Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: How to Make Music with Your Computer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My old M-Audio interface seems to be on its last leg, so I'm thinking that it is time to upgrade!
    Looking at the recent Steinberg UR-RT2/UR-RT4. It’s a little above the price range I was hoping for, but those Neve transformers are appealing..
    Anyone have experience with this interface, or have any recommendations for others?

https://www.steinberg.net/en/product...es/ur_rt4.html

EDIT: Also considering the Focusrite Scarlett 4i4, Roland Rubix44 or PreSonus 68
    Last edited by Soma; 05-25-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    @Soma , my wife's got a Rubix44 and it was a solid choice.

Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Free new extreme verb/delay plugin from Valhalla. Couldn't be easier to download and install.

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/reverb/...LqUzIfUlv-Em50

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I ended up ordering the Rubix44, and so far I am really enjoying it! The built-in compressors + limiters are a nice feature, very handy for preventing clipping in otherwise good takes.
    Now I'm developing gear acquisition syndrome for microphones. Recently ordered a MXL 770 condenser and a Sennheiser e602-II bass drum mic, finally getting some decent drum sounds. Now I'm playing around with where to put my old Shure 516eq on the snare.
    Eventually I'll probably pick up another condenser or a SM57 to utilize the Channel 4 input, but this current set-up seems to be a good start. Looking forward to breaking my dependency on programmed drums!