Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm so sad that there are still so many issues happening with the THIRD vendor running the store. le sigh. poor trent.
    At this point I’m starting to think it IS trent. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on...them. Fool me three times can’t get fooled again.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    At this point I’m starting to think it IS trent. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on...them. Fool me three times can’t get fooled again.
    I absolutely hold Trent accountable for this nonsense.

In hindsight, it was premature in shitcanning Firebrand before practically anything physical was mailed out. Sure, they screwed up those initial download e-mails, but everyone got situated fairly quickly after that. And how many people who paid nothing up front got their hands on those high quality files simply from the kindness of others who actually paid for them? If Firebrand didn't even have hands on the Deluxe Editions before they were shown the door, then how is it their fault nothing got shipped?

But then he went with Sandbag, whom you yourself pointed out was horrible (by Trent's own admission) years prior when he went that route. He tried them again and look what transpired. His paying customers waited months for poorly-mailed and -- in some cases -- poorly assembled products after buying into the vinyl mission statement.

Now we're finding out that Deviations sure wasn't a limited exclusive anything, and will be available for significantly less in just about every online retailer imaginable. With no explanation from Camp NIN whatsoever.

So yea, I hold Trent accountable here. Practically 100%. If this were happening with a musician like, say, Marilyn Manson, a significant portion of this board would be gleefully roasting him on a spit for it.

And the fact that I spent another $120 today on "exclusive" silk-screened posters and AV vinyl with "exclusive" slip mats should at least give me the right to express some fairly-widespread discontent, methinks.

At least, on the bright side, we practically know the next batch of DEs will be available elsewhere, and at a likely cheaper price..

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I absolutely hold Trent accountable for this nonsense.

And the fact that I spent another $120 today on "exclusive" silk-screened posters and AV vinyl with "exclusive" slip mats should at least give me the right to express some fairly-widespread discontent, methinks.
    No. You realize you're supporting this "nonsense"? You're complaining to complain.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    No. You realize you're supporting this "nonsense"? You're complaining to complain.
    pretty sure PBS went into this transaction under the assumption that there wouldn't be any major fuck ups this time around so in that sense he is not supporting this nonsense

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    pretty sure PBS went into this transaction under the assumption that there wouldn't be any major fuck ups this time around so in that sense he is not supporting this nonsense
    PBS specifically responded to a post by Tony about being fooled 3 times, then complains about exclusives not being exclusive. Ends the post by mentioning they spent $120 more on "exclusive" things.

I guess we're just not seeing this the same way.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post