Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1924

Thread: Trump 2018

Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    There's no way Rudy actually believes that the president can't obstruct justice. He just says what Trump tells him. Wasn't Rudy the only other one shameless enough to throw around the term Spygate?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    I have a question I’d really like the answer to. I see/get jumped by a lot of HRC supporters on Twitter due to my support of Bernie Sanders. I understand they (likely a knee jerk; not looking at the whole picture reaction) blame him for the election results and yet even though I voted for her to avoid Trump, I’m still dismissed as a Bernie Bro. They really hate him and seem to forget Jill Stein. Is this just sour grapes on their part as I have been thinking? Is it typical Wasteland Twitter? Or have I missed some valid criticism of Bernie? I really do still believe he was the only candidate that gave a shit about us. He definitely had trouble connecting with minorities but I don’t know why. His policies would have benefited them. He was right there supporting the civil rights movement.

I recognize this is unlikely but I’d like for us to come to some sort of resolution so that when November comes, there isn’t all this awful infighting. Maybe it is just rabid hatred (I was called “Just as bad as Trumpers” and I’ve seen this type of inaccurate venom thrown at many others too) but I might be missing something valid too (no politician is perfect).

So did I miss something?
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-04-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    wow, the new US ambassador of germany is a real jerk, a mean clown. And an ugly piece of shit.

on the other hand, the whole Trump administration is a collection of the dumbest, most mean and ugliest humans on earth. And every one of them fulfils all three characteristics. Fricking amazing!
    Last edited by baudolino; 06-04-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    @Swykk there was a misinfo Russian-bot social media spam misrepresentation of Bernie supporters. I interacted with a few. Jill Stein did her part without help, but there was a big campaign to portray the average Sanders supporter as a Bernie bro or Bernie or Buster. The most egregious example was when Roger Stone starting touting around that Harlan Hill guy, a "former Bernie millennial turned Trump supporter." I know some people who were duped by this shit, but they fall in the conspiracy theory camps... which is why it wasn't surprising to see Harlan Hill make an appearance on info wars

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    My sincerest hope is that 50-100 years from now, when kids are learning about the presidents in a textbook, this guy will fall in with the rest of the ones that no one remembers. When was the last time you heard someone other than a history buff talk about President van Buren?

This would be the best possible outcome for this presidency. His ludicrous attempts at policy fail miserably, and aside from setting the precedent of being the first truly unstable person to ever accidentally occupy the office, his tenure has no lasting impact on the nation and future generations learning nothing about his stain on our government. Partly because I hope he never achieves any of his agenda, and partly because I know that if there's an afterlife, he'd be beyond furious to be forgotten and shrugged off.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    i find it very scary the memo that was released RG's latest Sunday parade that stated, the president is above the law and can pardon himself. at this point i wonder if we are headed for a dictatorship or civil war. both i wound not care for
    -Louie

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Whenever I hear our dumbass dictator say he can pardon himself. All I can think of is this:

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I have a question I’d really like the answer to. I see/get jumped by a lot of HRC supporters on Twitter due to my support of Bernie Sanders. I understand they (likely a knee jerk; not looking at the whole picture reaction) blame him for the election results and yet even though I voted for her to avoid Trump, I’m still dismissed as a Bernie Bro. They really hate him and seem to forget Jill Stein. Is this just sour grapes on their part as I have been thinking? Is it typical Wasteland Twitter? Or have I missed some valid criticism of Bernie? I really do still believe he was the only candidate that gave a shit about us. He definitely had trouble connecting with minorities but I don’t know why. His policies would have benefited them. He was right there supporting the civil rights movement.

I recognize this is unlikely but I’d like for us to come to some sort of resolution so that when November comes, there isn’t all this awful infighting. Maybe it is just rabid hatred (I was called “Just as bad as Trumpers” and I’ve seen this type of inaccurate venom thrown at many others too) but I might be missing something valid too (no politician is perfect).

So did I miss something?
    People cannot blame progressives for voting for Bernie & then Jill Stein over Hillary. Those two candidates line up with our views on how things should be done, and they came and chased us for our vote. It is not the voters job to go to the politician. It is the politician's job to fight for my vote and convince ME to vote for them. Hillary did barely anything to come chase our vote. And the concessions she made/scraps she threw our way seemed like afterthouhgts anyway.

Furthermore, Hillary didn't campaign heavily enough in any way in the three crucial Midwest/Rust Belt states that ended up swinging the electoral college votes to Trump. Trump DID. He went and campaigned in Wisconsin, Michigan, PA and Ohio alot. I hate that monster as much as the next guy, but one thing you can't knock about him was his campaigning effort that summer and fall. Yes it was mostly bc of the erection he gets from the crowd adulation, but he still did the work. And that's why he squeaked out a few dozen thousand more votes than her in those crucial states: he was there talking to the voters, and she wasn't.

Don't waste your time arguing with ANYONE on Twitter, nevermind Hillary supporters. Gross. I would imagine any Hillary supporter who would go out of there way to argur with you in Twitter is not an issues-oriented voter/follower, and enjoyed her cult of personality more than anything else. There certainly wasn't much in Hillary's excuse for an agenda to get any non-rich/non-establishment person excited.

How can anyone not watch videos like this one and not be inspired by Bernie?

What a leader he's going to be for us. Can't wait till he's the candidate in 2020. Only people I can see topping him are Biden or Warren. Warren would be fantastic too.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

I feel like this is the beginning of the end.
    Dude, I was just thinking the exact same thing.
    The president can pardon himself. It's ok for him to kill people. Censorship is cool.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle with some of this shit I don't think.

I'm really, seriously getting scared and I don't know if there's a way out of this that doesn't end in some sort of violence.

This might really, seriously be the beginning of the end.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    people have been saying "it's the beginning of the end" since the beginning of the whole Trump debacle
    or: "Trump is falling apart"
    but that's how he maintains power, jumping from one crisis to the next
    giving his critics false hope that he's imploding
    and he's about to go down

and still it grinds on
    and will grind on
    until it's done
    which might take much much longer than we hoped

I am shitting myself that Doug Ford is going to win Ontario this week
    Trumpism is part of a whole global movement of conservative nationalist populist shit
    which I fear is going to get a lot worse before it starts to get better
    Last edited by aggroculture; 06-05-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Okay, I'm going to say it now, and I'm not going to apologize: feckless cunt (Trump, obviously, and not the woman who calls her out).

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1004054843630051329

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    He's pardoning all sorts of people all because Kim Kartrashian probably gave him a hummer and a free copy of Mr. Kartrashian's new album.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    He's pardoning all sorts of people all because Kim Kartrashian probably gave him a hummer and a free copy of Mr. Kartrashian's new album.
    For what it's worth, I believe pardoning Johnson was 100% appropriate. The likely reason WHY he did it (because another kiss-ass celebrity asked him to) is what bothers me.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    people have been saying "it's the beginning of the end" since the beginning of the whole Trump debacle...

Trumpism is part of a whole global movement of conservative nationalist populist shit
    which I fear is going to get a lot worse before it starts to get better
    Oh dude.
    I don't mean the end of trump and trumpism.
    I'm talking about the end of society as we know it, and I'm NOT being hyperbolic at this point.

You're talking about the whole thing taking "longer than we thought;" I'm suggesting that it's not going to end AT ALL.

because see, these people who have been emboldened and the ideas that have been normalized? I don't think they're going anywhere.

I see a future that may include the assassination of a leftist president, the government using lethal force on protesters, the possibility of state censorship and the utter breakdown of the fabric of the United States.

And God help us if a terror attack unites people behind trump.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-06-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

I see a future that may include the assassination of a leftist president, the government using lethal force on protesters, the possibility of state censorship and the utter breakdown of the fabric of the United States.

And God help us if a terror attack unites people behind trump.
    To be fair:

-I guessed at Obama being assassinated, or at least someone giving it a serious try. I was sure it was going to happen. I'm obviously beyond relieved that I was wrong about that.
    -I'm amazed we haven't heard a credible threat against Trump yet. For the amount of hatred that man has stirred up, I'm shocked that no one has even attempted anything. (And to be clear: as much as I hate him, I'm also glad that I'm wrong about this. I do not want to see a president assassinated, period.)
    -If a major terror attack happened on Trump's watch, I'd be shocked to see it unite people. He can't handle a ham sandwich. I think he'd botch the response so bad that only his most racist asshat supporters would follow him, while the ones who are at least starting to see their mistakes would cringe at his reply. (I use the "major" qualifier here because we've already had several terror attacks here since he was elected.)

He's pushing hard for state censorship (he's literally gone to court to fight for the right to block people from trying to reach him on twitter, he's told scientific agencies that they're not allowed to use actual scientific phrases in their work, etc). Police are already killing people so I think the "lethal force on protesters" part is here.

It's really hard to see a light at the end of this tunnel. Given that his run has emboldened more racist bigots to run for other offices and it's given media a regrettable "need" to give said people publicity, it looks like it'll get worse before it gets better. But once he's out of office - and remember, someday he will be out of office - I hold onto the hope that both the left and right will breathe a collective sigh of relief and forge ahead on a path of reasonably intelligent discourse and policy making. I feel you; it's really hard to imagine that. But his numbers are shit, more and more GOP members are speaking out against him, and yesterday Democrats made their 42nd red-to-blue flip in a state legislative seat since Trump took office - this time in a pretty deeply red district. There is hope - we just need to remember that hoping isn't going to get us anywhere. Red or blue, we need to be as active as we can to get Trump out of office (again, to be clear, in a legal and nonviolent way).

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Good points @theimage13 and I REALLY hope you're right about a future path of "reasonably intelligent policy making."

Now that you mention it, i, too, expected Obama to be shot, specifically when he got out of his car on inauguration day.
    Luckily those fears were unfounded.

I've got some more grim thoughts with which I could continue this discussion, but again, I REALLY hope you're right.
    And I think I'm gonna leave it at that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    One step closer to that Nobel Peace Prize!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kim-jon...ays-1528293476

Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    y'know, Rudy Giuliani might actually be worse than Trump when it comes to diplomacy...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...eam/674970002/

Are they finally learning?! I guess better late than never.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    wondering if trumps madness stupidity is contagious? Rudy's latest statement's seam to suggest so. here's what i think as some ones attorney your are obligated to listen to your client. so i think working with square head sponge pants Trump marches out Rudy out and Sarah lie lot sanders out to back up whatever lie he is peddling at the moment but is far to stupid to think things through.
    -louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    wondering if trumps madness stupidity is contagious? Rudy's latest statement's seam to suggest so. here's what i think as some ones attorney your are obligated to listen to your client. so i think working with square head sponge pants Trump marches out Rudy out and Sarah lie lot sanders out to back up whatever lie he is peddling at the moment but is far to stupid to think things through.
    -louie
    definitely! i feel a lot dumber since Trump is president too...

Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    as this all seems to get crazier and crazier, I wonder if part of the uptick in support is from the anarchist sect of libertarians... people who just want to see things function wrong

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Trump on Bourdain: "I liked his show. He was quite the character."
    Obama on Bourdain: "He taught us about food - but more importantly, about its ability to bring us together. To make us a little less afraid of the unknown."

Man, I miss having a president who had meaningful and insightful things to say.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Trump on Bourdain: "I liked his show. He was quite the character."
    Obama on Bourdain: "He taught us about food - but more importantly, about its ability to bring us together. To make us a little less afraid of the unknown."

Man, I miss having a president who had meaningful and insightful things to say.
    Same here. Oh, and Bourdain never liked El Stupido saying he would've been a terrible dinner guest. Especially with his poor eating habits, bad diet, and low-class taste.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This obsession with Putin and Russia by Trump is incredibly suspicious. Now he says Obama 'let' Russia annexe Crimea and they should be let back in to the G8? Has Putin got something on Trump or does he just love a genuine dictator and wants to be one?

Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Has Putin got something on Trump
    I would assume so. I think it's more likely that Trump's lawyer paid off Stormy Daniels despite Trump never doing anything sexually suggestive with her and that he never even knew about the payoff... than it is that Putin doesn't have something on him.

And... fuck. Now Trump is pretty much insulting Trudeau.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-09-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Canada, I'm sorry and I love you. I'll come up soon and visit (though I wish the visit were for a NIN show in Toronto...)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    To all our Canadian fans, I apologize for our dumbass dictator. We take great shame knowing that we have to deal with this asshole for another 2-6 years God forbid.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Oh FFS, what's the deal with Canada? Haven't read the news in a bit. Afraid to look.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Oh FFS, what's the deal with Canada? Haven't read the news in a bit. Afraid to look.
    Trump's acting like they're not our closest ally by imposing tariffs on them for "national security" reasons, also he blamed them for when the Brits burned the White House, also general douche behavior toward them at the G7 for a tl;dr version. I'm sure someone else could tell you specifics about the summit stuff, I've been too busy to keep up with that.