Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    So the big 2019 of new releases so far consists of a Miley Cyrus T shirt and a Woodstock T shirt that looks like a bootleg shirt sold at a flea market......How about to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Woodstock 1994, we get a special Blu ray and 2 CD set consisting of remastered audio and video from the master tape? How about to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Fragile, we get a special deluxe edition? What happened to that Bird Box deluxe that was promised 8 months ago? Crickets on all of that but golly gee we have fucking T shirts to celebrate

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    So, from what I gather, fans would rather not have any updates from the band unless its new music? Got it, I'll remember that for future reference.
    Yes.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    So the big 2019 of new releases so far consists of a Miley Cyrus T shirt and a Woodstock T shirt that looks like a bootleg shirt sold at a flea market......How about to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Woodstock 1994, we get a special Blu ray and 2 CD set consisting of remastered audio and video from the master tape? How about to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Fragile, we get a special deluxe edition? What happened to that Bird Box deluxe that was promised 8 months ago? Crickets on all of that but golly gee we have fucking T shirts to celebrate
    Stop taking trents words seriously until the promised physical/digital product is in your hands and your life will be a lot less stressful. Itís helped me BUNCHES.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Atticus and TR are scoring the entire 9-episode first series of HBO Watchmen episodes right now. Hopefully, we're not just talking about some new clips interspersed with old tracks (like Vietnam War, where the music was roughly 25% vintage source stuff, 25% old NIN stuff, 25% Yo-Yo Ma & Silk Road Ensemble, and 25% new TR&AR). I'm hoping it's a full Dragon Tattoo-length (or longer) epic slab of music. Well, it's less than two months away from premiering.

Just. Be. Patient.
    Last edited by botley; 08-13-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Atticus and TR are scoring the entire 9-episode first series of HBO Watchmen episodes right now. Hopefully, we're not just talking about some new clips interspersed with old tracks (like Vietnam War, where the music was roughly 25% vintage source stuff, 25% old NIN stuff, 25% Yo-Yo Ma & Silk Road Ensemble, and 25% new TR&AR). I'm hoping it's a full Dragon Tattoo-length (or longer) epic slab of music. Well, it's less than two months away from premiering.

Just. Be. Patient.
    That's a LOT of content. I would argue that it is better to reuse some stuff than to just make a bunch of filler. Nobody needs 50 original songs for Watchmen. Quality over quantity.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think it's fine to take Trent "seriously" when he says he will do something. It's just that sometimes things change. I think he means what he says, but sometimes it doesn't work out or he changes his mind. Which is fine. The complainers remind me of our kids - it's raining outside, "but you said we were going to go ride bikes!". Yeah, and that was the plan. Sorry. Life.

As an artist, there are all kinds of legit reasons to say, "I am going to release Bird Box Deluxe" and then have a delay. Maybe a suddenly awesome project came up. "Sorry, we aren't going to score that Fincher film about the life of David Bowie (made that up) because I promised I would get Bird Box Deluxe out soon". Don't do that Trent!

When Trent Reznor, or any artist, says "I am going to do X", understand it as a statement of intention. "You are going to get a couple things from NIN this year." That's an intention. Take it seriously. Understand that sometimes it rains. Sometimes life happens. Maybe his kids were struggling through some stuff. Maybe he wasn't feeling it. Maybe an evil witch cast a spell on him and imprisoned him in a dark tower in Bavaria and Mariqueen and Atticus had to go on a quest to find the sword in the stone and rescue their friend. Whatever. Life.

Sure, I wish we had some awesome new album coming out next week. But do I really? The wait makes it better. Dig deeper into what we already have. Have good conversations about it with your friends.

Enjoy the ride.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I think it's fine to take Trent "seriously" when he says he will do something. It's just that sometimes things change. I think he means what he says, but sometimes it doesn't work out or he changes his mind. Which is fine. The complainers remind me of our kids - it's raining outside, "but you said we were going to go ride bikes!". Yeah, and that was the plan. Sorry. Life.

As an artist, there are all kinds of legit reasons to say, "I am going to release Bird Box Deluxe" and then have a delay. Maybe a suddenly awesome project came up. "Sorry, we aren't going to score that Fincher film about the life of David Bowie (made that up) because I promised I would get Bird Box Deluxe out soon". Don't do that Trent!

When Trent Reznor, or any artist, says "I am going to do X", understand it as a statement of intention. "You are going to get a couple things from NIN this year." That's an intention. Take it seriously. Understand that sometimes it rains. Sometimes life happens. Maybe his kids were struggling through some stuff. Maybe he wasn't feeling it. Maybe an evil witch cast a spell on him and imprisoned him in a dark tower in Bavaria and Mariqueen and Atticus had to go on a quest to find the sword in the stone and rescue their friend. Whatever. Life.

Sure, I wish we had some awesome new album coming out next week. But do I really? The wait makes it better. Dig deeper into what we already have. Have good conversations about it with your friends.

Enjoy the ride.
    First off, this is fantastic and I'm 100% with you.

Trent Reznor owes us NOTHING (not a pun). Aside from creating and releasing music like a normal artist, he's given us unreleased HD concert footage, groundbreaking album artwork that goes beyond what most bands would even think to deliver, a free fucking album, and the morhterfucking ARG.

He owes us nothing.

But.

When he announces something specific with a timeframe (Bird Box Deluxe coming Spring 2019, Tension Blu-ray coming Spring 2014, etc.) and nothing happens, I don't think people should boycott the man, but I completely understand some saltiness and whining, and, a heads up would be nice.
    Like @Max said: shit happens. Production delays, new projects, one of his kids gets whooping cough, whatever. A little note saying 'hey, shit happened, this is delayed/this isn't happening anymore' would go so much further with his fanbase than silence.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New Woodstock Shirt looks pretty dope, snagged a medium immediately. Is it stone wash though? It looks like a stone wash to me or like some kind of aged-washing technique was applied to the finish shirt which will most certainly add to the 'coolness-factor' of it all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    A little note saying 'hey, shit happened, this is delayed/this isn't happening anymore' would go so much further with his fanbase than silence.
    This. I agree with what others have said. I would be disappointed to hear something is delayed or cancelled, but that is life. However, it seems like such a minor action these days to just tweet out a couple words to let us know what's happening.

Also, don't take this the wrong way... but although artists owe their fans nothing, an artist's fan base is typically directly responsible for supporting artists throughout their career (especially early on). In a time when there is less dependency on labels or third-parties for communication it would just be nice to know what's up. I know that probably sounds snarky, but it really isn't my intention.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    New Woodstock Shirt looks pretty dope, snagged a medium immediately. Is it stone wash though? It looks like a stone wash to me or like some kind of aged-washing technique was applied to the finish shirt which will most certainly add to the 'coolness-factor' of it all.
    I think so. It looks that way. I got the Now I'm Nothing shirt last year that was stone washed and I effing love the feel of the shirts.

I only have like 3 NIN shirts, ironically. So it's nice to have another one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I think so. It looks that way. I got the Now I'm Nothing shirt last year that was stone washed and I effing love the feel of the shirts.

I only have like 3 NIN shirts, ironically. So it's nice to have another one.
    yes, totally agree with you. I have that shirt as well and am really digging the vintage-style look and soft super-comfy feel that 'stone-washing' effect adds to the shirt. I was only able to grab that one in a large though so its alittle big on me being that mediums are more suitable to my frame/build. I was lucky enough to be quick this time and grab a medium as those are usually the sizes that sell out first. I dont see anywhere in the description that the woodstock shirt is a stone wash but in one of the pictures it definitely does have the look of a stone wash and being that this is a throwback/ vintage shirt i think a 'stonewash' effect will add a nice touch to the shirt. Im keeping my figures crossed that it is but it also says that it is dark-grey in color so maybe that could be giving the illusion of the shirt being stonewashed that im seeing in the picture. will have to wait for it to come in the mail. pix to follow

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My Woodstock t already shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Stop taking trents words seriously until the promised physical/digital product is in your hands and your life will be a lot less stressful. Itís helped me BUNCHES.
    You can take him seriously and then seriously understand that it just won't come in the timeframe cited, for various reasons we don't know. And that's alright.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    My Woodstock t already shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone on Reddit already received theirs! God damn that was quick. My tracking says mine should arrive on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    mine's on the way as well. They seem to be using two different images to promote the shirt. The one from the initial announcement and the one currently being used on the homepage looks like it has more of an aged/vintage/stonewash type effect added to it. The one in the clothing section of the store looks more like your standard version in plain dark grey coloring with no extra washing effects added. I'm hoping when it arrives it more resembles the picture on the home page. We'll see...