Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Death Stranding

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I clocked 21 hours and am on route to Mountain Knot City. I salute your game completion sir. I got a ways to go.
    To be fair, I DID spend a ridiculous amount of time doing things the slow way before I got access to more vehicles and other modes of transportation. When you sidestep all that, the game gets considerably shorter. It’s also how I always played Metal Gear though - Go through once and just get the experience down, allowing for mistakes and whatnot, then again with a fine-toothed comb.

It sounds like you can still do 99% of all the things in the post-game, though. I just like clean slates, heh. Plus, reading all the emails and interviews in real time as I find them has filled in a lot of blanks story-wise, better than I think they would if I just sat down and read them all after the story was over.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The last time I played a Kojima game was Metal Gear Solid on PS1 and I remember I was so awfully bad at the stealth aspect that I had to have a friend beat it with me. Nor do I remember much about the story. I can tell you that knowing what I was getting into when I started playing this game, I am REALLY liking it. The story is engrossing, the graphics are incredible, and the music is great. So far, I have only logged 3 hours but in the first three hours, I was not bored at all and constantly wanted to see what happened next. I didn't mind the length of the cinematics and welcome them because I know how important they are to the story. I can't understand how people popped this game in and were bored within the first 1-3 hours. They must have been expecting a straight on action game. And, I am not some Kojima fanboy so this is not a biased review.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Almost 300 hours into my second playthrough. Still loving this game as much as I did after the first time through it. Itís just so cathartic.

Also, Mondoís dropping the gameís score on vinyl this Wednesday, and announced that a separate soundtrack release with licensed songs from the game will be out later this year. Hell yeah! And as a side note, I think Low Roar is doing a couple vinyl reissues/anniversary editions soon, too...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/mus...stranding-3xlp

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on that!

I haven't touched this game in nearly two months. I still wanna beat it.