Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Is there any actual damage? Doesn't look like it from the pictures.

To the hoodie, thankfully no, it's heavy fabric, it didn't tear, just creased heavily from the puncture that went though both bags. I inspected the hell out of it. Both bags were torn through if you can't see. It was a close call. Should wash out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Mine arrived sealed but the design on the back was cracked so that kinda sucks. Lettering on the front looked okay though.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Re: the hoodie.

got mine today, bag was kinda ripped but the interior bag saved it.

have you ever been to Orlando or another mega tourist city where they have those real cheap souvenir shops that sell pot leaf shaped ash trays with the city’s name stamped on them and those really really cheap bootleg T-shirts that have those “screen printed” designs with Mickey Mouse or whatever that you can peel or rub off with your fingers with little effort?

thats the kind of printing used for the null corp tag printing on the inside of the hoodie. The outside plastisol design is bubbling and not much better. It’s in the wash now, I legitimately worry that the design may not make it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I didn’t dry mine for the same fear.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Re: the hoodie.

got mine today, bag was kinda ripped but the interior bag saved it.

have you ever been to Orlando or another mega tourist city where they have those real cheap souvenir shops that sell pot leaf shaped ash trays with the city’s name stamped on them and those really really cheap bootleg T-shirts that have those “screen printed” designs with Mickey Mouse or whatever that you can peel or rub off with your fingers with little effort?

thats the kind of printing used for the null corp tag printing on the inside of the hoodie. The outside plastisol design is bubbling and not much better. It’s in the wash now, I legitimately worry that the design may not make it.
    So washed and dried it like every other hoodie I have, inside out and on warm. Interior null label is starting to peel, the outside design looks to be ok but the front lettering on the hoodie is starting to "pill".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Now that you said something, I checked mine. I left it on the hanger last night, I didn't even dry it - just washed on cold. Now I'm really scared for the inner null logo. It feels brittle. The back outer print is really weird too. There's white under some of the design there isn't a base under other parts of it, & it's starting to crack already where there isn't the underprint white base. I've only worn it around the house. Once.

https://m.imgur.com/a/YnzfDiq

https://imgur.com/a/mm8AcVG

The printing layers aren't even lined up on the back logo at all. They're drunk. Look at "70%", this is a completely different print/ink than what they used on my other hoodie and tshirts.

At least it's warm and thick.

https://imgur.com/a/3abzCB7

This is the inner print of the lightweight pullover with the big nin logo. Completely different screening process. It doesn't feel like it's going to peel off.

The blue on this hoodie will fade to white.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 01-22-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Got my hoodie after UPS weirdly re-routed it to Arkansas. My hoodie must have wanted to take the scenic route.

I really like the fabric of the hoodie itself. It's thick and heavy, really good quality fabric. I hope they use it again in the future for sweatshirts. You can tell that the designs on the front, back and the null logo in the neck may not be super well secured to the fabric for whatever reason. I'll just be careful with it when I wash it.

My dumb ass bought one of those tie-dye NIN shirts from Urban Outfitters too, and that arrived on the same day.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    Now that you said something, I checked mine. I left it on the hanger last night, I didn't even dry it - just washed on cold. Now I'm really scared for the inner null logo. It feels brittle. The back outer print is really weird too. There's white under some of the design there isn't a base under other parts of it, & it's starting to crack already where there isn't the underprint white base. I've only worn it around the house. Once.

https://m.imgur.com/a/YnzfDiq

https://imgur.com/a/mm8AcVG

The printing layers aren't even lined up on the back logo at all. They're drunk. Look at "70%", this is a completely different print/ink than what they used on my other hoodie and tshirts.

https://imgur.com/a/3abzCB7

This is the inner print of the lightweight pullover with the big nin logo. Completely different screening process. It doesn't feel like it's going to peel off.

The blue on this hoodie will fade to white.
    After wearing the hoodie once the blue lettering on the front is already starting to peel off from the white underlayering haha.

I've completely lost all faith in the NIN store being able to provide anything of physical quality in a consistant manner. When you buy something from the store it's literally a gamble in every regard. Shipping time, customer service, item quality etc are all up in the air and you'll never know what you'll get (if at all).
    Last edited by tony.parente; 01-22-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I bet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    is there a "take quotes out of context" thread? because lol

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i just bought the logo pullover hoodie. i was a little gobsmacked at the $14 domestic shipping. sheesh. i hope it's thick material and not like those bullshit urban outfitters *thin* hoodies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i just bought the logo pullover hoodie. i was a little gobsmacked at the $14 domestic shipping. sheesh. i hope it's thick material and not like those bullshit urban outfitters *thin* hoodies.
    It is thick - not quite carhart - but the silkscreen process is chinese trash.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was very close to buying that hoodie - like I get paid Friday kind of close - so these impressions are much appreciated.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was very close to buying that hoodie - like I get paid Friday kind of close - so these impressions are much appreciated.
    If you want a thick, super warm hoodie then go for it. If you want a nin hoodie where the screen printing isn't gonna flake off in 2 weeks, you might wanna look into bootlegging the design on teespring or something.

Edit: I was able to just throw together a bootleg version of the hoodie using one of those create your own screenprinting sites for $52 shipped and you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't real unless I told you. I assume they use one of those inkjet style t-shirt printers which will certainly last longer than whats on the official ones. Food for thought.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 01-23-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

You are better off taking a black hoodie you own, making a stencil & spray painting it.

Or buying a nicer looking one from a different band.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    After wearing the hoodie once the blue lettering on the front is already starting to peel off from the white underlayering haha.

I've completely lost all faith in the NIN store being able to provide anything of physical quality in a consistant manner. When you buy something from the store it's literally a gamble in every regard. Shipping time, customer service, item quality etc are all up in the air and you'll never know what you'll get (if at all).
    Did you wash the hoodie inside out? I ask because I have a lot of tie dyes (yeah yeah) and if you forget to wash them inside out you lose your lettering/graphics very quickly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Did you wash the hoodie inside out? I ask because I have a lot of tie dyes (yeah yeah) and if you forget to wash them inside out you lose your lettering/graphics very quickly.
    I've always washed all my clothes inside out, that's why I have a closet full of 20+ year old t shirts that look brand new still.

Cold water on gentle, avoiding the dryer and hang dry everything too.

You should see my Eraser lyric and Manson blue TV face shirts.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I made it a point to wash it inside out due to how shady the lettering looked out of the package. This hoodie is should come with a deviations tag attached to it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Maybe it's supposed to be that way so it distresses purposely.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Maybe it's supposed to be that way so it distresses purposely.
    If they printed it with ink so low quality it peels on on purpose they should have marketed it as such. They've done similar "warnings" with the oil wash shirts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I never got a replacement order confirmation from them either for my damaged Add Violence. They told me it was out of stock and they would ship out when it was back. It's in stock on the website.

Between that and the hoodie, I feel a bit bamboozled.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My Add Violence replacement showed up today. It looks minty fresh, and I'm glad it didn't take another month to get resolved.

Opened it. Has a small knick from the factory in the record. One small tear in the lyric sheet. I will consider the knick a misprint. This little tear seems to be from where it was when the record was shrink wrapped.

No warp.

Sounds great.

https://imgur.com/a/j5KkqZT

They asked me if there was anything else they could help with, and I told them about the hoodie situation with the low-grade ink and printing alignment. I'll let you know what I hear back. One of the hoodie string knots has come half undone along with all the other shit. I've worn this once.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 01-25-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally watched an episode of Watchmen. Great music. What are the chances of a reprint of the soundtrack?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I finally watched an episode of Watchmen. Great music. What are the chances of a reprint of the soundtrack?
    This is pure speculation and not based on any official communication, but I would suggest that given the demand, the chances are good for a reprint, but that the queues at vinyl production plants are not short, so the represses may not happen until months after the initial release.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe someday we will get official downloads for all releases (NIN, HTDA and score material) but I doubt it. Remember when NIN used to be on the cutting edge of technology?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    This is pure speculation and not based on any official communication, but I would suggest that given the demand, the chances are good for a reprint, but that the queues at vinyl production plants are not short, so the represses may not happen until months after the initial release.
    I hope so. They would be leaving money on the table if they didn't do at least one more repress.

I saw volume 2 a Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago. I didn't pick it up because I wasn't familiar with the material and I didn't know about the demand.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Remember when NIN used to be on the cutting edge of technology?
    Now they're stuck in the '70s. Sad and disappointing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Now they're stuck in the '70s. Sad and disappointing.
    Lol, yeah. But whatever though, I still support wherever and whenever I can.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    It is thick - not quite carhart - but the silkscreen process is chinese trash.
    it is so not thick. this is exactly what i was talking about -- it's a relatively thin low functioning hoodie. for almost $70.

NOT WORTH IT. DON'T BUY IT.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    it is so not thick. this is exactly what i was talking about -- it's a relatively thin low functioning hoodie. for almost $70.

NOT WORTH IT. DON'T BUY IT.

I haven't worn it since washing it. Afraid to. I wore it once. One of the knots in the hood string came undone hanging in my closet. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone really.