Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump vs Oprah 2020 would make for some awesome debates.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Trump vs Oprah 2020 would make for some awesome debates.
    I'm a cynical old thing who's seen pretty much everything and she managed to get me all riled up with her speech last night. She would tear him apart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I'm a cynical old thing who's seen pretty much everything and she managed to get me all riled up with her speech last night. She would tear him apart.
    let me know if these even closely reassemble what we now call a debate: https://www.speechanddebate.org/rules-forms-manuals/
    -Louie

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i think even Oprah even entertaining the thought of running president is a bad idea, trump pulled the cork on that bottle. no any inexperienced yahoo with name recognition thinks they can or should be president. who knew the writers strike wold lead to this. coming soon American idol president edition, text messaging charges my apply. which is basically what the presidential debates are now. we as a nation need to wake up. before its to late.
    -louie
    I really hope oprah decides not to run. Just because she made a speech last night doesnt mean she knows how to run a country. America needs to stop putting entertainers in position of power.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i think even Oprah even entertaining the thought of running president is a bad idea, trump pulled the cork on that bottle. no any inexperienced yahoo with name recognition thinks they can or should be president. who knew the writers strike wold lead to this. coming soon American idol president edition, text messaging charges my apply. which is basically what the presidential debates are now. we as a nation need to wake up. before its to late.
    -louie
    It won't take too much to make that a reality. And sadly, it seems more and more likely with each passing day.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I hope Oprah would run as I just hope she would do the one thing we need.... that is to embrace the concept of.... DELETION!!!!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    my predicton is Trump will tweet something negative about Oprah in the next 24hrs.
    _Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Did you not see that the one Roy Moore accuser had her house burnt down? Violent outbursts will be the least of the issues, I think.
    For context:
    Investigators in Etowah County do not think the fire “is in any way related to Roy Moore or the allegations made against him,” the sheriff’s office said.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    let me know if these even closely reassemble what we now call a debate: https://www.speechanddebate.org/rules-forms-manuals/
    -Louie
    Of course none of them do. That's because what is now called "debate" should be called "spectacle" instead.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying Oprah would make a good president. But if the American people want to have a former actor/businessperson/tv host as a President, then I believe she'd probably do better than the Orange Cheeto. I don't think she would engage world leaders on Twitter by calling them names and comparing dick sizes.

And unless proven otherwise, I think she is sane.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I really hope oprah decides not to run. Just because she made a speech last night doesnt mean she knows how to run a country. America needs to stop putting entertainers in position of power.
    I have mixed feelings on that. On one hand, I do tend to find myself believing that the only people I would truly feel comfortable with as leaders are those who have already had careers elsewhere in large government and are familiar first hand with how it works.

That said, Oprah is a pretty intelligent woman - a self made one, not someone who got rich from their daddy like the current president - which shows that she's got the knowledge, the determination, and the ability to accomplish things that she sets her mind to. But she get to where she is now literally on her own, which shows that she knows how to surround herself with people who can offer guidance in their areas of expertise in order to achieve her larger goals. She's a major philanthropist, which speaks to a positive "let's help people instead of telling them to fuck off" policy.

So, I have to say - I wouldn't say right here and now that I would vote for her. But I would absolutely give her my attention and hear her out if she decided to make a go at it. Especially if her opponent was Trump or Pence. Actually, in that case I probably would vote for her more or less regardless.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Oprah brought us dr. Phil. I say no to oprah for president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This human compost pile flat out doesn't know the words to the anthem.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And he got his ass booed out of the fucking building. Thank you ATL. Go Dawgs!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    They cancelled my kids school for this game. Trump’s America.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fucking Dumb Man. He calls himself genius yet I bet he doesn't even know simple mathematics.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    He didn't.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    He didn't.
    Yes I was rather mad that there was no booing inside the stadium. Apparently it was all outside. But this fun resistance display made an appearance.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    For context:

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Recently pardoned racist criminal Joe Arpaio has announced he will run for Senate in Arizona.

I’d laugh and say, “There’s no fucking way...” but Trump.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    don't worry... by the time we finally get around to impeaching this son of a bitch, the economy will be collapsing and we'll be on the brink of world war III, so at that point, I think even his ardent supporters will come to the realization that maybe this was a bad idea.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "A very stable genius" pretty much says it all. I can't take another year of this shit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    don't worry... by the time we finally get around to impeaching this son of a bitch, the economy will be collapsing and we'll be on the brink of world war III, so at that point, I think even his ardent supporters will come to the realization that maybe this was a bad idea.
    1) Trump won't be impeached
    2) His supporters are the ones who believe that the booming economy is magically the result of Trump; not the policies that Obama spent eight years working on. They'll be quick to join Trump's chorus of "THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF OBSTRUCTIONIST DEMOCRATS WHO WOULDN'T WORK WITH US TO MAGA".
    3) As much as I despise the guy, I don't see warning signs of an economic collapse. The market will eventually stop the run that it's on now and maybe dip a little to correct for doing a little too well, but leveling off isn't the same as collapsing.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    This human compost pile flat out doesn't know the words to the anthem.

Here you go!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I wonder who the first politician will be to use "hindsight is 20/20" as the basis for their run in 2020?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump administration will allow states to test Medicaid work requirements

The Washington Post on MSN.com · 4h

The new policy comes as 10 states are already lined up, waiting for federal permission to impose work requirements on able-bodied adults in the program.
    Well alrighty then.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Raise your hand if you or someone you know or are related to is from one of those uhh, 'shithole' countries Lord Shitbag mentioned today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Pretty bad. But I’m sure his base thinks this is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well we are about to embark on the Trump presidency for a second year, I guess we'll call it "Racism 2.0" Trump is a fucking asshole and if anything is a "shithole" I would say the Oval Office turned into a shithole January 20th 2017 at 12:01pm.