Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, but he always does that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    No, my account hasn't been hacked. In the spirit of true bipartisanship, I want to make an effort to share things that make me think "wow, he's not a complete and utter fuckup in regard to this".

How Trump went from 'tough on crime' to 'second chance' for felons

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm throwing this in this thread instead of the midterms because it's super fucking corrupt.

Martha McSally was a rep from Arizona's 2nd district who ran for Senate in 2018 to fill Jeff Flake's upcoming seat due to his retirement. McSally was famously quoted in 2017 before the House voted to repeal the ACA and implement the AHCA saying "Let's get this fucking thing done!" She then campaigned against Democrat Kyrsten Sinema, who ran as more of a centrist, and lost her Senate election. Facing pressure from other GOP folks to cry "voter fraud" and whatnot in the vein of Marco Rubio, she decided to concede when it became clear that she had been defeated. Many praised her for her candor and said that even though her record spoke to the contrary, more Republicans should follow her example.

And now we likely know why she was quick to concede - Arizona Governor Doug Ducey has announced that following the departure of Jon Kyl's temporary appointment to John McCain's Senate seat, he is appointing Martha McSally to the Senate where she will face a special election in 2020 for the remainder of McCain's original term through 2022.

The people of Arizona voted for Kyrsten Sinema, and now her opponent and the loser is still going to the Senate anyway. Corrupt as fuck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That’s not why she conceded and it’s not corrupt. The Governor has the power to appoint a temporary replacement, that’s how he appointed Kyl. But Kyl was busy doing a bunch of other things (and is really old) and reluctantly took the post, allegedly at the urging of Cindy McCain, only as temporary. This McSally appointment is also temporary, as she will still have to run in 2020 in a special election and won’t serve out the remainder McCain’s term so the 2020 winner will have to run AGAIN in 2022. It also represents the will of the Arizona voters; she came in 2nd place for the Flake seat, so it makes no logical sense to replace Kyl with anyone other than McSally.

When Barack Obama was elected President of the United States, his Illinois U.S. Senate seat was filled by then-Governor Rod Blagojevic (who tried selling the seat for campaign money - but was caught and was convicted and is now serving a 14-year Ferderal prison sentence); he ultimately appointed Democrat Roland Burris.

Every last day of John McCain’s life, his and Cindy’s Instagram feed was filled with demands to step down before the Arizona deadline to hold a special election to fill his seat. Didn’t matter that the guy was still working from home. Ugh.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-18-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Not really sure whether this should be here or general headlines, but Bye Bye Trump Foundation

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Michael Flynn sentencing hearing is getting pretty serious. The judge has had Flynn verbally confirm that he is pleading guilty because he actually believes that he is guilty.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    The Michael Flynn sentencing hearing is getting pretty serious. The judge has had Flynn verbally confirm that he is pleading guilty because he actually believes that he is guilty.

Judge Sullivan asks if Flynn could have been charged with treason. Instead of denying it, the prosecutor from the SCO's office said that he would not get into that line of questioning.

Wow. I wonder if a motivating factor in pleading was that he faced some extremely serious charges otherwise.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Flynn sentencing delayed after Judge Sullivan walked back the treason comments. It sounds like the SCO prosecutor spoke with the judge to walk that back. Flynn will presumably continue to help Mueller's office and they'll resume sentencing as early as March.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-...eason?ref=home

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'm late on replying to this, but I've got to throw it out there.
    Not ALL militia and survivalist types are white supremacists. And I'm not just talking about the groups that have one or two token black members.
    Redneck Revolt, for instance: they're really into guns and training and all that shit. But ANTI racism is pretty close to the top of their mission statement, and they show up at right wing rallies to counter protest, and they're fucking ARMED.
    There are also black militias.

I know a majority of these types are racist, but, that being said, it's not THAT crazy for someone like Bundy to dislike Trump.

Personally, I think that some of these groups (like redneck revolt) are pretty fucking cool.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Even still, it just struck me as particularly odd since Trump pardoned the whole family.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Even still, it just struck me as particularly odd since Trump pardoned the whole family.
    I THINk he pardoned the Hammond family, right? I don't think the Bundys were ever convicted of anything.

Either way, I fucking LOVE this, just because Trump wanted to earn points with the far right with these pardons.

But these people hate THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. And trump is the federal government. Yes, some of them support him, but some don't, and you can bet that a LOT of them will NEVER trust him.

A lot of these people are borderline ANARCHISTS.

I would LOOOOVE to see more of them turn against him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

When I am awake for 3-4 days at a time on strong uppers and my body finally starts shutting down, sometimes it'll do this thing where I just fall out of existence for 10-60 seconds... and then suddenly pop back into the waking world to casually continue what I'm doing.

If I'm writing a message online, I'll go through this process sometimes like 20 times in the span of 2-3 lines of text. Just, out...in, type a few words, out...in, type a few words, etc. Until eventually I'm satisfied with my 'message' and hit send and pass out.

Then when I go back the next day and read my message, it's just a mishmash of brain-dead, half explored threads of minimally comprehensible gibberish, often loaded with a ton of unnecessary qualifiers and attempts at flowery language, except I couldn't think of any good words at the time so I just repeated the same simplistic phrase over and over, thinking I was hot shit.

That's how Donald Trump tweets and it's nauseating.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Donald Trump wants you to call 1-800-684-3043 and leave a thank you message for him.

Seriously.

You know what to do.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8690271.html

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Donald Trump wants you to call 1-800-684-3043 and leave a thank you message for him.

Seriously.

You know what to do.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8690271.html
    "President Trump has achieved more during his time in office than any president in history."

IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS THIS EVEN REAL?! I might not be up on american presidents as much as the american people, but i'd imagine many on any political leaning will call bullshit on that clam. ANY president? IN HISTORY? REALLY? Have they read ANY HISTORY BOOKS?!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    "President Trump has achieved more during his time in office than any president in history."

IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS THIS EVEN REAL?! I might not be up on american presidents as much as the american people, but i'd imagine many on any political leaning will call bullshit on that clam. ANY president? IN HISTORY? REALLY? Have they read ANY HISTORY BOOKS?!
    It's real in the Trump Universe(TM), where the majority of voters are highly uneducated and easily conned.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    These aren’t direct quotes, but... who needs them. Nothing is real anymore.

Trump on Twitter yesterday: “I beat ISIS so we’re getting out of Syria ASAP”

Trump on Twitter today “Now Russia will be so mad because they’re gonna have to fight ISIS without us.”

uhhhhh... I thought ISIS was defeated... by Trump... so... how... anyway, it doesn’t seem like Putin is terribly upset about this. On the contrary he seems delighted and said “Trump is right.” Nobody back in the states seems to think so though. Even Lindsey Graham is shocked.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    There's a GoFundMe for....I'm not kidding...the fucking wall. It has MILLIONS in donations already.

I'm not gonna lie, I genuinely feel bad for the people who have been conned into donating, because I'm guessing a lot of them are older and/or lower income people who really can't afford to throw their money away like that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    There's a GoFundMe for....I'm not kidding...the fucking wall. It has MILLIONS in donations already.

I'm not gonna lie, I genuinely feel bad for the people who have been conned into donating, because I'm guessing a lot of them are older and/or lower income people who really can't afford to throw their money away like that.
    OMG, this is HILARIOUS, I posted on Trump’s Twitter feed when he was bitching about not getting his Wall, “why don’t you start a GoFundMe page?” And I was TOTALLY serious, because at least then it was coming from donors and NOT from taxpayer dollars and the budget etc. This guy started one three days ago, with the same intentions.

If his followers can come up with enough money, then THEY should pay for the thing. (Including what it costs to pay land owners for land values for eminent domain and water rights.)

Here’s the page: https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

It’s up to almost $7 million in 3 days.

I don’t feel bad about these people ONE BIT.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-20-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

Every time he says this “slatted steel” stuff on Twitter, people BOMBARD him with comments that say

“THAT’S A FENCE!!!”
    Last edited by allegro; 12-20-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Republican leaders slowly moving away from Trump:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...u91-Tun7xY2zLM

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    OMG, this is HILARIOUS, I posted on Trump’s Twitter feed when he was bitching about not getting his Wall, “why don’t you start a GoFundMe page?” And I was TOTALLY serious, because at least then it was coming from donors and NOT from taxpayer dollars and the budget etc. This guy started one three days ago, with the same intentions.

If his followers can come up with enough money, then THEY should pay for the thing. (Including what it costs to pay land owners for land values for eminent domain and water rights.)

Here’s the page: https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

It’s up to almost $7 million in 3 days.

I don’t feel bad about these people ONE BIT.
    Isn't the problem w/ GoFundMe though that this person can just keep the money and demonstrate that at least part was put towards funding the concept of the wall.... The issue is that GoFundMe can be scammed a lot easier.

Weren't we talking in this thread earlier about the rapper who set up a GoFundMe page to prove the earth was flat, and a lot of people were pointing out that he was probably planning on just pocketing the money? Also, how is 1 billion going to fund the wall? Trump's lowball estimate is 5 billion right (while estimates were pointing at closer to 20 billion right?)

This isn't Kickstarter... if the funding goals aren't reached, people don't get their money back. Whatever though... If you want to fund the wall out of your own pockets, go for it I guess.

Breaking News though: James Mattis is retiring, and will be out by the end of February. This is all of course presumably due to the surprise withdrawal from Syria has been the last straw
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-20-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    @Jinsai According to the guy who's running it, the GoFundMe is (supposedly) looking at getting a legal document drawn up so that the money has to, without exception, go towards funding a wall. It also states that if something happens to prevent that, every single person gets a refund. The guy is supposed to be a triple amputee veteran and all his personal info is up and available to see so that people can verify he's a real person. This is all according to the discription of the campaign straight from the main GoFundMe page. He has it set as 1 billion because that's the funding cap the site allows, he's hoping if they hit that goal they can either convince the site to increase the cap, or at the very least get what they have donated to the federal government for the express purpose of funding the wall.

Before anybody gets any funny ideas, no, i did not donate.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    @Jinsai According to the guy who's running it, the GoFundMe is (supposedly) looking at getting a legal document drawn up so that the money has to, without exception, go towards funding a wall. It also states that if something happens to prevent that, every single person gets a refund. The guy is supposed to be a triple amputee veteran and all his personal info is up and available to see so that people can verify he's a real person. This is all according to the discription of the campaign straight from the main GoFundMe page. He has it set as 1 billion because that's the funding cap the site allows, he's hoping if they hit that goal they can either convince the site to increase the cap, or at the very least get what they have donated to the federal government for the express purpose of funding the wall.

Before anybody gets any funny ideas, no, i did not donate.
    I'm seeing this on his page, but these are promises. His FB account being verified means jack SHIT w/ liability and responsibility to fulfill on GFM. Public figures have abused GFM, so his claim that this is not a risky investment on those grounds is nonsense, whether he knows it or not. It all hinges on the promise to "have this all worked out legally and in a binding way" in the future.

So why not figure it out first BEFORE you start handing out a billion dollar collection plate? Why not specify what would be a sufficient collected amount before refund?

This doesn't feel like a realistic goal, but like I said, if they can raise the money to build it, go for it. For some reason, it seems a lot of people will think that "owns the libs." Like, we're really against the wall, not the waste of money. I don't give a shit about the wall if it's free... although, I guess at that point you can talk to the people who live on the land that will be considered for the wall, and the previously mentioned consideration about eminent domain.

Also, this fundraiser doesn't specify what clearly constitutes "a wall," so...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-20-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    GoFoundMe page or not, this stupid fucking thing will never be built.

He will go with some increased border security and claim total victory, just like the midterms were a total victory for him too.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I believe that GFM can investigate / research the legitimacy of the fund and insure it, which is probably already underway at this point with that much money.

I saw it with a pet rescue initiative in Peru that is being managed by a woman in Canada; GFM came in and did an investigation as to the legitimacy of the rescue organization as well as the woman in Canada, etc. and set up a trust as a kind of middleman escrow.

(I only know this because I was donating to this fund.)

Many miles of fence (not wall) have already been built in strategic areas of the southern border. Trump already backed down from a sea-to-sea wall to a “strategically placed iron-slatted” structure.

Not sure if that will satisfy his base.

If he DOESN’T build a wall, he won’t win 2020.

If you’re not on Twitter, you aren’t seeing his base screaming “BUILD THE WALL” at Trump and everybody. Daily. They’re in full-on revolt mode, led by Ann Coulter, etc.

Trump stopped following Coulter on Twitter.

This might be why, LOL: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-less-country/

In the end, we’ll probably find out “wall” was Trump’s “safe word” with Stormy Daniels. It’s just something he blurts out whenever he’s in trouble
    LOL LOL
    Last edited by allegro; 12-20-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    GFM has already said that the general conditions of this fundraiser do not violate their policies, and neither does the other one that's raised 10s of thousands in response to purchase ladders for immigrants to scale it. GFM doesn't do so great in the accountability area. But whatever... it's silly anyway.

All of this is overshadowing the bigger news that James Mattis is leaving... he seemed like the most reasonable and qualified of his original choices, so I guess it's not a shock that he's leaving after this Syria debacle.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-20-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, reports are out that Turkey’s Erdogan informed Trump that Turkey was going to move in and attack the Kurds, which are currently backed by the U.S., and Erdogan told Trump to get out of the way, and Trump said okay thanks will do.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...kurds-in-syria

What the ... Mattis and the Republicans are NOT on board. Neither are the Democrats, oddly enough. ONLY the Trump "Nationalists" are on board.

Mattis’ resignation letter includes this:

Because you have a right to a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1OJ2WR
    Last edited by allegro; 12-20-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    If you’re not on Twitter, you aren’t seeing his base screaming “BUILD THE WALL” at Trump and everybody. Daily. They’re in full-on revolt mode, led by Ann Coulter, etc.
    I'm definitely not on Twitter. I shut down my Twitter account maybe two or three years ago when it became super obvious that the site was no more than a cyberbully's wank bank. I am still moderately on Facebook though, and every string of comments on anything Trump related is full to the brim with BUILD THE WALL! shouts downs. I doubt even if the money is raised that Congress will allow it to be used, but, i admit, i'm not super knowledgeable about how money can be handed to the government by private citizens and what the rules are regarding its use.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I'm definitely not on Twitter. I shut down my Twitter account maybe two or three years ago when it became super obvious that the site was no more than a cyberbully's wank bank. I am still moderately on Facebook though, and every string of comments on anything Trump related is full to the brim with BUILD THE WALL! shouts downs. I doubt even if the money is raised that Congress will allow it to be used, but, i admit, i'm not super knowledgeable about how money can be handed to the government by private citizens and what the rules are regarding its use.
    Dude, Facebook is MORE of a cyberbully's wank bank, but with DUMBER people. And FAMILY.

I was put into Twitter Jail for the 4th time yesterday for saying FUCK about 4 times in a heated exchange with a Trump moron who insists that Obama paid $1.5 (or $1.8, depending on his typos) billion to Iran just to fund terrorism. Or something. Without any approval of Congress and for no particular reason other than because, I guess, Obama wanted to do it because Obama is the antichrist.

(An aside: After Chuck Grassley posted on Twitter that the bipartisan prison reform bill had been passed, somebody posted that they "didn't trust" Dick Durbin because he is "the personification of evil." DICK DURBIN: PERSONIFICATION OF EVIL. Like, seriously, WHAT THE FUCK do you think EVIL is if DICK DURBIN is YOUR "personification" of evil?)

Anyway, back to dickhead above: Never mind the agreement between Iran and the United States in 1981, known as the Algerian Agreement.

But when I and others provided several sources, including this comprehensive fact-check from WaPo, he kept coming back and calling us stupid and morons and that our links and info kept proving that HE knew more than us, so then I stopped being nice, and started calling him a fucking moron who couldn't comprehend without a translator and a highlighter pen, and I started calling him "Sputnik," etc., and he got butt hurt and reported me as offensive, then I reported him as being a spam account. Then I got the lovely message from Twitter nicely informing me that they were temporarily "limiting" my account due to me being "offensive." (Twitter jail.)

Whatever. I have, like, EIGHT followers, as I deliberately block people, LOL. I'm not there to collect followers. I'm there to read funny accounts and to piss people off.

But at least Twitter isn't collecting my fucking data like Facebook, since my login is Edith Rice Pilaf LOL

Anyway, I think at some point the Government can take over that GoFundMe account and use it.

But I don't even give a fuck at this point, we are treading into unchartered territory every damned day.

The President is ON TWITTER ALL DAY.

He's using a fucking iPhone!!!

Fuck it, I don't care, use donated funds. Whatever.

@Demogorgon : FWIW: Trump's Twitter feed is now FILLED, like 99%, with people AGAINST him. Ann Coulter's feed is against him. Shit, his base is revolting, it's actually BEAUTIFUL to watch right now on Twitter.

I follow John Kasich on Twitter.

LOOK AT THIS FEED.

Yesterday, Governor Kasich issued an executive order barring 'gender identity' discrimination.

The positive response on Twitter was overwhelmingly positive, with the occasional "RINO!" etc. But nearly ALL Republicans on Twitter get the "RINO" accusations right now. And who's the real RINO? TRUMP.

The GOP and its membership is poised for a total disruption.

We are in for some CRAZY fucking times.

And I'm on Twitter for the ride.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-20-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    United States added to list of most dangerous countries for journalists for first time

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u...t-time-n949676