Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I don't see how this could gain anyone leverage though. I mean, one person sending mail bombs isn't representative of the entire party.

Also at least one return address was apparently Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Edit: they keep changing the news and I've only been watching it for like 20 minutes.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-24-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This sounds like the work of a lone nut who's bought into one too many of the conspiracy theories that Alex Jones has been peddling.

Looks like this has been enough to even make Trump say "Whoa, cut that out". It's incredible that it took this long to get to that point, but here we are.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    This sounds like the work of a lone nut who's bought into one too many of the conspiracy theories that Alex Jones has been peddling.

Looks like this has been enough to even make Trump say "Whoa, cut that out". It's incredible that it took this long to get to that point, but here we are.
    Yeah, I just saw Pence on tv and he looked PISSED.

What this is is fucking terrorism.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I've moved the mail bomb discussion here since this has more to do with the climate Trump and the GOP has fostered and not the midterm elections.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I like how it took the right no time at all to start spinning this as an elaborate false flag conspiracy. Amazing how nothing gets through to these delusional shitheads, and no matter what happens, they've always got a handy conspiracy theory ready to explain away all the real life consequences of their bullshit movement.

I swear, it's only a matter of time before these fucking idiots decide to retcon the olkahoma city bombing into another false flag hallucination.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I like how it took the right no time at all to start spinning this as an elaborate false flag conspiracy. Amazing how nothing gets through to these delusional shitheads, and no matter what happens, they've always got a handy conspiracy theory ready to explain away all the real life consequences of their bullshit movement.

I swear, it's only a matter of time before these fucking idiots decide to retcon the olkahoma city bombing into another false flag hallucination.
    Honestly with the way Trump's been praising the Saudi's, I've personally been waiting for his base to start doing the same thing for 9/11.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I didn't even think of this until Jon Favreau said this on Twitter just now - this was a coordinated assassination attempt of two former presidents, a former vice president, two former first ladies, and other former senior government and intelligence officials... and Donald Trump is blaming the media for all of this.

This is fucking crazy.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    This is fucking crazy.
    I've been saying this every day for the last 3 years now, and everyday it somehow manages to get worse!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Can’t he muster up just a tiny bit of self reflection? Mother fucker is just reckless without remorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Fair enough. Also however, what is known so far of the packages:

- Manila in color, identical components found inside.
    - Return address belonging to a prominent Democratic official.

Nobody is naming that person yet for obvious safety concerns, but seems like a set up.
    And this aspect should discredit the "it was a democrat!!!" conspiracy theory, but of course it won't...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the bomb thing is total intimidation and the fact that Trump won't directly address him alway makes pence do his diplomacy weak and #not my president
    -louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm sure it's just some nutjob, but it could still be a Democrat nutjob who somehow thinks he's going to "get Trump" by making it look like a Republican stunt. We all know people are stupid, and i think it's a telling point that not a single one of these devices actually went off even as a misfire. I really don't think it's anybody acting on orders from someone in power. Both parties are going to spin it regardless, so it probably won't matter what the actual motivations were.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I've seen some ATF and bomb experts saying that this is being seen as a not-uncommon "warning." They said that the FBI and the ATF are seeing these as genuine explosives with all the components of explosives, and that the timers were meant more to prevent them from blowing up during transport, and that the only reason they DIDN'T blow up is that they were handled by the ATF bomb squad. Nobody who received the packages opened the packages.

Trumpster Twitter is passing around memes saying that there is no postmark on the packages, which is true on a few of the packages, particularly the CNN package which WASN'T sent to CNN, it was sent to JOHN BRENNAN at CNN (he doesn't work for CNN, duh) and was hand-delivered, as was the package that was sent to George Soros. Also, the Trumpsters are claiming that CNN journalists like Acosta posting a photo of the bomb and envelope received shows that it wasn't really a bomb and hurts the investigation, except that the ATF provided CNN with the photo.

I keep pointing Trumpster morons on Twitter to this.

I'm with Kasich on this: This particular "nutjob" is likely somebody who is already unstable, pushed over the edge by propaganda and rhetoric. That would mean somebody who is already unstable listened to Trump's rhetoric and thought he/she was being a hero and supporting the American leader.

This could be more than one "nutjob." Bombs have fingerprints, signatures, handiwork, and often lots of DNA. The ATF and the USPS are looking into their database for information, as so expertly covered by Maddow last night. A few of these packages were hand-delivered, and it's likely that security cameras got footage, particularly at the Time Warner building and maybe even at the Soros residence, and if more than one were hand-delivered on the same day in locations where one person could not have possible done it, then we're talking more than one person.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    find it kind of funny now they say coming from Florida but Florida is misspelled, prove it's a trump supporter, I think so
    -louie

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Posted without comment.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    if more than one were hand-delivered on the same day in locations where one person could not have possible done it, then we're talking more than one person.
    yeah, maybe this is just me, but this was kind of a mind blowing realization for me yesterday. the idea that this could be the work of not just one wacko but several is pretty terrifying.

somehow i found if it easier to deal with the idea of one isolated nutjob, but when i think about the idea of some organized group of wackos, that's when i start to lose faith in humanity and get depressed as fuck.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    yeah, maybe this is just me, but this was kind of a mind blowing realization for me yesterday. the idea that this could be the work of not just one wacko but several is pretty terrifying.

somehow i found if it easier to deal with the idea of one isolated nutjob, but when i think about the idea of some organized group of wackos, that's when i start to lose faith in humanity and get depressed as fuck.
    I mean...if you've got billions of dollars, your own plane for quick travel, and access to all sorts of peoples' information (addresses, etc), it would be pretty easy to pull that off.

Now let's see...who do we know with a ton of money and SEVERAL personal planes...oh, I don't know....maybe...DONALD TRUMP?!

He's the bomber. Case closed.

I should start my own conspiracy theory blog and sell ads for it. Might be some good side money. I'd just have to make sure I only wrote about the most asinine shit that absolutely no one in their right mind - or even their wrong mind - would believe. And if they somehow did, it would have to be so innocent that taking action on it wouldn't actually affect anybody at all. Like how the Antarctic icebergs that are breaking apart and melting are actually sentient beings and that climate change is an agenda being pushed by them because they're male and female icebergs (and STRAIGHT ones, thank you very much) that are just afraid of losing their partners. I mean, what's a follower of that conspiracy going to do - take drastic measures to reduce climate change? Oh no. Stop. Please. The horror.

Holy shit, I can't believe I just wrote that. I really need to sleep more. What were we talking about again?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I mean...if you've got billions of dollars, your own plane for quick travel, and access to all sorts of peoples' information (addresses, etc), it would be pretty easy to pull that off.

Now let's see...who do we know with a ton of money and SEVERAL personal planes...oh, I don't know....maybe...DONALD TRUMP?!

He's the bomber. Case closed.
    Yeah, that's a pretty airtight theory actually. Think about it: his famously tiny hands would be perfect for carefully assembling the devices.

The iceberg theory checks out too, probably has something to do with weather weapons.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Someone is in custody in connection to the pipe bombs. Apparently there will be a press conference at 1:30 eastern

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    We have an arrest, and we also have the FBI covering up a "Trump Shrine" van with a blue tarp near where the suspect was arrested. Make your assumptions now.

https://splinternews.com/florida-man...tac-1830023393

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Why would they cover it? Do they cover other vehicles they confiscate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Oy. Stickers on the bottom of the back are different but the rest are eerily similar. Photograph taken in April according to the person sharing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Imagine when the orange shitbag and his crew saw these van pictures for the first time and thought ‘How the fuck do we spin THIS?’

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    from Huntington so take as you will but 50 white if it's a white male trump supporter, then instantly it's"mental issues" if skin tone darker thank a grocery sack(getting so that term non longer relevent, then it's terrorist! there coming their coming, storming our borders build a wall build a war. GOP. the party of fear and loathing no disrespect tp HST.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Imagine when the orange shitbag and his crew saw these van pictures for the first time and thought ‘How the fuck do we spin THIS?’
    Someone tweeted "Fox News: Soccer fan is bombing suspect."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The info is pretty much everywhere, now. Good, job, law enforcement, WOW!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-bombs-n924856

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/u...-arrested.html

Here is what is known about the suspect:

• A law enforcement official identified the suspect as Cesar Sayoc, Jr., 56, of Aventura, Fla, just north of Miami.

• Mr. Sayoc, a registered Republican, has a lengthy criminal history in Florida dating back to 1991 that includes felony theft, drug and fraud charges, as well as being accused of threatening to use a bomb, public records show.

• His criminal record from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement indicates that at the time of his last arrest in 2015, he was 5-foot-11 and 215 pounds. He has brown eyes, black hair and a scar on his left arm, the records said, and was born in New York. The records listed Mr. Sayoc’s occupation as “manager.”
    GIANT van photo: https://static01.nyt.com/images/2018...y=90&auto=webp
    Last edited by allegro; 10-26-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Can't tell if that's a sarcastic wow for the info being out before the scheduled press conference, or a genuine wow for getting a suspect in custody so quickly (and without killing them in the process).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Can't tell if that's a sarcastic wow for the info being out before the scheduled press conference, or a genuine wow for getting a suspect in custody so quickly (and without killing them in the process).
    The latter, good job law enforcement, wow. That's really fast, seriously. Good job. Like the Orange Jerk said in the press statement, and I agree, this seemed like a needle in a haystack, but they found this dude pretty quickly.

On the other hand, I guess "Dude with prior bomb arrests with van covered in Trump stickers who can't spell 'Florida' yet lives in Florida" probably narrows it down a lot, eh?

Holy shit, I can't believe I just wrote that. I really need to sleep more. What were we talking about again?
    The WEIRDEST image I saw in all of this was late-night, I was half-asleep but I SWEAR I saw a photo of one of the packages with a giant POSTAGE DUE stamp across it. edit: YES! IT WAS JOE BIDEN'S!!!

THIS ARTICLE says a LOT about the packages, including why so many didn't have a postmark.

Sent to a home: Five (George Soros, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Biden, Barack Obama)
    Sent to an office: Four (John Brennan at CNN, Robert De Niro, Maxine Waters, Maxine Waters)
    Not known where it was sent: One (Eric Holder which ended up at Wasserman Schultz's office)
    Delivered: Three (Soros, Brennan at CNN, De Niro)
    Intercepted at postal facility: Six (Waters, Waters, Biden, Biden, Clinton, Obama)
    Returned to sender: One (Holder at Wasserman Schultz office)

About the postage
    Six forever stamps was enough to get the De Niro package delivered, if it was delivered by the postal service. And it was enough to get a number of other packages to a sorting facility. But in the case of one of the Biden packages, it was not enough. There is a note attached to the Biden package with a 375 over a 300 and a 75 underneath. Those numbers are next to words that appear to say "postage due."

A forever stamp is worth 50 cents. A first class large envelope is $1 for the first ounce and 21 cents for each additional ounce. That means the forever stamps on each envelope are worth $3.00, perhaps the "300" on the Biden package note. The USPS online shipping calculator suggests the package weighed 7 oz, $3.75, if charged as a large envelope or package, or 13 oz, $3.52 if charged as a letter.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-26-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This was on at least SOME of the bombs ...

So narrowing the suspect down to Larry the Cable Guy fans and those naked chicks on the backs of VANS ...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think apologists and trying to be clever morons can officially stop claiming the left is as bad as the right