Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Just came across this video review of a newly released unofficial bootleg - apparently of pre-PHM material. The guy mentions that when he loads it into iTunes it comes up as Purest Feeling 2. I’m pretty avid on the even the bootleg discography and I don’t recall hearing some of what he samples in the review - like the strange version of Suck 2. Anyone have any insight on this? Looks like this bootleg was just released on the 7th in UK record stores. Fair warning the narrator is pretty annoying... he talks over everything and doesn’t know what he’s talking about most of the time.

Yes it's 95's stuff it existed and I think it does have new and legit pre-phm stuff as far as i remember

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It looks like Demos and Remixes to me. Or at least very similar

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    llike the strange version of Suck 2. Anyone have any insight on this?
    It's the one from Gub by Pigface (recently re-released). A good version if you really want to hear him sing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [deleted]
    Last edited by stlkr; 09-20-2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: already posted

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlkr View Post
    was this posted already?
    yeah, multiple times, in the TOUR SPOILER thread, so people who are avoiding tour spoilers don't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, multiple times, in the TOUR SPOILER thread, so people who are avoiding tour spoilers don't see it.
    ok, i'll keep it tiddy and removed it

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Yes it's 95's stuff it existed and I think it does have new and legit pre-phm stuff as far as i remember
    I listened to virtually every sample in the video and none of it sounds new. The only thing slightly different was the intro to Sin, which seemed to be pitch-shifted down a little (but anyone can do that). Can anyone confirm there's nothing new on here?

Also, that guy has no idea what he's talking about. Why the hell he even bothered making a video escapes me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You guys should literally check the TR&AR score thread now!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I feel like I am in an alternate universe. What is happening?! With all the craziness with the set lists and now this... I would not be surprised by anything at this point. Awesome news by the way.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Just came across this video review of a newly released unofficial bootleg - apparently of pre-PHM material. The guy mentions that when he loads it into iTunes it comes up as Purest Feeling 2. I’m pretty avid on the even the bootleg discography and I don’t recall hearing some of what he samples in the review - like the strange version of Suck 2. Anyone have any insight on this?
    So, this is just a clone of the old 1995 Purest Feeling 2 bootleg (as the CD identification determined). Purest Feeling 2 itself was a track re-arranged clone of Demos & Remixes which had come out the year before in 1994. If you go by the original Demos & Remixes tracklisting, the first 5 tracks are, in fact, unique to D&R. The other tracks, 6-14, are just various promos and remixes which were all officially released, though some of them are vinyl and cassette exclusive.

A breakdown of PF2's tracklisting is available here: https://www.csh.rit.edu/~jerry/old/nin_ri/dcs/pf2.html
    NIN Wiki also has a good breakdown of the provenance of each track: http://www.nin.wiki/Demos_and_Remixes

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

Last edited by cheddamash; 09-20-2018 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added neorevs quote. Not sure why we’re being secretive

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Not being secretive at all, just some forum housekeeping. Keep from being dual posts in different threads thus avoiding discussions on this topic in multiple threads. This way folks go to the thread in the score section and discuss it in one place. Simple.

Or you can just post the same story everywhere and muck up the forum with the same topic in a bunch of threads. Whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-20-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Not being secretive at all, just some forum housekeeping. Keep from being dual posts in different threads thus avoiding discussions on this topic in multiple threads. This way folks go to the thread in the score section and discuss it in one place. Simple.

Or you can just post the same story everywhere and muck up the forum with the same topic in a bunch of threads. Whatever floats your boat.
    Oh no, sorry homie. That’s not what I meant. I had scanned this thread for mention of The Watchmen announcement and didn’t see anything. I realized later you had vaguely reported it and wanted to give u credit. It’s perfectly fine to mention the NIN spotting and continue the convo over in that thread if people have further input. That’s what we should do if the spotting is big enough news. I was just throwing the announcement here for clarity.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All good, no harm no foul @cheddamash

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://www.spin.com/2018/09/johnny-...ths-interview/

On certain tracks, it’s very industrial, like “Actor Attractor” is very industrial and “My Eternal” has kind of got that sort of cold, trippy, industrial vibe, but UK industrial. When you say industrial in the United States, it usually means Nine Inch Nails, and quite rightly, too.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not sure where this belongs (i.e. I didn't think it was worth a new thread on the score boards), but this is happening:

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...ss-1202955031/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Whole thing is view-worthy, part. if you want to see what a corny & awful shitstain former MTV VJ Kennedy has become. But if you just want the NIN stuff, start it at 4:16. Their NIN discussion starts really well, then the hosts info on Trent's stint at Apple gets murky/wrong. They discuss Manson a bit too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    https://www.edmsauce.com/2018/09/25/...nt-punk-remix/

Rising artist or not, this remix sucks. In my opinion.

Perhaps try to not clip the entire track next time, and move out of the generic tedium of the trap/edm genre and all its predictable trappings (pun intended).

There have been dozens of better fan remixes over the years that haven't received a jot of praise, let alone an article. What makes this one so special? Oh right, 'rising artist'. Which means plays. If you get 52.1k plays on a track and only 37 comments, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably bought most of those. If you did this, congratulations. You are not only a sucker, you're part of the ongoing number boner problem.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    https://www.edmsauce.com/2018/09/25/...nt-punk-remix/

Rising artist or not, this remix sucks. In my opinion.

Perhaps try to not clip the entire track next time, and move out of the generic tedium of the trap/edm genre and all its predictable trappings (pun intended).

There have been dozens of better fan remixes over the years that haven't received a jot of praise, let alone an article. What makes this one so special? Oh right, 'rising artist'. Which means plays. If you get 52.1k plays on a track and only 37 comments, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably bought most of those. If you did this, congratulations. You are not only a sucker, you're part of the ongoing number boner problem.
    Uhmm.... who are you talking to?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Uhmm.... who are you talking to?
    Not you, or I would have used the quote feature.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Has this circulated before?

Audio sounds better than AUD to me. FM (pre-FM) source maybe? ninlive.com doesn't list it.
    edit: this isn't new. According to the ninwiki, this show has been released by NIN Chile community as early as 2009, but their site has gone down by now.
    Last edited by fillow; 10-02-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Has this circulated before?
    Yeah, it was a 2-DVD set released in early 2009. There was going to be a v2.0 release of it with more stuff and other upgrades, but it never got released AFAIK.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Dude. Chris Vrenna is teaching college now.

https://whnt.com/2018/10/01/rock-sta...unity-college/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Not you, or I would have used the quote feature.
    Don't sass me. If you're insinuating that I made that remix you are wrong.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Don't sass me. If you're insinuating that I made that remix you are wrong.
    I....don't think they were insinuating that. More like on a soapbox to no one in particular about how the remix sucks (I agree).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Dude. Chris Vrenna is teaching college now.

https://whnt.com/2018/10/01/rock-sta...unity-college/
    Wow. Josh Homme is one of his students. Incredible!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Short snippets of NIN in South Korea this summer.