Page 43 of 79 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Is the private nukes argument one that has a standard refutation? As in, as per the constitution, should civilians be allowed to own nukes, if so then how do you justify such a risk, and if not then why are rapid fire weapons exempt from that logic

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The founders had guns that could dump a 20rd magazine about as fast as they could pull the trigger, was lethal at over 100 yards, and was more quiet than a modern suppressed rifle. So that’s bullshit. Jefferson even had Lewis & Clark carry them.

Anyway. Voting for SCOTUS would make it more likely to inject partisan influence. That’s why SCOTUS appointments aren’t already setup that way.
    Uhhh...but we DO vote for SCOTUS. Yes, the president makes the nomination, but he or she has to be confirmed by a vote. That's where my part comes in. Can't find someone that both sides of the aisle are comfortable with? Then they don't belong on the highest court in the country.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I completely misread your post. The rules around what’s needed for confirmation and around blocking the confirmation have changed over time. I believe Congress controls that. So there is no Constitutional dilemma about what the founders wanted.

With your exact proposal of requiring equal numbers from “both sides”... I see lots of issues. What about other parties and independents? What about when one of the major parties doesn’t have 25? What happens when one party is much more willing to shut down all confirmations when an opposing party is doing the appointments?

Lots of those are solved by the basic idea of majority-based voting, which is why we’ve built most voting in this country around that. I also guarantee you wouldn’t have proposed this during Obama. And especially not during the period of time that the Repubs were completely blocking his appointments. Study history and build your systems that are at least compatible with the last decade or two, as a start. Support the majority and the minority. Put in safety valves. Anticipate all forms of abuse. Recognize that “abuse” is highly subjective in many scenarios when it’s done by groups of people in agreement.
    Guarantee all you want. Since long before Obama was ever even in office, my fantasy notion of politics in general was that there was no such thing as parties, and that everyone ran in one big pool and people voted on - gasp - the things the politicians actually achieved in lower offices or promised in campaigns; not a single letter in parenthesis next to their name. I know we could never handle something as time-consuming as researching candidates instead of forming a stubborn allegience and blindly sticking to it though, so I know it'll never happen.

And as for "what if there's never enough people on either side to confirm the justice"? Eh, just write the rules so that no matter how few people from a party are elected, half of that number has to confirm the appointment. Otherwise, it just feels unbalanced to me.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think it's the subtle crap this admin gets away with like sarah's tweet , an attack on the press is an a attack on the press is an attack on America! WTF?!? or china has stopped taking our recycling? or trump meeting with NATO then going directly to meet with Putin? I think we have trump fatigue, which is very scary most they no longer even try and their their corruption.i feel bad for everyone who doesn't have a voice or a ton of money, you seam to be the only ones who matter if you can't donate a lot of money to some politician the tough and take it. i think it may be time for a revolution i guess to to go back to listen to ragea against the machine on repeat
    -Louie

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Retweeted this earlier. Is everyone near the Orange Overlord complicit, then? For fuck’s sake.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    The founders had guns that could dump a 20rd magazine about as fast as they could pull the trigger, was lethal at over 100 yards, and was more quiet than a modern suppressed rifle. So that’s bullshit. Jefferson even had Lewis & Clark carry them.
    Why are we talking about loudness? Also, how portable was this 20 round-capable gun? Could it fit in your waistband?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The stuff happening to kids of immigrants to the US is just evil. Surely Trump has to be compelled to rescind that zero tolerance policy soon
    https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06...r-court-alone/

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is one of those things that I hope to God is an attempt at trolling Democrats because I have a hard time believing that anyone would be stupid enough to use an acronym like that.

The ideas are also terrible, but i'm really stuck on the abject stupidity of the name as well.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    You've got to be shitting me. This can't be real.
    He's had a bill drawn up to bolster his own power and is really, seriously calling it FART? Seriously?

Can someone please explain...wtf?

This is like something a five year old would do.

Edit: from article. This at least makes more sense.-"Some have even suggested that a White House staffer was in on the joke while naming the draft bill, or even that it was a deliberate act of subversion. "

Last edited by elevenism; 07-02-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    he's doing anything he can to try and get his base out for midterm if immigration something he feels will get his base out remember he started his presidential campaign with, the tariffs our hurting the market, with Brexit and how he acted @ the G7 what if Europe and our allies decide the us trading policies our to inconsistent and move to other places for their goods many friendly nations have started this under the banner of trading diversification countries are now turning to new Zealand, china, Mexico and yes Russia funny how he is meeting with NATO the directly going to see Vlad, collude much? even scarier is the outside chance of pullbacks from other nations and them decide to trade in another currency than the US dollar which would conclude the chapter of make America great again. maybe people will learn but I also said this after "W" and two years later the US elects another idiot, but at least "W" surrounded himself with competent people and listened to them even if it was Cheney
    -Louie

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    FART? Seriously....

I feel dumber reading about this shit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Trump denies request to lower flag to half-staff in memory of the five murdered journalists

When he finally dies, I'm buying a taller flagpole and running it all the way up. Fuck this sociopath.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Trump denies request to lower flag to half-staff in memory of the five murdered journalists

When he finally dies, I'm buying a taller flagpole and running it all the way up. Fuck this sociopath.
    Update: someone managed to smack some sense into him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.5e8822add237

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...i just don't know what to say anymore

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    for anyone thinking Trump is the most ridiculous thing going on in the world today, Somalia says "here, hold my beer."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...1?guccounter=1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For a minute I was proud of Walmart for pissing off Trump supporters, and then they caved in.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/us/wa...rnd/index.html

I would have actually considered getting an Impeach 45 shirt if they didn't cave in. I mean, there are some very valid reasons to impeach this bastard. From the top of my head:

1. Firing the person investigating him for obstruction of justice.
    2. Holding children for ransom to pay for his wall (remember when holding children hostage was considered a bad thing?).
    3. Using campaign money to cover up an affair he had (don't forget that there was a Democrat who did pretty much the same thing, and had his political career killed over it).
    4. Did he ever release his tax returns? If so, then you can scratch this one off.
    5. Downplaying the prominence of Neo-Nazis at the Unite The Right rally (the "very fine people" comment).
    6. Mueller investigation has resulted in several indictments, five guilty pleas, and one prison sentence (which apparently means nothing to Trump supporters who deny the Russia thing).
    7. His response to Hurricane Maria.
    8. Repeatedly almost getting us into nuclear wars with his tweets.
    9. His tweets in general.
    10. The travel ban.

Special mentions go to his sexual misconduct allegations and his constant attempts to undermine the free press. Sure, he insists the allegations are complete lies, even though he was sued for sexual harassment about two decades before his campaign AND bragged about being able to get away with it, but despite other people (including politicians) with allegations losing their careers, Trump is still getting away with it. Also, the way he calls negative stories about him "fake" indicates that he simply does not like people saying mean things about him, even when most of them are true. Additional special mentions go to him alienating our allies and praising dictators for their "leadership" style. If any Democrat were to do at least one of those things (especially one of the top three) the GOP would be screaming for impeachment. But yet, the GOP is too spineless to stand up to Trump.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    For a minute I was proud of Walmart for pissing off Trump supporters, and then they caved in.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/us/wa...rnd/index.html
    From the article:
    "Walmart has stopped selling T-shirts and baby onesies that say "Impeach 45" after the clothes sparked an outcry from supporters of President Trump."

As they were probably drinking from their mugs that proclaim "LIBERAL TEARS" as the contents. Their hypocrisy is astounding but thankfully (for hilarity's sake) the vast majority of those mouth-breathers are far too stupid to understand what hypocrisy is and how their entire lives are defined by it.

I would have actually considered getting an Impeach 45 shirt if they didn't cave in. I mean, there are some very valid reasons to impeach this bastard. From the top of my head:

2. Holding children for ransom to pay for his wall (remember when holding children hostage was considered a bad thing?).
    3. Using campaign money to cover up an affair he had (don't forget that there was a Democrat who did pretty much the same thing, and had his political career killed over it).
    4. Did he ever release his tax returns? If so, then you can scratch this one off.
    5. Downplaying the prominence of Neo-Nazis at the Unite The Right rally (the "very fine people" comment).
    6. Mueller investigation has resulted in several indictments, five guilty pleas, and one prison sentence (which apparently means nothing to Trump supporters who deny the Russia thing).
    10. The travel ban.
    Special mentions go to his sexual misconduct allegations and his constant attempts to undermine the free press. Sure, he insists the allegations are complete lies, even though he was sued for sexual harassment about two decades before his campaign AND bragged about being able to get away with it, but despite other people (including politicians) with allegations losing their careers, Trump is still getting away with it. Also, the way he calls negative stories about him "fake" indicates that he simply does not like people saying mean things about him, even when most of them are true. Additional special mentions go to him alienating our allies and praising dictators for their "leadership" style. If any Democrat were to do at least one of those things (especially one of the top three) the GOP would be screaming for impeachment. But yet, the GOP is too spineless to stand up to Trump.
    The problem, though, is that of most of those wouldn't be considered "high crimes and misdemeanors" and for the others that potentially could be, it'd be a tough sell (especially since W got away with many of the same things). As much as I dislike Trump and would love to see him and his insufferable family go down in flames, being a clueless, lying asshole isn't illegal (at least while not under oath). And since his base is made up of certifiable idiots who will follow him to the ends of the Earth no matter what he says or does and the House and Senate are controlled by the Republicans, it doesn't matter. Remember that Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for being a philanderer, he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Regarding the tax returns: that's not a law. In fact, it's completely illegal to release someone's tax returns without their authorization. They're private documents. It's just a precedent done by most presidents since the 70s as a show of good faith to prove they're not bought by any corporations or foreign entities...or that they're not lying about their "fortunes."
    Last edited by klyrish; 07-10-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ...there are some very valid reasons to impeach this bastard. From the top of my head:

10. The travel ban.

Additional valid reasons:

11. Defending Putin even after our intelligence had confirmed that Russia was interfering.
    12. His tax fraud allegations.
    13. Interfering with the FBI investigation into the Kavanaugh allegations.

This list will continue to expand until he's either removed or voted out of office.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Additional valid reasons:

11. Defending Putin even after our intelligence had confirmed that Russia was interfering.
    12. His tax fraud allegations.
    13. Interfering with the FBI investigation into the Kavanaugh allegations.

This list will continue to expand until he's either removed or voted out of office.
    A LOT of those are not valid reasons to impeach. They're valid reasons to loathe him, hate him with every fiber of your being, and vote for literally anyone who runs against him (unless they somehow manage to bring Hitler back from the dead, but seeing as he wasn't born in America, he couldn't run anyway). But very few of those are actually grounds for impeachment. And this is part of the problem...too many people just yelling "impeach him" over unimpeachable things, and no one stepping up to actually offer a coherent and competitive counter campaign that will result in a Dem taking the White House in 2020.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    last I checked, Walmart was still selling a different Impeach Trump shirt, they just pulled the one that the Trump cult snowflakes were crying about.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    last I checked, Walmart was still selling a different Impeach Trump shirt, they just pulled the one that the Trump cult snowflakes were crying about.
    Calling Trumpers snowflakes never gets old, because it's never not true.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    he's a liar fraud racist and pretty much the antithesis of everything America stands for i hope we can learn from this but i said the same thing after "W" and 9 years later here we are the fear the right is able to propagate on the public never ceases to amaze me. no one ever screams there coming to take your health care. or damn look how much immigrants have added to our quality of life. as i get older the more distaste i have for fear based concepts like war, religion.
    -louie

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Scott Pruitt has offically resigned.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    everything is finally catching up and getting worse Cohen docs of what is privileged ruling tomorrow which is more than 2 million as well as shredded docs that were put back together i really hope this is the beginning of the end for this shit head
    -louie

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Re: the Wal Mart thing-
    I've seen so much bizarre, off color shit for sale at Wal-Mart, including a couple of kind of protest oriented shirts in store around here.
    I've always kind of gotten the impression that they REALLY just don't give a fuck.
    They buy this shit from Chinese sweatshops, they sell it for a tidy profit.

Republicans who think that fucking Wal-Mart gives a shit about them or anyone for that matter are deluding themselves.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I know we're not in the best of places right now, but i do fucking love London when we do stuff like this

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ge-of-uk-visit

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I know we're not in the best of places right now, but i do fucking love London when we do stuff like this

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ge-of-uk-visit
    I'm so glad that fuckwaffle is coming two days after I leave. I'm looking forward to being able to get around without everything being closed off due to secret service and/or protesters.