaint by Tunecore. Just wondering if it was any different - In color maybe?. Runtime was about 1:35:00 on the thumbnail.
    Wait what ? Anyone downloaded this ? If he puts it himself it must be a better quality. You got the deleted link ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Wait what ? Anyone downloaded this ? If he puts it himself it must be a better quality. You got the deleted link ?
    No, I looked for it this morning in my subscriptions and history and it was gone.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Montreux ? really ? I remember tweeting live for the event place were gorgeous
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I guess I should finally write a review here for the Montreux show ...

In the meantime, here's my Instagram post about that show:
    https://instagram.com/p/BlLXPDtjd03/
    Fellow Swiss here.
    While I tend to agree that Swiss crowds are at times overly respectful and quiet, it is also worth noting that St. Gallen was the first festival date of the tour. C'mon guys, this band went from playing Royal Festival Hall, Royal Albert Hall, Olympia and AFAS live to... St Gallen Openair. What can you expect from a festival venue pretty much in the middle of nowhere?

St. Gallen is also relatively far from the French and the Italian regions of Switzerland, and from my experience Swiss German crowds are even quieter than average but I can be wrong on that one as it really varies from concert to concert. In addition to that, the entire group of fellow ETS users and hardcore fans decided to ditch this festival date and went straight to Berlin to (FINALLY) get some rest before the gig there, especially knowing that they were going to play in Montreux a few weeks later.

Speaking of which, Montreux was probably one of my favourites gigs of the European tour. Numan played a darker set than usual and was a bit weird, but for NIN the crowd was really into it and the Auditorium Stravinsky sounded superb, plus they used some extra lightning equipment that I hadn't noticed in the previous gigs (good job Arlo&co).

I should really take the time to sum up my experiences in the appropriate threads.
    As a NIN fan, this 2018 has been absolutely wild.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andallthatcouldhavebeen View Post
    Aw man, I wanted to drop in here and shit on CoS... but this was actual original content. Kudos!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Was it mentioned here that David Correll (art director of the impeccably designed Sacred Bones Records) is apperently NIN's new art director? It's listed in his IG bio (https://www.instagram.com/davidcorrell/?hl=en) and Trent follows him.
    I don't think it means a lot right now (he probably finds designers for the city posters and designs some promotional posters, maybe some merch?) but if he's going to stay for the next release cycles it's going to be pretty cool!

He's also a professed Rob Sheridan fan, listing him as one of his favorite current designers in an interview a few years back, so that's cool

(Here are some examples of the Sacred Bones look he's responsible to, if anyone is not familiar)
    Last edited by Horican; 11-28-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Aw man, I wanted to drop in here and shit on CoS... but this was actual original content. Kudos!
    Haha, I thought it was also clickbait unoriginal crappy content, but then realized it was an actual interview and a good read.

I actually found the article when I was on a different website that was a clickbait article that used it as a reference.
    Internet articles nowadays....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor tells Ted Cruz to...

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ruz-to-f-k-off

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    I have seen so many of these articles. This was clearly a joke. The fact that so many "journalists" are unable to tell is truly concerning, considering we rely on them for our knowledge of events. For the record, Cruz has publicly stated that he doesn't listen to rock music of any kind. He would never want to attend a NIN show, much less go backstage. Plus, the tone of this quote is intentionally absurd. Come on, guys.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Buckcherry covered HLAH for their new album

My fondest memory of them is genuinely wondering what damage I could live with sustaining injuries from leaving my father's car as it was going 65 MPH down the highway while he was singing along to "Crazy Bitch" on the radio.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    Was it mentioned here that David Correll (art director of the impeccably designed Sacred Bones Records) is apperently NIN's new art director? It's listed in his IG bio (https://www.instagram.com/davidcorrell/?hl=en) and Trent follows him.
    I don't think it means a lot right now (he probably finds designers for the city posters and designs some promotional posters, maybe some merch?) but if he's going to stay for the next release cycles it's going to be pretty cool!
    His website says he did all the art direction for this tour:

http://www.davidcorrell.net/#/nine-inch-nails/

I don't think he's contributed to any releases yet though. I guess we'll see.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    His website says he did all the art direction for this tour:

http://www.davidcorrell.net/#/nine-inch-nails/

I don't think he's contributed to any releases yet though. I guess we'll see.
    After so many years with Rob is crazy to see the band work with something like 5 different artists over the course of 2+ years.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Buckcherry covered HLAH for their new album

My fondest memory of them is genuinely wondering what damage I could live with sustaining injuries from leaving my father's car as it was going 65 MPH down the highway while he was singing along to "Crazy Bitch" on the radio.
    AAAAAAAAAAALLLLRIIIAIAAIIIGHT

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @botley Man, that song is EVERYWHERE this year! And unsurprisingly, Buckcherry manages to ruin that song, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I have seen so many of these articles. This was clearly a joke. The fact that so many "journalists" are unable to tell is truly concerning, considering we rely on them for our knowledge of events. For the record, Cruz has publicly stated that he doesn't listen to rock music of any kind. He would never want to attend a NIN show, much less go backstage. Plus, the tone of this quote is intentionally absurd. Come on, guys.
    To be fair, I think the media knows that. They're probably just trolling cruz who is a grade A piece of shit. Trent is the ultimate troll and he knew what would happen. Cruz deserves the most crap anyone can throw at him. People are literally dying due to his and his constituents' positions. He's literally a fucking murderer. Don't be fooled by his cute tweets; the guy is a monster.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    So, the asshole mentionned on twitter that it was "clearly a joke", and allessandro retweeted "Well, fuck you anyway"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lmfao even Rob Sheridan on twitter tweeted a few about the Cruz/NIN situation: https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...82015850307584

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    More of the white NIN shirt in the new Captain Marvel trailer.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    So something fun happened on the last day of November. I follow a couple of youtubers/twitch streams who are active in the whole Guitar Hero thing...and I thought it would of been funny to send them something funny to them and i ended up doing just that and I chose a NIN to do it.

I chose The Great Destroyer and over charted the living shit out of the ending breakdown and it was fucking amazing and i managed to get a few clips of his reaction to it.

I dunno if i can use twitch clips in the insert video but ill link them down below...i was laughing my ass off

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedNimbleSaladFutureMan

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseAr...rritoAllenHuhu

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    So something fun happened on the last day of November. I follow a couple of youtubers/twitch streams who are active in the whole Guitar Hero thing...and I thought it would of been funny to send them something funny to them and i ended up doing just that and I chose a NIN to do it.

I chose The Great Destroyer and over charted the living shit out of the ending breakdown and it was fucking amazing and i managed to get a few clips of his reaction to it.

I dunno if i can use twitch clips in the insert video but ill link them down below...i was laughing my ass off

That's hilarious. That look of focus is perfect.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post

I don't know much about Guitar Hero - but HOLY CRAP. That guy is a beast. His hands were just a blur...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    I don't know much about Guitar Hero - but HOLY CRAP. That guy is a beast. His hands were just a blur...

Oh yeah no, those guys can be crazy, if i would have cut back a few of the notes, he probably would of FC'D (full combo) it. But yeah, that made my night and he said he'd probably upload that part on youtube for how crazy it was. he uploads a lot of stuff from his streams to youtube if its noteworthy so i got lucky!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

(it's a private account)