Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.06.30 - Prague, Czech Republic @ Aerodrome Festival

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2018.06.30 - Prague, Czech Republic @ Aerodrome Festival

Make plans here.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    one day tickets available, NIN plays 30.6.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm going. If you want to meet, hit me up. If you're in Prague and you're into music maybe we can grab some beers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tix in the pocket :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if there will be shuttle buses back to Prague after the show?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scardwel View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be shuttle buses back to Prague after the show?
    Sorry to disappoint you, but this festival isn't set anywhere near Prague (60 km apart); it'd take roughly an hour to get there, so I sincerely doubt there'll be any shuttle buses provided. UPDATE: Finally, there is more information in English on the festival's website that also speaks of a "shuttle party train" https://aerodrome.cz/en/transport/ Still rather suboptimal though imo.
    Last edited by SarazenvonWolfenstein; 02-10-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarazenvonWolfenstein View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but this festival isn't set anywhere near Prague (60 km apart); it'd take roughly an hour to get there, so I sincerely doubt there'll be any shuttle buses provided. UPDATE: Finally, there is more information in English on the festival's website that also speaks of a "shuttle party train" https://aerodrome.cz/en/transport/ Still rather suboptimal though imo.
    Are you Prague local? Do you know of a better way to get to the festival? I'm going - I'm from the US.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bornhaunted View Post
    Are you Prague local? Do you know of a better way to get to the festival? I'm going - I'm from the US.
    No, I'm not a local, but I know CZ from frequent visits. Btw, they updated the festival website (I posted the link above) with all kinds of info regarding transport; the bus schedule can be found at at http://netbus.cz/aerodrome/. Getting there from Prague should be manageable: Either by cheap public transport (+free shuttle bus, my guess is it would take about 2,5 hours to get to the festival grounds) or by using the direct bus line (its starting point is not exactly centrally located, though). As far as the return trip goes, it seems there are only two buses leaving in the middle of the night, at 1.30 and 3 am, which you also have to book in advance, ugh. I've never been to this festival and therefore unfortunately can't tell how this shuttle service is going to work out. I guess the easiest solution would be to rent a car to get back and forth (which is not an option for me since I don't have a damn driver's licence). Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarazenvonWolfenstein View Post
    No, I'm not a local, but I know CZ from frequent visits. Btw, they updated the festival website (I posted the link above) with all kinds of info regarding transport; the bus schedule can be found at at http://netbus.cz/aerodrome/. Getting there from Prague should be manageable: Either by cheap public transport (+free shuttle bus, my guess is it would take about 2,5 hours to get to the festival grounds) or by using the direct bus line (its starting point is not exactly centrally located, though). As far as the return trip goes, it seems there are only two buses leaving in the middle of the night, at 1.30 and 3 am, which you also have to book in advance, ugh. I've never been to this festival and therefore unfortunately can't tell how this shuttle service is going to work out. I guess the easiest solution would be to rent a car to get back and forth (which is not an option for me since I don't have a damn driver's licence). Good luck.
    Yes, the direct line is what I was hoping to use, but when you say it's not centrally located - where is it located? I thought it was located at a train station - something about Metro Line B?

Also, is finding a cab to the festival a reasonable concept?
    Last edited by bornhaunted; 03-29-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    unless you find a place to stay overnight near the actual fest location, this thing sounds like a complete nightmare to get in and out of unless you have your own transportation. That bus sounds like a disaster waiting to happen for any non Czech people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided to skip this one after some deliberation. I’m too old to do camping now having done it at festivals for 25 years with both good and bad experiences and this gig is a logistical nightmare to get to and from. Too much hassle for a 75 minute NIN set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After reading about the venue in Berlin, I decided to go to Prague. And I seriously consider that I'm gonna have trouble getting back to the city after the show is over, but hey nin live is a thing worth sacrificing for.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    NIN will play from 9:30 to 10:50 pm

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    shit, you guys realize limp bizkit is playing saturday too?

i would totally go to this, no joke

edit: wtf nin playing BEFORE lb with no overlap??

TRENT how do u feel about this?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    shit, you guys realize limp bizkit is playing saturday too?

i would totally go to this, no joke

edit: wtf nin playing BEFORE lb with no overlap??

TRENT how do u feel about this?
    Oh fuck that shit. I hope Trent and the boys kick the shit out of Fat Freddy Durst and make him lose a lot of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tempted to go to this last minute. Normally wouldn’t do a festival but am already in Prague for a short break before heading to the Berlin show.

Thinking of getting a taxi there and back. Anyone already at the festival or have any more info that should make me hesitate? Public transport does indeed sound like a hassle so hoping a taxi will be a good option worth the expense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey there, you have the opportunity and it’s NIN, so GO! I hate festivals as well, but it’s too close to my home to miss it. You can still book a free bus to get there from Prague on their website -which I’ve done already- but getting back, a cab is the only option since that damn shuttle is already booked out; it should cost about fifty Euro and I’m in for sharing. Like-minded lurkers, feel free to send me a pm to coordinate this! (@bornhaunted, sorry for the late reply and in case you haven’t found out yet, yes, it’s the yellow line B to Nove Butovice!) I hope to see some of you tomorrow! Update: There' s Uber in Cz and it costs only about 30 Euro from the festival into Prague city centre instead 60 with a cab!
    Last edited by SarazenvonWolfenstein; 06-30-2018 at 11:38 AM.