Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2360

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump throws hissy fit while Nancy & Chuck smile

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Seriously, wasn't there a youngish rapper some time back that truly thought the Earth was flat? Young people are not definitively the answer.
    ah yes, that famous young rapper/five time All Star PG Kyrie Irving

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Lord have mercy, just got back from the NIN sub. The whining from redditors about Trent's Ted Cruz comments the other night is getting to me. "I go to concerts to have fun and not talk about politics. Why does he have to make everything political? REEEEE."

Sure enough, when you click on their post history, they stump for Trump (and Cruz, McConnell etc.) In the NIN sub's defense, those folks are getting downvoted pretty handily.

They wanted a leader who was vicious and condescending to the people groups they didn't like/were afraid of, but they didn't have the stones to own it when called to the carpet for it. That's the part that really kills me, and I see it with my family members all the time. They are either MAGA or of the "all sides are the same" persuasion, and they get so frustrated when you dare to tell them they effed up, no matter how reasonably you present your perspective. "Why can't you tolerate my intolerance? I have a right to an opinion! Why do you have to make everything political? WHY ARE WE SO DIVIDED?!?!"

They want to have their asshole cake and eat it too without anyone looking down on them for eating an entire cake made of assholes.

But if the rest of us have to deal with the practical consequences of your political ideology, then we have no obligation to shield you from the social consequences of your political ideology. So when your musical idol talks trash about your ideology, that's a social consequence that YOU signed up for willingly.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Lord have mercy, just got back from the NIN sub. The whining from redditors about Trent's Ted Cruz comments the other night is getting to me. "I go to concerts to have fun and not talk about politics. Why does he have to make everything political? REEEEE."

Sure enough, when you click on their post history, they stump for Trump (and Cruz, McConnell etc.) In the NIN sub's defense, those folks are getting downvoted pretty handily.

They wanted a leader who was vicious and condescending to the people groups they didn't like/were afraid of, but they didn't have the stones to own it when called to the carpet for it. That's the part that really kills me, and I see it with my family members all the time. They are either MAGA or of the "all sides are the same" persuasion, and they get so frustrated when you dare to tell them they effed up, no matter how reasonably you present your perspective. "Why can't you tolerate my intolerance? I have a right to an opinion! Why do you have to make everything political? WHY ARE WE SO DIVIDED?!?!"

They want to have their asshole cake and eat it too without anyone looking down on them for eating an entire cake made of assholes.

But if the rest of us have to deal with the practical consequences of your political ideology, then we have no obligation to shield you from the social consequences of your political ideology. So when your musical idol talks trash about your ideology, that's a social consequence that YOU signed up for willingly.
    Honestly I thought what he said was funny - he was making it quite light hearted and nobody had to hold up their hand and say I voted for Cruz!

Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Seriously... if you’re a trump fanatic and you wanna go to a concert where you’ll have your shitty worldview massaged, go see Three Doors Down.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Seriously... if youíre a trump fanatic and you wanna go to a concert where youíll have your shitty worldview massaged, go see Three Doors Down.
    Lol really? Iím shocked they are still around.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Lol really? I’m shocked they are still around.
    They're not just still around, they performed at Trump's inauguration.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trent's music has always had a focus on taking the piss out of people like Ted Cruz. Shit, do they think Head Like A Hole is just something to bang your head to? What a bunch of morons.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump, explaining the latest Cohen info: "I didn't do anything illegal." and "I didn't do anything wrong."

The former does not guarantee the latter. Engaging in massive personal business dealings with a hostile nation while running for president? Really fucking wrong.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Is this it? Is he finally going down?

Fuck, I hope so. I’m so very tired.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Is this it? Is he finally going down?

Fuck, I hope so. I’m so very tired.
    I dunno, but Alderman Ed Burke’s office was raided by the FBI this morning. Butcher paper covered the windows. Nobody knows what’s going on.

Burke (an attorney) represented Trump in his Cook County tax appeals cases at Trump Tower in Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ed...-hall-council/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alderma...ay-2018-11-29/
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 11-29-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    She made some famous tweet about buying your sons body cams and shit because there's a war on men. When I read it, I didn't even think twice. I laughed at the satire. I had never heard of her.

It was weeks before someone pointed out my mistake, and I became pretty depressed. It literally did not occur to me that such a ridiculous post could be anything but satire.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    I dunno, but Alderman Ed Burke’s office was raided by the FBI this morning. Butcher paper covered the windows. Nobody knows what’s going on.

Burke (an attorney) represented Trump in his Cook County tax appeals cases at Trump Tower in Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ed...-hall-council/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alderma...ay-2018-11-29/
    From a very uneducated position, to me this sounds more like a search for info relating to tax evasion allegations than anything else. But maybe they're also just looking to secure any and all financial information to help see where money went and when?

Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    I know this is pretty damn unrelated and I don't want to start a new thread about it, but maybe someone here can answer this question for me...

Can I just handcuff myself to a business' doors and rant like a fucking lunatic for six hours or so and not wind up in jail? I understand Twitter didn't want to press charges against whomever this person is, but isn't that disrupting the peace or something? Because sometimes I get bored, and I think Twitter sucks, and if I can get away with chaining myself to their building and blabbing like a lunatic all day, maybe I can turn this into a profit somewhere down the line.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Did...did those fans not listen to YEAR ZERO?! What did they think that whole thing was about??? Fuck i wish Capital G was on the set list!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Ah yes, the old "my head is empty so everything has to be meaningless" argument

rock fans break down roughly into two groups, people angry at those above and people angry at those below

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah yes, the old "my head is empty so everything has to be meaningless" argument
    Huh?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    LOL. The NIN sub is becoming such a joke. Butthurt everywhere. Got called a prick for saying I don't feel bad for people who support the guys taking kids away from their parents.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Did...did those fans not listen to YEAR ZERO?! What did they think that whole thing was about??? Fuck i wish Capital G was on the set list!
    And... I just did a quick google search for this video, but Trent has been saying on record for over ten years that if you're a Republican, Nine Inch Nails likely isn't for you. OVER ten years, at least. I just don't get it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Huh?
    sorry, that was a bit garbled and pretentious. Basically people who complain about politics in music ("stick to music", etc) act like it's a faux pas to inject a bit of meaning into things, instead of acknowledging the problem being their inability to deal with difference

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    sorry, that was a bit garbled and pretentious. Basically people who complain about politics in music ("stick to music", etc) act like it's a faux pas to inject a bit of meaning into things, instead of acknowledging the problem being their inability to deal with difference
    Ohhhhhhh, gotcha. That makes a lot more sense - and I agree. If you're the kind of person who thinks "stick to music" is a valid argument, then take your own advice and stick to bitching about things on the internet all night while actual fans go see concerts.

Also, major drift occurring here. Let's try to get back on track.

Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    How is Roger Stone getting away with claiming that he had no communication with Assange? He deleted the fucking post from Twitter shortly after he drunk-tweeted it, but he flat out said "we have an open back door communication with Wikileaks." He said this in between blathering some angry hateful shit, but it was there!

You can delete your tweets, but they don't disappear, you walking shitstain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone think Trent is going to respond back to Ted Cruz?

Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Anyone think Trent is going to respond back to Ted Cruz?
    I'd rather him mock Dana Rohrabacher on his way out when he plays here in California...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-30-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I really don't understand how stuff like this isn't considered obstruction of justice...

It's just so blatant and out in the open, it's unbelievable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And Eric Trump's tweets about George Conway....it's like, really??

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Wait, did Eric really call George Conway's calm, reasoned, and well-informed point of order "disrespectful to his wife"? And then people BUY this shit?

Oh my god. This country is so dumb. I can't even.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I can't help wondering what dinnertime at the Conway residence is like these days.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I really don't understand how stuff like this isn't considered obstruction of justice...

It's just so blatant and out in the open, it's unbelievable.
    It is considered obstruction of justice. It's not a secret that he's done it, news sites are reporting on it, legal experts are weighing in, there is no doubt that's exactly what this is. Similar situations are routinely prosecuted.

The only question that remains is whether or not he'll be prosecuted for it, impeached for it, or get away with it. I used to be more optimistic about criminals being punished, but since he won it's really starting to appear that the whole idea of the justice system being effective was just an illusion.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I can't help wondering what dinnertime at the Conway residence is like these days.
    LOTS of hate-fucking, I imagine.

Spoiler: I'm sorry I made you imagine that.