Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Because he PROMISED that fucking wall and even Tucker Carlson is saying that Trump voters are starting to dislike Trump because he hasn’t really given them things he promised them (a. Wall, b. overturn Roe hahaha, c. overturn ACA).

Here’s the thing that bugs me that NO mainstream media seems to be talking about regarding the wall:

American citizens own most of that property along the border.

Building a wall doesn’t just involve a lot of money and then people and a design team.

It involves EMINENT DOMAIN. It involves TAKING THAT LAND FROM AMERICAN CITIZENS and claiming it as U.S. Territory for the wall.

Here’s an article in a Texas newspaper about land seizures, there:

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06...s-border-wall/

Cuellar emphasized that the land seizures “could take years,” noting that scores of eminent domain lawsuits still are pending from the last time the federal government seized land a decade ago under the George W. Bush administration to build the first sections of border fencing in the Valley.

However, an investigation last year by ProPublica and The Texas Tribune found that the federal government invoked a little-known Great Depression-era law that allowed it to swiftly seize land to build the barrier and compensate landowners later. Dozens of landowners whose property was taken for the barrier still haven't received compensation as lawsuits over the fair value of the seized land linger in court.

The investigation also found that during the process the U.S. Department of Homeland Security cut unfair real estate deals, secretly waived legal safeguards for property owners and ultimately abused the government’s extraordinary power to take land from private citizens.

Most of the land the federal government seized back then ran along the Rio Grande. All told, the agency paid $18.2 million to accumulate a ribbon of land occupying almost half the length of the 120 miles of the Valley.

Darling, the McAllen mayor, said the federal government should be held to the same standard it holds cities and counties to when they use federal funds to buy land.

“Under federal law when we take property, we always have to pay relocation, damages for the remainder,” he said. “It’s really weird: When we use federal money, it can delay projects for about a year for environmental impact (studies) and the federal government says, ‘Oh, we don’t have to do that.”
    Last edited by allegro; 12-11-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    well, I guess that would be due probably to the fact that the Wall is such a pipe dream. The practical considerations of eminent domain might only be worth considering once this implausible fantasy starts to materialize as an actual real thing that might really happen.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That oval office press conference today was bananas! This was must see TV. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    That oval office press conference today was bananas! This was must see TV. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Lol crap I missed it!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Lol crap I missed it!!
    Oh this will be replayed many, many times. It was pretty incredible... with Schumer and Pelosi talking to him like parents informing a bratty child that he's not going to be getting that pony he wants

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Wow:
    "Judge orders Stormy Daniels to pay Trump $293K in legal fees"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Wow:
    "Judge orders Stormy Daniels to pay Trump $293K in legal fees"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11
    That's not a wow. That's not even news. That's standard legal practice after losing a lawsuit. *Yawn.*

So today's quote: "I would be proud to shut down the government". There is a bill with bipartisan support ready to pass, but Trump will veto it and shut down the government (four days before Christmas, no less) because of his motherfucking erection for the wall.

And in real news: the Satanic Keebler Elf did something useful and has decided to allow a vote on the First Step Act
    Last edited by theimage13; 12-11-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Oh this will be replayed many, many times. It was pretty incredible... with Schumer and Pelosi talking to him like parents informing a bratty child that he's not going to be getting that pony he wants
    I watched it, it's almost like he expected that they'd go along with what he was saying because he thought they couldn't handle being in front of the cameras or something. He started with bipartisan things, and then seemed to veer into trying to get them to go along with something that wasn't bipartisan, almost as if he thought he could pressure them into it making them face the press.

These are seasoned politicians...they're used to the press. So used to it, that I'd imagine they probably felt very little pressure in that situation.

Does he think that he's the only person who knows how to be in front of the press? I mean, he's the only one I can think of who handles it the way he does, which is to say extremely poorly......does he think he does well in front of the press? And does he think he can use the press to bully other leaders?

It almost looked like that's what he was trying to do at first. I had a lot less respect for politicians before Trump came into office, to be honest. If there's one thing that I've gained from this entire circus, it's a level of respect for politicians that I didn't have before.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I watched it, it's almost like he expected that they'd go along with what he was saying because he thought they couldn't handle being in front of the cameras or something. He started with bipartisan things, and then seemed to veer into trying to get them to go along with something that wasn't bipartisan, almost as if he thought he could pressure them into it making them face the press.
    fucking glorious too... Trump trying this shit and then saying “and now, the easiest thing, The Wall, eh Chuck?”

the smile on Schumer’s face... you can tell he’s thinking “oh god, January hurry up and get here already”

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Michael Cohen sentenced to 3 years in prison, to be served starting March.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Club Fed. Wonder which facility.

Watched a video of that press conference from yesterday.

I was impressed by Pelosi, good job! She really can run a meeting under such pressure, it's very impressive!

Schumer, refusing to look at the President and being just as combative as Trump, not good. Yeah, he did get Trump to admit to wanting to shut down the Government, that wasn’t a triumph. That's not negotiating. He shouldn't have screwed up Pelosi's ability to get Trump on board.

Pelosi had Trump from "Build a Wall" to "Okay, we'll build SOME walls in some places" and “consider the data” and “we took an oath” to the “will of the people,” (all of which Trump said “I agree”), and then Schumer got Trump to disregard all that to agree to admit that Trump wants to "SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT."

I was also impressed - God, it pains me to type this, LOL - by PENCE. Just calmly sitting there, listening, while Trump made immature jabs.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-12-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Pelosi did fine. Stood her ground and didn't lower herself. Chuck showed what a feckless nothing he has always been. body language terrible. that dumb smirk. wouldn't make eye contact. This is your golden opportunity to show was a great leader you are and truly stand up to this cretin. He barely did.

And why didn't either of them shove the "mexico will pay for it" shit right in his face?!? Instead Chuck brings it up later in a separate press conference no one will ever watch. Worst person. AOC primary'ing the fuck out of him in a few years would set my heart aflutter.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-12-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Michael Cohen sentenced to 3 years in prison, to be served starting March.
    "I'm not a drowning man!"
    "And I'm not a burning building!"
    "I'm a tumbler!"
    "Drowning cannot hurt a man!"
    "Fire cannot hurt a man! Not the government man!"

"All I want is to breathe."

And the heat goes on
    And the heat goes on
    And the heat goes on
    And the heat goes on

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tabl...ry?id=59779050

AMI has also admitted that a $150k payment to a Playboy model was specifically made - in concert with Trump - to cover a story about her 10-month affair with the candidate.

What I don't get is why anyone would ever admit to sleeping with him in the first place. Seems like a waste of $150,000.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Interesting opinion piece in the Washington Post about why Mueller could / should file an indictment, even if he 100% expects it to be denied by the AG. Long story short: it may be the safest way to ensure that his findings make their way to the public; preventing the AG from reading the report and burying it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.5d5eb2c814b1

In fact, that might be the only way to guarantee a report goes to Capitol Hill. There is no other requirement for the attorney general to provide Mueller’s final report to Congress — the regulations only require reports on requests that are denied. If Mueller does not recommend indicting the president and the attorney general agrees with that decision, there is no guaranteed mechanism for that information to become public.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Trump on the possibility of being impeached: “I think the people would revolt if that happened.”

Not me motherfucker! I’ll put on my fancy pants and do my happy dance. The majority of this country will celebrate.
    In that recent Time article he admits that he avoids negative reports of him. He actually really has no idea how much people hate him. Literally.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    In that recent Time article he admits that he avoids negative reports of him. He actually really has no idea how much people hate him. Literally.
    dont buy that for second. hes lying through his teeth. he watches CNN & MSNBC all day, not just Fox.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    lol

https://www.thestate.com/news/politi...112195367.html

"Yes, I'm supporting Donald Trump, but I'm doing so despite the fact that I think he's a terrible human being."

-New WH Chief of Staff John Mulvaney, 11/2/2016

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Best quote ever to make an entrance in the WH.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    https://www.thestate.com/news/politi...112195367.html

"Yes, I'm supporting Donald Trump, but I'm doing so despite the fact that I think he's a terrible human being."

-New WH Chief of Staff John Mulvaney, 11/2/2016
    the fuck...wow.

Republican drops recount request in Maine congressional race

Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap confirmed on Friday that the recount is over, and "for all practical purposes this election is concluded" with its cessation. He added that Poliquin has a right to appeal Judge Lance Walker's federal court decision, but "the District Court's ruling makes it legally clear that it is not unconstitutional to lose an election."
    I swear politicians take special classes on how to throw shade at each other.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Wow, for a moment there I assumed that this quote was just a snarky paraphrasing of some equivocating statement he'd made, but no, that's actually a direct quote, lol.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This was awesome:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Ha, video was posted above while I was trying to fix the link.

He's probably going to lose a year of his life being outraged by this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    This was awesome:

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I actually think Donald Trump was way more pissed off about the Weekend Update bit from Michael Che... it punched a "well, duh" hole right through his "Michael Cohen is the lawyer who knows the law so it's all on him" defense.... which is obviously weak and stupid as shit... but I think the joke of that segment spelled out the stupidity behind it so blatantly that even Trump "got it."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I actually think Donald Trump was way more pissed off about the Weekend Update bit from Michael Che... it punched a "well, duh" hole right through his "Michael Cohen is the lawyer who knows the law so it's all on him" defense.... which is obviously weak and stupid as shit... but I think the joke of that segment spelled out the stupidity behind it so blatantly that even Trump "got it."
    I love SNL taking the piss as much as the next guy, but as far as actual legal analysis goes, you just have to look back a couple pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Here’s the other thing: Mens rea. It’s a Latin legal term, means “guilty mind,” but in law it means criminal intent. A person not only has to be found guilty of a crime, but there also has to be mens rea.

And that is likely to be the same defense with DJT; his attorney suggested, on the audio tape, that they pay off Stormy Daniels via a NDA; DJT said let’s pay cash; Cohen said no can’t do that, need to finance it. So DJT was clearly working on the advice of counsel, and it’s obvious from the recording that their intent is to make her go away; the intent doesn’t appear to be deliberate campaign finance fraud; in fact, it seems like they are trying to AVOID any kind of fraud, but are doing a shitty job because Cohen is a shitty lawyer.

If you want precedent, you don’t have to look far. John Edwards wasn’t that long ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.6d10b3f52c43

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...edwards-077398

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Legality and real-world court conclusions aside, I still think it’s what freaked him out. We will see where this all leads (soon please fuck). But that weekend update really did knock that ball out of the park, and he knows it... so he slammed his fists on the table and cried about it