Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Death Stranding

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I clocked 21 hours and am on route to Mountain Knot City. I salute your game completion sir. I got a ways to go.
    To be fair, I DID spend a ridiculous amount of time doing things the slow way before I got access to more vehicles and other modes of transportation. When you sidestep all that, the game gets considerably shorter. It’s also how I always played Metal Gear though - Go through once and just get the experience down, allowing for mistakes and whatnot, then again with a fine-toothed comb.

It sounds like you can still do 99% of all the things in the post-game, though. I just like clean slates, heh. Plus, reading all the emails and interviews in real time as I find them has filled in a lot of blanks story-wise, better than I think they would if I just sat down and read them all after the story was over.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The last time I played a Kojima game was Metal Gear Solid on PS1 and I remember I was so awfully bad at the stealth aspect that I had to have a friend beat it with me. Nor do I remember much about the story. I can tell you that knowing what I was getting into when I started playing this game, I am REALLY liking it. The story is engrossing, the graphics are incredible, and the music is great. So far, I have only logged 3 hours but in the first three hours, I was not bored at all and constantly wanted to see what happened next. I didn't mind the length of the cinematics and welcome them because I know how important they are to the story. I can't understand how people popped this game in and were bored within the first 1-3 hours. They must have been expecting a straight on action game. And, I am not some Kojima fanboy so this is not a biased review.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Almost 300 hours into my second playthrough. Still loving this game as much as I did after the first time through it. It’s just so cathartic.

Also, Mondo’s dropping the game’s score on vinyl this Wednesday, and announced that a separate soundtrack release with licensed songs from the game will be out later this year. Hell yeah! And as a side note, I think Low Roar is doing a couple vinyl reissues/anniversary editions soon, too...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/mus...stranding-3xlp

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on that!

I haven't touched this game in nearly two months. I still wanna beat it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've never played a Kojima game before, but I really like this one so far. It's pretty addicting and everything is strange enough to be fascinating.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I need to finish the game, it's in my usual limbo where it sits for months. I haven't touched it since the start of January. I honestly stopped playing due to focus, time and the fact I'm in the mountain region and I hate traversing the area. I need to just finish the game already.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I played more today. Faced Clifford Unger for a second time in the WWII setting and beat the 7th Episode. Minus 8 and 9, most of the remaining episodes are 1 mission long. Shouldn't take me long to beat the game now.

Unfortunately I doubt I will get the platinum as I will not soak hundreds of hours into doing every standard order and hitting 5 stars with every facility.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I played more today. Faced Clifford Unger for a second time in the WWII setting and beat the 7th Episode. Minus 8 and 9, most of the remaining episodes are 1 mission long. Shouldn't take me long to beat the game now.

Unfortunately I doubt I will get the platinum as I will not soak hundreds of hours into doing every standard order and hitting 5 stars with every facility.
    The five stars isn't that bad at all. Especially if you enjoy the core gameplay. Completing the highway system and building a zipline network are very satisfying and make the five star part pretty simple

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Why does the mountain region of this game have to be multi chapters long? I fucking hate traversing this area. It's such a pain. It's tedious as fuck and why I took a break. Just one more episode to go until I'm free of the area.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Why does the mountain region of this game have to be multi chapters long? I fucking hate traversing this area. It's such a pain. It's tedious as fuck and why I took a break. Just one more episode to go until I'm free of the area.
    Haha! I literally thought the same thing when I was in the mountain area. In fact, I think that's where I died the most. Not because of BTs, but because I kept taking these HUGE falls. Oddly enough, after I was done and out snowy mountain region, I actually really missed it. Funny how it'll do that to you. I assume by now you are out of there and maybe have even completed the game?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Haha! I literally thought the same thing when I was in the mountain area. In fact, I think that's where I died the most. Not because of BTs, but because I kept taking these HUGE falls. Oddly enough, after I was done and out snowy mountain region, I actually really missed it. Funny how it'll do that to you. I assume by now you are out of there and maybe have even completed the game?
    No I put it on the backburner to finish a few games I needed to and of course Nioh 2 came out and Final Fantasy VII is out next month. Ugh.

I still want to finish and I will but I doubt I’ll share your affinity for this area of traversal after I finish it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    No I put it on the backburner to finish a few games I needed to and of course Nioh 2 came out and Final Fantasy VII is out next month. Ugh.

I still want to finish and I will but I doubt I’ll share your affinity for this area of traversal after I finish it.
    I definitely recommend you finish it. I got extremely misty eyed at the end, in a good way. One of the rare times a game has ever done that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    PS4 photo mode expected to be ready by the end of the month, via Kojima’s twitter. Hell yeah! I’m looking forward to devoting hours and hours of time to trying to photograph every single thing.

Just finished my second play-through last night. Going through a second time and doing pretty much everything I skipped on the first time through was super worth it. Things were much clearer, and I didn’t even realize the first time I finished it that there were additional standard missions post-game that give you a few more interviews and journal entries with some extra info, so I’m gonna try to use quarantine time to get all that stuff and get that platinum trophy out of the way.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-25-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    PS4 photo mode expected to be ready by the end of the month, via Kojima’s twitter. Hell yeah! I’m looking forward to devoting house and hours of time to trying to photograph every single thing.

Just finished my second play-through last night. Going through a second time and doing pretty much everything I skipped on the first time through was super worth it. Things were much clearer, and I didn’t even realize the first time I finished it that there were additional standard missions post-game that give you a few more interviews and journal entries with some extra info, so I’m gonna try to use quarantine time to get all that stuff and get that platinum trophy out of the way.
    I thought photo mode was already active? Are you talking about just taking screen shots like this?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I thought photo mode was already active? Are you talking about just taking screen shots like this?

Lord no. Legitimate photo mode, not the slow-as-molasses PS4 capture mode. There’s a little footage in the trailer below. (Trailer is for PC version, but Kojima just announced PS4 photo mode yesterday.)

The timing sucks too, because I’d just gotten done sorting through all the captures I had for ones I liked, heh. Now I can put most of them to shame. Very excited to see what people come up with with this.

Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-25-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I’m really, really loving photo mode so far.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The Collector's Edition of this is 50% off on Best Buy's website.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I’m really, really loving photo mode so far.

Is this update for everyone or only on PC now

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Is this update for everyone or only on PC now

Launched on PS4 just the other day! Which is kind of surprising, if anything I was expecting it to launch alongside or after the PC release, rather than nearly three months before.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Launched on PS4 just the other day! Which is kind of surprising, if anything I was expecting it to launch alongside or after the PC release, rather than nearly three months before.
    So do I just have to update and install the update?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So do I just have to update and install the update?
    Yup! Then unfortunately I think there aren’t many ways to share them to Facebook or any other places PS4 sharing doesn’t support, but I’m just saving captures on a USB and uploading them to my PC.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    In case anyone wants to buy the soundtrack on vinyl:

https://mondoshop.com/collections/vi...ideo-game-3xlp

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    In case anyone wants to buy the soundtrack on vinyl:
    Man, I’m glad I ordered the black pressing when I did - went quick!

Also, one of my photo mode posters got included in this article someone threw together, so that feels kinda cool! The very last one. https://twinfinite.net/2020/04/death...-movie-poster/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Man, I’m glad I ordered the black pressing when I did - went quick!

Also, one of my photo mode posters got included in this article someone threw together, so that feels kinda cool! The very last one. https://twinfinite.net/2020/04/death...-movie-poster/

I was wondering this the other night- I ordered the splatter, why is the black in such high demand and already sold out? What made you pick black instead of splatter?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Death Stranding

Finally got around to trying photo mode. Much more simple to use than I thought it would be. How are you all saving them to your computer/phone? I have to tweet them and then save them from my tweet but I think it effects the quality. They’re kinda blurry. I like these two that I took today but need to work I’m getting the quality better.

Edit: I guess I just saved them too quickly. These are better quality.

Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 04-11-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Finally got around to trying photo mode. Much more simple to use than I thought it would be. How are you all saving them to your computer/phone? I have to tweet them and then save them from my tweet but I think it effects the quality. They’re kinda blurry. I like these two that I took today but need to work I’m getting the quality better.

Edit: I guess I just saved them too quickly. These are better quality.
    It's so simple but gives you so many options. I'm really hoping they add a few more things over time, though. Maybe like alternative text to use or something? We'll see. They're clearly not done with developing this game yet, whether it's little updates or anything special they have yet to announce.

As far as saving them, I'm just doing it with a USB drive to my PS4, then bringing them to my computer. Working pretty well so far! I'm really missing this game while I'm playing FF7 Remake, hah. I keep tapping the R1 button to scan the map and thinking "Man, I wish they'd release a photo mode for this too."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ok, just took the plunge and ordered it (only $35 on Amazon) I have a big backlog as I just got the PS4 last week but with the summer coming up, I'll have plenty of extra time on my hands.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Ok, just took the plunge and ordered it (only $35 on Amazon) I have a big backlog as I just got the PS4 last week but with the summer coming up, I'll have plenty of extra time on my hands.
    Don’t go into it expecting action automatically. It takes time to build the world and the story. I hope you love it as much as I did!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Don’t go into it expecting action automatically. It takes time to build the world and the story. I hope you love it as much as I did!

thanks! I'm looking forward to it, something different. I have my action fix lined up for me, the Tomb Raider Games, Uncharted games etc. I think it'll be a good game to play in the summer when I just want a break from everything.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    thanks! I'm looking forward to it, something different. I have my action fix lined up for me, the Tomb Raider Games, Uncharted games etc. I think it'll be a good game to play in the summer when I just want a break from everything.
    Did you see they gave the first three uncharted games away for free?