Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "untruthful slimeball"

This folls, is coming from the POTUS.

Christ almighty, the party of Lincoln and Eisenhower has come to this...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Um... I'm only asking... I didn't say OMG why is there a US media blackout. Just seemed odd nobody was talking about it
    Well, yeah, the thing is that it's kind of exhausting trying to keep up with all his crap on a daily basis. Keep in mind, the 2016 election cycle was also fucking insane. I felt like it consumed my entire life. And now that he's in office the shit just never ends. There's always some idiotic new controversy or tweet or interview or scandal or whatever. And that's just Trump himself, never mind the freakshow he surrounds himself with, like Bannon, Spicer, Scaramucci, Cohen, etc.

Plus there's the ongoing Russian investigation, which, when you dig deeper and deeper into all the details and theories, is fairly complicated.

So, yeah, the tweet was alarming, but it's like walking into the house of some severely mentally ill hoarder and saying "that spot right there in the corner of the kitchen is pretty messy." The whole place is a nightmare.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2018

I’m both jaded and busy. The missle tweet is the new normal for us. Nothing he does shocks me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No no sorry the caps was to express exasperation at the press, here, for driving us nuts with this, all fucking day due to one damned TWEET and little else, and sure enough the Cheeto has already backed off that Tweet. It’s like the idiot wakes up, takes his phone with him into the john to take a dump, then sits there composing aggro Tweets. Then our press and media spends THE ENTIRE DAY having experts analyze it. (The Tweet, not the dump. If they could, they’d analyze both.)

I think ETS is now so jaded (or busy), we barely discuss half the stuff the President does.
    I'm not sure it has blown over, the uk cabinet has said they are up for strikes and Macron says he has evidence Russia did it.

Meanwhile the uk props up Saudi Arabia who are slaughtering yemenis and the myanmar govt who are doing very little about rohingya genocide... but they don't use gas... So it's ok? The world is actually mental

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    kind of funny i had to go onsite for work to Elli Lilly the drug company pretty much the center of the country,and very regressive full of their own morality i guess they just recently started allowing Sunday alcohol sales. and still don't allow the sale of cold beer in convenience stores. being from SF they all thought i was a gay pot smoking spawn of Satan. so glad to return home. anyways what i found amusing and scary. was seeing several ads for people running for congress running on being pro trump, go figure.
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 04-13-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    also @Sutekh , keep in mind that this is a pretty casual, low population board, especially at this point. sometimes people just aren't around much. all sorts of news headlines get passed by here. i wouldn't view it as an indicator of what's happening in the US as a whole.

the other thing is that sometimes people just don't have much to discuss about certain topics, even if they're fully aware of it and they think it's bad.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    True, ironically that would be a trump-like way of forming an opinion about the USA

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Odds on Rosenstein having a job at 5:00 PM?

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/984832685418991617

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Odds on Rosenstein having a job at 5:00 PM?

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/984832685418991617
    Eastern or Pacific?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Random Trump thought:

Remember back when Adm. Jackson declared Trump to be in great health and people were accusing him of lying and being a Trump shill? Think about this...the guy is in his 70s, not at a super healthy weight, eats a terrible diet, is pretty much angry or scared / nervous around the clock, and has one of the single most stressful jobs in the entire world.

Anyone else would have been dead five times over by now.

I hate to say it, but maybe the Cheeto really does have impressively stubborn genes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's only a stressful job if you have at least a shred of morality, though. And that tyrant clearly doesn't.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I wonder what his blood pressure is these days.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    It's only a stressful job if you have at least a shred of morality, though. And that tyrant clearly doesn't.
    I dunno. I think he's still trying to leverage his position to continue to grow his personal fortune via his business while simultaneously having everyone around him being investigated for financial crimes. I'd be pretty stressed out if I were him.

Granted, you're right - most US presidents are stressed on the job for different reasons....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Also: Trump pardons former high ranking government official for crimes including perjury and obstruction of justice.

And gee, where have we seen this recently? It's almost like he's trying to set precedent for a certain set of circumstances so future pardons will seem validated...

To the former vice president and others in his orbit, Libby’s conviction was the product of an overzealous special prosecutor and a liberal Washington jury.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Also: Trump pardons former high ranking government official for crimes including perjury and obstruction of justice.

And gee, where have we seen this recently? It's almost like he's trying to set precedent for a certain set of circumstances so future pardons will seem validated...
    Nah the President can pardon whomever the President wants, without question, and they ALL have a history of crazy pardons. There is no precedent to crazy pardons. Like Marc Rich, Caspar Weinberger, Jimmy Hoffa, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-13-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    act of comfort to flex prez muscle, very sad day
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

I think ETS is now so jaded (or busy), we barely discuss half the stuff the President does.
    At this point it's just so goddamn baffling that Trump could tweet something like "our best guys are working on a weaponized, incurable version of chlamydia that only affects non-Christians. About to start testing it out on drug offenders. JOBS JOBS JOBS!" And the consensus would probably be something like "ugh he's not even trying anymore."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Random Trump thought:

Remember back when Adm. Jackson declared Trump to be in great health and people were accusing him of lying and being a Trump shill? Think about this...the guy is in his 70s, not at a super healthy weight, eats a terrible diet, is pretty much angry or scared / nervous around the clock, and has one of the single most stressful jobs in the entire world.

Anyone else would have been dead five times over by now.

I hate to say it, but maybe the Cheeto really does have impressively stubborn genes.
    To say he is bearing the stress well is to assume he fully comprehends what is going on and can get stressed by it

I'm going to take it - and most other things - as evidence he doesn't

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Madness.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Oh for fuck sakes

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    hmmm, what remarkable timing

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    It’s been on TV everywhere here ALL FUCKING DAY. We just haven’t talked about it here on ETS.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/1...ia-attack.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/11/trum...-in-syria.html

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...ist=associated

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-taunt...ry?id=54387687

The general consensus is that he’s full of shit, blowing smoke out his ass, since he was just recently pulling out of Syria and backing Putin. And he’s saying “I didn’t say WHEN.”
    I wish you / the general consensus had been right...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/13/w...ia-attack.html

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    figured an attack would happen over the weekend to distract from the Comey book, it will be interesting to see how Russia's responds. we don't now what intelligence they have what has or has not been them to them. this could get very ugly very fast
    -Louie

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"precision strikes"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Wow.... we're fucked. Thanks a lot fuckhead.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's on then.

Thank fuck I have two passports

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Bolton's probably jerking off to the footage as we speak.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Madness.
    i was just listening to the radio on the ride back from work while the news was coming out. Brian Suits often has interesting and informed insight into this stuff, and his takeaway on this was interesting, yet also a little aggravating.

He seems to think that the gesture, the rapid roll out and demonstration of allied support, along with the seemingly unnecessary decision to put us troop lives in potential danger, was all part of a "fuck off and don't you dare fuck with us" statement, but that it was mostly disinterested in scaring Syria or Russia.... That it was probably directed more to North Korea...

I dont think anyone knows really, and I think so much is weighing on Russian response that it's a little silly to imply there isn't a huge bluff being called on their front. All I know... Is that if this is a tactfully constructed military maneuver that is intended to subtly assert our dominance to NK or any other non-direct party, Trump will soon enough fuck it up in some horrifying Twitter fit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It was just another move that was very similar to what they did a year ago, and what Obama WANTED to do with the "red line" but didn't. Truth is, there's not a whole fucking hell of a lot LEFT in Syria. But, the allies are obligated to tell Syria and Russia that nobody can use chemical weapons. Mattis was at the Pentagon tonight, said that it was a limited strike and we're pretty much already done, it was a one-shot event but we used double the weapons we used last time.

Meanwhile, Alex Jones is LOSING HIS FUCKING MIND, claiming "the left is CELEBRATING!!!"

Alex Jones should be committed (as should every sick fuck he has on his show).
    https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/984990137544257536
    Last edited by allegro; 04-13-2018 at 11:29 PM.