Thread: How to Make Music with Your Computer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Does anyone know where to get good drum samples? I'm not finding anything inspirational really in the default Logic drum packs.

Thanks in advance
    That really depends... are you looking for free samples? What kind of music are you trying to make? Are you looking to buy some packs, and if so, what's your budget?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That really depends... are you looking for free samples? What kind of music are you trying to make? Are you looking to buy some packs, and if so, what's your budget?
    Thanks, I'm looking for free samples. I used to get the ones that came in the CDs from Computer Music Magazine. They were much higher quality than ones I usually find for free online. I'm broke now though.

The music I make is mostly rnb and hip hop based. I make some UK style breakbeat sometime for fun.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Thanks, I'm looking for free samples. I used to get the ones that came in the CDs from Computer Music Magazine. They were much higher quality than ones I usually find for free online. I'm broke now though.

The music I make is mostly rnb and hip hop based. I make some UK style breakbeat sometime for fun.
    I highly recommend looking at some of the free sample banks from Goldbaby. They don't match up to the packs they sell, but they're all quality, and their banks they charge for are reasonable priced. Also, for hip hop kick drums (or kicks in general) I think everyone should check out the Punchbox from D16 software. It's not free, but you'll get so much mileage out of it, and craft your own kick banks, and you can use the free demo to create a ton of custom samples (with an easy-export button)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I highly recommend looking at some of the free sample banks from Goldbaby. They don't match up to the packs they sell, but they're all quality, and their banks they charge for are reasonable priced. Also, for hip hop kick drums (or kicks in general) I think everyone should check out the Punchbox from D16 software. It's not free, but you'll get so much mileage out of it, and craft your own kick banks, and you can use the free demo to create a ton of custom samples (with an easy-export button)
    Yeah, Goldbaby are cool as hell. They have free samples in rx2 as well; I love this format.

Thanks for letting us know about Punchbox, it seems intriguing! I'll consider buying it. Sonic Academy Kick 2 is great as well.