Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2359

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump throws hissy fit while Nancy & Chuck smile

  1. #2281
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,697
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    I think Kellyanne hates her job and boss as much as her husband does. She doesn’t actually BELIEVE the shit she says. Come on. It’s gotta be driving her a bit crazy. I’m sure she’d love to scream out the stuff he tweets.

    also, Giuliani, Trump’s fucking cyber security expert, apparently doesn’t understand how internets work on a grandpa-fail level that would make the average toddler facepalm
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna944136
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-05-2018 at 10:48 AM.

  2. #2282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think Kellyanne hates her job and boss as much as her husband does. She doesn’t actually BELIEVE the shit she says. Come on. It’s gotta be driving her a bit crazy. I’m sure she’d love to scream out the stuff he tweets.

    also, Giuliani, Trump’s fucking cyber security expert, apparently doesn’t understand how internets work on a grandpa-fail level that would make the average toddler facepalm
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna944136
    I personally find it hard to believe that anyone in his inner circle doesn't hate him. I get it if you're a young WH staffer who just wants to have 1600 Penn Ave on your resume and you don't actually have anything to do with the president. But she's one of his closest people - I can't imagine a scenario in which she's there involuntarily.

    Also for that Giuliani tweet...wow. Props to the guy who bought the domain name and made a quick (and successful) joke out of it. I can't tell if Rudy is so stupid that he honestly believes what he just said, or smart enough to know that his / Trump's supporters are so stupid that he can make up such an outrageously false claim and they'll believe him.

  3. #2283
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,086
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)


    he was upset that Rudy had one of the more insane tweets so he felt he had to one up him?

  4. #2284
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    he was upset that Rudy had one of the more insane tweets so he felt he had to one up him?
    What's insane about that? He simply noted that the only VP from the last 41 years (!!) to not be sitting in the pews was the one being remembered. If he had just left it at "everyone but one," the idiots of Twitter would be like "WELL? WHO'S THE JACKASS WHO DIDN'T SHOW UP?!" This was a basic tweet marking an historic occasion; nothing more.

  5. #2285
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,086
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    You have better crazy-coot comprehension than I.

  6. #2286
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well, technically speaking George HW Bush was there.....

  7. #2287
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Well, technically speaking George HW Bush was there.....
    If you really want to get into semantics and an existential argument, there was just a body there. The part of the whole package that was quintessentially Bush was not there. Or maybe it was. No one knows.

    (I swear to god I'm not on drugs. I've just always found life / death / afterlife to be a fascinating subject).

  8. #2288
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,697
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Maybe his tweet should have read “all Vice Presidents since 1977 were in attendance, including Bush, who showed up dead.”

    Too soon? Sorry, I think this endless eulogy is fucking with my composure.

  9. #2289
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,265
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    If you really want to get into semantics and an existential argument, there was just a body there. The part of the whole package that was quintessentially Bush was not there.
    Nonsense! What we call "consciousness" and "the self" are nothing but comforting illusions created to shield us from the brutality of the material universe. Bush Sr.'s consciousness hasn't gone anywhere because it never really existed in the first place. All that he ever was, like any other human being, was a collection of organic material responding to the stimuli around him. That collection of organic material that we referred to as "George H.W. Bush" is obviously present at this funeral, so Eskimo's point still stands.

  10. #2290
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Nonsense! What we call "consciousness" and "the self" are nothing but comforting illusions created to shield us from the brutality of the material universe. Bush Sr.'s consciousness hasn't gone anywhere because it never really existed in the first place. All that he ever was, like any other human being, was a collection of organic material responding to the stimuli around him. That collection of organic material that we referred to as "George H.W. Bush" is obviously present at this funeral, so Eskimo's point still stands.
    I so desperately want to keep this going, but as much as I enjoy a good spanking, I really don't want one from any of the mods. So let's try to get this back on track, eh?

  11. #2291
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,265
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I so desperately want to keep this going
    You should make a new thread about all this life/death/afterlife shit in Speak Your Mind so we can just run wild with this topic. Don't ask me what to name it though, I'm stumped.

  12. #2292
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    You should make a new thread about all this life/death/afterlife shit in Speak Your Mind so we can just run wild with this topic. Don't ask me what to name it though, I'm stumped.
    OK.

    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...989#post440989

  13. #2293
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,086
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)


    Yeah, so, an old white dude is quoting MF Doom. What.


  14. #2294
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    2,912
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Hip hop lyrics are that MSNBC hosts' schtick. He prolly fed the line to Lupica. It's all so cringey.

  15. #2295
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,697
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Hip hop lyrics are that MSNBC hosts' schtick. He prolly fed the line to Lupica. It's all so cringey.
    Honestly, this isn't the political climate for "I'm so white I love hip hop as a gimmick!" at all... hire him back when we're not watching the razor-sharp pendulum inch closer to our collective necks, but this is getting too dorky and I'm not in the mood for another "what fun this all is! Why, it reminds me of a Wu Tang lyric!" thing.

  16. #2296
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,171
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Honestly, this isn't the political climate for "I'm so white I love hip hop as a gimmick!" at all... hire him back when we're not watching the razor-sharp pendulum inch closer to our collective necks, but this is getting too dorky and I'm not in the mood for another "what fun this all is! Why, it reminds me of a Wu Tang lyric!" thing.
    Ari has done this for a long time now. This is nothing new. If you would give his interview with DeRay Mckesson a listen, you would find he is very on the pulse on a number of things and that there's more to him than quoting MF Doom during his show - https://crooked.com/podcast/protect-the-win2/

  17. #2297
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    2,912
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Honestly, this isn't the political climate for "I'm so white I love hip hop as a gimmick!" at all... hire him back when we're not watching the razor-sharp pendulum inch closer to our collective necks, but this is getting too dorky and I'm not in the mood for another "what fun this all is! Why, it reminds me of a Wu Tang lyric!" thing.
    Well said. There is still a level of calm to alot of these establishment types on MSNBC & CNN that makes me sick. Above all else they seemed to be insulted by the lack of decorum surrounding Trump & the right these days (and by extension, as well as people on the progressive side who right now aren't sticking to the established rules re: discourse & gov'tmental procedure as they see fit) moreso than what is actually happening to the country b/c of the disgusting acts they are setting forth.

    They just want a return to the established order of things and for everyone to quiet down. Sadly so do alot of regular people in this country who are being forced to pay attention to politics for the first time b/c of what a monster Trump and his far right cronies are this time around.

  18. #2298
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,952
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Excellent Renato Mariatti Twitter thread, “What should we make of the conclusion by federal prosecutors in New York that Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to commit a crime?”

    https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_ma...65980511010817



    Also here: https://threader.app/thread/1071165980511010817
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 12-07-2018 at 08:34 PM.

  19. #2299
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Excellent Renato Mariatti Twitter thread, “What should we make of the conclusion by federal prosecutors in New York that Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to commit a crime?”

    https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_ma...65980511010817

    Also here: https://threader.app/thread/1071165980511010817
    I'm buying a bottle of champagne to keep on hand for the day he's no longer president and he starts getting charged.

  20. #2300
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,952
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Renato Mariatti’s follow-up thread re Cohen and Manafort and what happened today (key details in the filings):

    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...155698690.html


    @Jinsai , read Bob Woodward’s “Fear.” Kellyanne Conway loves Trump, loves her job, and hates it when her husband says bad shit about Trump.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 12-07-2018 at 10:23 PM.

  21. #2301
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,086
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)


    uhhhh...







    hmm...

  22. #2302
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,952
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    We KNOW that “Individual 1” is Trump because Cohen’s plea agreement states that Cohen served as Executive Vice President and Special Counsel to “The Company” (Trump Organization) and “the Owner” of “the Company” is “Individual 1.”

    https://www.elitedaily.com/p/who-is-...-deal-13218904

    I’m still not sure where all of this will go. MSNBC is having an orgasmic field day, but that’s because a day like this is good for advertising revenue. There aren’t enough legal dots, yet, to connect. So far, a bunch of people are guilty of lying.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 12-07-2018 at 11:14 PM.

  23. #2303
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Renato Mariatti’s follow-up thread re Cohen and Manafort and what happened today (key details in the filings):

    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...155698690.html\
    I think what I'm most afraid of now is the fact that the AG has, from the sound of it, near sole discretion as to what part(s) of Mueller's final report are actually presented to Congress and what, if anything, is ever made public.

    So I'm just going to say it: if so much as ANYTHING that doesn't appear to be the name of an American intelligence officer appears to be redacted from whatever report is made available, I am going to take that as absolute proof that Mueller has found prosecutable evidence of one or more felonies, and that Barr (assuming he's confirmed) is redacting everything for no other purpose than to protect his boss and party member. Does that paranoid / conspiratorial?

  24. #2304
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,952
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    It’ll leak.

  25. #2305
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,697
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post


    @Jinsai, read Bob Woodward’s “Fear.” Kellyanne Conway loves Trump, loves her job, and hates it when her husband says bad shit about Trump.
    I need to pick it back up.... I made I through part of it and it just made me so pissed off I had to put it away.

  26. #2306
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    It’ll leak.
    Even if the AG is pretty much the only one who is formally handed a copy? I can see it maybe leaking if the whole thing made it to Congress, but the SCO has been so good with leaks that I have a hard time picturing it happening if it only moves between them and Barr.

  27. #2307
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,952
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Even if the AG is pretty much the only one who is formally handed a copy? I can see it maybe leaking if the whole thing made it to Congress, but the SCO has been so good with leaks that I have a hard time picturing it happening if it only moves between them and Barr.
    Yeah, most of the contents is coming out via other means: grand jury investigations leading to indictments and other investigations, etc. Mueller’s been handing off a ton of his findings to others (Federal and Circuit Court jurisdictions) or starting actual criminal investigations, and much of the discovery in those cases can become public.

    The end “report” isn’t going to mean much more than a summary of what we are already seeing IN REAL TIME. Mueller appears to be totally aware that an AG could bury the report, so he’s making the report “public” via indictments and court fillings, etc. And eventually Congress will demand to see the Report, and THAT is where it could leak.

    The full Starr Report was released online, though.

  28. #2308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,265
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

  29. #2309
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,936
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

  30. #2310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Congratulations to the Daily Beast, for managing to make yourselves look unbelievably stupid with the layout of this quote leading into the next headline.


Posting Permissions