Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Maybe I should be stupid and attend all 6 LA shows
    There is nothing stupid about attending 6 NIN shows in 8 days. You can make the argument that you'd be an idiot not to! When will this opportunity ever present itself again?

ex) Prince did 21 days at the Forum. I passed on ALL OF THEM and said "eh, maybe next time".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, my apologies if this has been posted before, but there's this fitness place across the street from my house and um, this is their logo:

(not my photo)

That striking resemblance is not just me, right? It looks like someone just straight-up took the NIN logo and did some crude Paint work to it. Meanwhile, whenever I pass by I see it out of the corner of my eye and get way too excited...
    Last edited by TinDefacto; 08-01-2018 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added link to photo

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Vine Inch Mails

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is that where you go for Massage of the Pigs?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Is that where you go for Massage of the Pigs?
    Indeed. You can get that DEEP tissue massage.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

That place is alright. God himself reaches his fucking arm through just to massage you down.

I’ll let myself out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Indeed. You can get that DEEP tissue massage.
    I got back problems, may require them to go Even Deeper.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So this is from 2012 so may have come up before, but I just saw it in my timeline this afternoon and I thought it worth a share.

Edit: Can we imbed tweets on here? I don't know how that works, but here's the link https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/st...68076950077441

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    THROWBACK / NOT REALLY RELATED TO NINE INCH NAILS

I'm busy coding in SQL so I wear headphones all day... today I decided to spin some 90's hip hop and when I heard this skit it caught my attention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muddy_Waters_(album)

Studio album by Redman
    Released December 10, 1996

Track 7. "N.I.N. (skit)"

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tobacco discusses opening for the band in this interview:
    http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music...s/201808060092

So, what’s it like opening for Nine Inch Nails?

It’s cool. Ever since we got started, with Flaming Lips, I think that’s the first tour we went on, it’s always good to be around people who are, like, much better than you are, because it kind of forces you to learn how to level up, you know? I don’t know if I’m getting too old now to level up, but I like being around people like that who I know are better than me.

I sometimes think of music in color, and when I think of Nine Inch Nails, I see all black and then with Black Moth it’s this sun-drenched rainbow.

We really like playing those shows a lot, but I don’t know if their fans were happy about it. Everyone was respectful. We didn’t get booed or anything, but I think maybe we weren’t as exciting. When I get those kind of opportunities, I take it as a challenge. They have so much energy right now, so why don’t I make a super-subdued set? And I realized after the second show, I kind of f---ed that up. But, you’re right, the contrast was very clear.

When you go back out with Nine Inch Nails are you going to change anything about your performance?

When we go back out, we go as Tobacco, and that makes a little more sense. With Tobacco, I can do anything and nothing would seem out of place. If I feel like I don’t have their crowd, we can throw up a video that’s really disgusting and try to get a reaction out of them some way.

What are dealings like with Trent [Reznor, Nine Inch Nails’ frontman]?

I like him. I like him a lot. Obviously, it’s one of the bands I got into as a kid. But the thing about him that I have a lot of respect for is that the point he’s at in his life and career, if he wanted to, he could be the Foo Fighters and just get lazy and rely on the hits and keep doing the same thing. He’s like me, and he’s always searching for sound. You can hear that, in the new album he just put out, you can hear that he wants to keep on this path of finding whatever it is, that he’ll never find it, and I’ll never find it it. It’s going to go on forever. I think that’s really cool.

I remember him being here when he announced that NIN was done or going on a long hiatus.

See, that’s another reason that I know that we’re kind of on the same path. I finally learned to stop saying Black Moth was done, because every time you say it, you know you’re going to get the bug again. He’ll have the bug, probably forever.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 08-08-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So this is from 2012 so may have come up before, but I just saw it in my timeline this afternoon and I thought it worth a share.

Edit: Can we imbed tweets on here? I don't know how that works, but here's the link https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/st...68076950077441
    This man is lost in the sauce. The twitter responses to this are a gold mine.

On a semi-related note, has everyone seen the Alex Jones as a Bon Iver song on Youtube?

I HAVE THEM ON VIDEO!!!!!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 08-14-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: too much paste not enough copy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    These are great!
    Agreed. It only makes me want a new tour documentary even more. And lament the shelving of Tension. And an official release of the Wave Goodbye footage. And the James Cameron technology-utilizing theatrical version of Lights in the Sky. At least TOIOU came through on that one... They should at least make another performance music video done in this style.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    First and last one are the same ("Piggy" outro) but fucking hell, these are intense. I just wish they weren't cropped to portrait and we could see the whole image...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here is the logo for the Nun movie. Looks familiar to anyone?

https://imgur.com/a/L2ik4W0

Someone's a NIN fan.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The host of the new Netflix series, Dark Tourist, appears to be a NIN fan. At the start of the third episode a framed poster from the Tension tour can be see hanging on his wall.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The host of the new Netflix series, Dark Tourist, appears to be a NIN fan. At the start of the third episode a framed poster from the Tension tour can be see hanging on his wall.
    That's not just an appearance of being a NIN fan, he was a regular on the old Perfect Isolation boards on 9inchnails.com back in the day, and I believe his very first television interview was with Trent.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That's not just an appearance of being a NIN fan, he was a regular on the old Perfect Isolation boards on 9inchnails.com back in the day, and I believe his very first television interview was with Trent.
    (I didn't know about the bush thing lol)

and also :

Last edited by StockAvuryah; 08-15-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Ahhhhh. I love these guys. I've always wondered how they would respond to NIN. Just wish it would have been a different song!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Ahhhhh. I love these guys. I've always wondered how they would respond to NIN. Just wish it would have been a different song!
    Sin... should have been Sin.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Posted by the Score documentary YouTube channel.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Funny but would have been better if it was not Closer ? It brings a good reaction at least.

edit : Good god they did the Cash cover

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interview by Entrevista in anticipation of the Mexican show

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Interview by Entrevista in anticipation of the Mexican show
    Funny that they're now thinking about putting out a reassembled version of all three EPs. Maybe all of the fan experiments made them rethink the idea?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Funny that they're now thinking about putting out a reassembled version of all three EPs. Maybe all of the fan experiments made them rethink the idea?
    I hope they do it. It'd be great if they could even incorporate a song or two from the aborted "Add Violence part 2" version because he did say those sessions yielded some good material. Plus, maybe in a different sequence, some tracks end differently or segue into another. Maybe they would trim the looping ending off of The Background World to make it work within the context of an album, who knows. Either way, I'd love to see them do it because this trilogy has been the best NIN material since probably The Fragile. And even if some people don't like it put together and rearranged in a new and different order, they can always listen to it in its initially released state.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I hope they do it. It'd be great if they could even incorporate a song or two from the aborted "Add Violence part 2" version because he did say those sessions yielded some good material. Plus, maybe in a different sequence, some tracks end differently or segue into another. Maybe they would trim the looping ending off of The Background World to make it work within the context of an album, who knows. Either way, I'd love to see them do it because this trilogy has been the best NIN material since probably The Fragile. And even if some people don't like it put together and rearranged in a new and different order, they can always listen to it in its initially released state.
    I'd really want them to take the material in a different direction rather than simply repackage what we've already heard. Kind of like Fixed, but maybe less broken. Not just a remix album, but one that maintains a concept and is genuinely compelling to listen to.

If possible, the best outcome would be for the whole thing to be deconstructed/reconstructed/reassembled by Trent and Atticus.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Well well, looks like artists and fans think alike.

Would be incredible from them to reconstruct the album as whole piece from the three arcs indeed. Hope that doesn't fall out on the side of the road. I'm certain it would be great.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I'd rather they focus on new music than waste time repackaging 1-3 year old songs.....Knowing Trent, this sounds like something that will never get past the infancy stages anyway , so its most likely a moot point