Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Store's back up. Looks the same as it always did with no mention of anything having changed.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Store's back up. Looks the same as it always did with no mention of anything having changed.
    Well, that was anticlimactic. How long until it's been a full year of the second batch of DE's "coming soon"? That word should be banned from anything NIN-related.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the new site:
    Yes, all discount codes provided by previous version of the Nine Inch Nails store will be good for a single use in the new store. If you run into any problems with your code, please write in to us here and we'll be happy to look into it for you.
    They also have a form to fill in if you "have an unfulfilled order from a previous store" : https://nine-inch-nails-support.zend...previous-store (!!)

Let's see where that takes us...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    By the way, that 20% discount code still works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They also have a form to fill in if you "have an unfulfilled order from a previous store" : https://nine-inch-nails-support.zend...previous-store (!!)

Just filled in a request for a refund from the form, got this quick e-mail:
    Your request (xxxxxxxx) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. We will respond to you as quickly as possible, thanks for your patience.Please note our business hours are 9am-6pm M-F, Pacific Time.
    To add additional comments, reply to this email.
    It's already looking better than Shitbag!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The new tour poster looks sweet. I think I'm going to order one of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's up with the shipping though? They want over $33 to ship to Washington state? 89 for expedited? Wtf?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigcomedown View Post
    What's up with the shipping though? They want over $33 to ship to Washington state? 89 for expedited? Wtf?
    Yeah, no shit. I paid almost $10 shipping for JUST a poster. That's a third of the cost of the poster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, no shit. I paid almost $10 shipping for JUST a poster. That's a third of the cost of the poster.
    I only ordered the 2 posters and the AV vinyl. Shipping was the most expensive item. Plus I had to pay tax on the shipping rate too. Hopefully I can get an adjustment. Sounds like they're on the West coast too, so it's not like it's shipping overseas.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just completed the order on nin.com for the AV vinyl. Hope I get one of the limited supply slip mats. Also cought the 2017 tour poster. I kind of like my dinged corners. It personnel to me. No two corners are the same. Lol.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So is it fair to assume that all previous orders of the Add Violence EP now include the slipmat? Or do I need to make another order to get one?

Edit: Reading the description, I think that's the case. Glad to see the codes still work though! Hopefully these "new items" drop before the codes expire, heh, I'm saving mine for closer to December.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-16-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    So is it fair to assume that all previous orders of the Add Violence EP now include the slipmat? Or do I need to make another order to get one?
    I hope so!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Good to see Cargo in the Blood dropped a little in price, too. $250 looks way more tempting than $300.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-16-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    God to see Cargo in the Blood dropped a little in price, too. $250 looks way more tempting than $300.
    but it says "coming soon" for some reason

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but it says "coming soon" for some reason
    Yeah, that is a little strange, but I'd imagine it'll be restocked eventually. Otherwise it wouldn't have even been re-listed.

Oh man, I'm about to drop so much money into this store again if the next set of releases goes up before the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN.com shop is back online.
    As well, tried the 20% off code and it worked!!
    Now just waiting for With Teeth & Year Zero to be released

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone else had to re-create their account altogether? I had to. None of my info from the Sandbag days worked and my email was not found at all when hit "forget password?" reset thing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Did anyone else had to re-create their account altogether? I had to. None of my info from the Sandbag days worked and my email was not found at all when hit "forget password?" reset thing.
    Yep. Same here. No carry over. From the SUPPORT page:

"Unfortunately, previous store accounts will not be valid in the new store. You will need to setup a new account in the Nine Inch Nails store, at which point all future purchases will be visible. "

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They couldn't tell us about the slipmat before everyone pre-ordered it everywhere else? Ugh.

Guess I'm cancelling with Amazon and going back to nin.com.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I honestly think that after dealing with two different useless companies for the pre-orders and fulfillment that we all deserve to get a free slipmat at no cost. Although I would settle for getting an unexpected second copy of the records like some of you have. Why didn't that happen to me? Why?

I'm pissed the there is now a limited edition slipmat only available to NIN.com. I already pre-ordered Add Violence on Amazon.ca weeks ago before it was even available for pre-order on NIN.com and before there was any mention of a limited edition exclusive slipmat. Now my Amazon.ca order says preparing for shipment so I think I'm going to stick with that. I can't handle this all going to shit again if the new NIN.com store is as crappy as the previous two!

I'll wait and see how some of you make with Add Violence pre-order and then decided what I will do with the pre-orders of the remaining reissues. Which hopefully are available for pre-order before the coupon expires (assuming it does. I can't remember). The coupon may go to waste if the Add Violence pre-order experience goes badly for some of you. Cause honestly... I'm pretty sure I would have paid a lot less for all the ones I ordered already if I had just waited and ordered them through Amazon.ca. Especially since shipping was so ridiculous through NIN.com and Amazon offers free shipping. I probably would have saved more than what the coupon would have saved me.

Anyway. End rant. As you were!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I really hope someone at NIN addresses this!
    lol yea, good luck with that. The piss-poor NIN store experience rolls on.

I ordered both poster variants, and both arrived yesterday. Thankfully, I had already started reading the increasing nightmare accounts in this thread before mine were delivered. So I am absolutely refusing to open either of mine; they can stay in the tube for the rest of their natural life, for all I care. Too afraid to look at how fucked up they might be. Just being able to say I own them and knowing they're in there is enough, at this point.

Just going to buy things like this on the open market for an increased price in the future, once it can be confirmed the item isn't bashed to shit in some way. That's an honestly better option than giving TR any more money directly, since it's highly doubtful this will be addressed at all either.

I hope as many people as possible get their money refunded for this latest debacle, and their profits take a sizeable hit. The official store's reputation is nothing short of horrendous..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lol yea, good luck with that. The piss-poor NIN store experience rolls on.

I ordered both poster variants, and both arrived yesterday. Thankfully, I had already started reading the increasing nightmare accounts in this thread before mine were delivered. So I am absolutely refusing to open either of mine; they can stay in the tube for the rest of their natural life, for all I care. Too afraid to look at how fucked up they might be. Just being able to say I own them and knowing they're in there is enough, at this point.

Just going to buy things like this on the open market for an increased price in the future, once it can be confirmed the item isn't bashed to shit in some way. That's an honestly better option than giving TR any more money directly, since it's highly doubtful this will be addressed at all either.

I hope as many people as possible get their money refunded for this latest debacle, and their profits take a sizeable hit. The official store's reputation is nothing short of horrendous..
    So you're going to keep a possible crappy and worthless product instead of getting a refund? Also, it's a sad state of affairs when we're all preferring to turn to ebay in hopes of getting a product that isn't totally damaged.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    So you're going to keep a possible crappy and worthless product instead of getting a refund? Also, it's a sad state of affairs when we're all preferring to turn to ebay in hopes of getting a product that isn't totally damaged.
    The thing is, a refund isn't the point here. Money has never been an option to me when it came to this band/musician/etc. because -- up until this past year -- I always felt like I was getting my money's worth, no matter what I was paying for.

What I'd like is for fans like yourself and others who are getting shafted on merchandise to get what they paid for in one piece, from an entity that seems to have less and less respect for their fanbase when it comes to their merchandise. It would be nice to see Kraw the art director not be a complete dick to people who reach out to him on social media about the vinyl reissue packages that were coming apart, or TR to at least give some kind of "hey, I'm sorry we keep fucking this up" statement instead of ignoring the groundswell of complaints he himself has received and have some kind of hand in the quality control of his official store. So far, it's just been "Here's more stuff you can buy" that turns out to not be limited, exclusive or properly shipped out once the store already has your money in hand.

So yea, as a life-long hardcore fan, it's sad to see. And it keeps happening. Take some measure of accountability and employ some quality control here, so that fans like you and me don't have to throw up our hands and resort to the third-party option just to get our hands on stuff we're willing to pay money for..

That's all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The thing is, a refund isn't the point here. Money has never been an option to me when it came to this band/musician/etc. because -- up until this past year -- I always felt like I was getting my money's worth, no matter what I was paying for.

What I'd like is for fans like yourself and others who are getting shafted on merchandise to get what they paid for in one piece, from an entity that seems to have less and less respect for their fanbase when it comes to their merchandise. It would be nice to see Kraw the art director not be a complete dick to people who reach out to him on social media about the vinyl reissue packages that were coming apart, or TR to at least give some kind of "hey, I'm sorry we keep fucking this up" statement instead of ignoring the groundswell of complaints he himself has received and have some kind of hand in the quality control of his official store. So far, it's just been "Here's more stuff you can buy" that turns out to not be limited, exclusive or properly shipped out once the store already has your money in hand.

So yea, as a life-long hardcore fan, it's sad to see. And it keeps happening. Take some measure of accountability and employ some quality control here, so that fans like you and me don't have to throw up our hands and resort to the third-party option just to get our hands on stuff we're willing to pay money for..

That's all.
    What on earth? I would much rather have the poster than the money. That's why I paid for it in the first place. That's not the point. The point is the poster arriving like crushed paper towel. How would accepting that help anything? Accepting that would do a disservice to not only the purchaser but the store itself which needs serious improvement or needs to be overhauled completely.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What on earth? I would much rather have the poster than the money. That's why I paid for it in the first place. That's not the point. The point is the poster arriving like crushed paper towel. How would accepting that help anything? Accepting that would do a disservice to not only the purchaser but the store itself which needs serious improvement or needs to be overhauled completely.
    Not to mention the artist, who would most likely be disappointed to learn of this, too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Not to mention the artist, who would most likely be disappointed to learn of this, too.
    Exactly. Trent understands what it means to be a fan. If he's heard of what happened, he'd be pissed. I'm sure he'll have a comment on this. Not just pretend it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's all.
    see, i was hesitating on being this harsh before but you know what? after Firebrand, then Sandbag...and now this with Live Nation gahhh. yeah i don't know, someone from the NIN camp should be speaking up about this now. its ridiculous!

after thinking about all thats gone on, and about that mission statement over at the NIN site/store, maybe its about time TR think about that statement and specifically about having some of these *exclusive* items (yeah so-called exclusives) be available in the traditional stores for those of us who prefer not to pull out all our hair over items alot of us paid for over a year ago.

its great that we are in 2017 heading into 2018 and all these other ways to purchase and listen to music are popping up but what good are they really if a chunk of your fanbase goes through what we here have gone through? you know what the sad part of this is? theres probably plenty more people who do not visit ETS/do not post here and go through the same frustration so yeah maybe "chunk" is not the proper word to describe how many people are really affected by all this nonsense.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think the Thread title should change from "Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part, and now we wait." to "NIN Store Watch" hard to keep track from Firebrand to Sandbag to now Shopify.... just sayin'. And yes it wouldn't let me log in either. Thanks to NIN camp passing the word on social media, I would have missed it for sure and been days late and probably miss the limited slip mat. I ordered so fast after the tweet that I am confident I'm getting the slip mat with my AV vinyl order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I think the Thread title should change from "Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part, and now we wait." to "NIN Store Watch" hard to keep track from Firebrand to Sandbag to now Shopify.... just sayin'. And yes it wouldn't let me log in either. Thanks to NIN camp passing the word on social media, I would have missed it for sure and been days late and probably miss the limited slip mat. I ordered so fast after the tweet that I am confident I'm getting the slip mat with my AV vinyl order.
    Shopify is just the frontend, we're now dealing with Live Nation / Zendesk.
    Last edited by kirkenshrir; 11-16-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I guess my suggestion took root to some extent... is it weird to quote your self?