Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I don't know if I want to bother them about it, at least until after flattening is done and I see how it looks then.
    Yeah, but this isn't just any poster. It's cotton rag. That shit is delicate and creases easily. Any bend or fold would be permanent damage.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Yeah, but this isn't just any poster. It's cotton rag. That shit is delicate and creases easily. Any bend or fold would be permanent damage.
    I just assumed they would know this and ship it with major protection.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, I got my poster yesterday and it arrived in flawless condition, wrapped in kraft paper. No dents in the tube whatsoever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Checked mine out and all seems good. No paper but good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Now that I'm hearing that some (most?) people had their poster wrapped in paper, I'm wondering if I should say something, like it was an oversight that mine was roll/folded rather than having proper care taken.
    I wonder...

Post your number and what condition it was in. Maybe after the first 200 they started getting a little lazier? Mine was in the upper 200s, I'll look again after I flip it over (flattening it now).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Now that I'm hearing that some (most?) people had their poster wrapped in paper, I'm wondering if I should say something, like it was an oversight that mine was roll/folded rather than having proper care taken.
    I wonder...

Post your number and what condition it was in. Maybe after the first 200 they started getting a little lazier? Mine was in the upper 200s, I'll look again after I flip it over (flattening it now).
    I have the overall tour #62/475.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well..my initial experience with LN sucks. Here's how my posters showed up...no end cap and completely open.

Seriously..what professional entity ships posters rolled without paper between or in separate tubes and without plastic end caps firmly taped on??

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My poster arrived today... damaged. Not wrapped in anything, just jammed into the tube.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So Live Nation can ship vinyl just fine (no verdict on clothing so far), but cannot ship posters to save their lives. Bizarre.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    My poster arrived today... damaged. Not wrapped in anything, just jammed into the tube.

Wow that's bad, hope you get the same refund treatment as @FULLMETAL . Mine had a little creasing from where they started rolling, though it didn't seem noticeable when I first looked at it. Really just a byproduct of making someone roll 400 of these in a day and the size of the tube. No end caps, taped a circle of cardboard on the end. Fortunately it didn't spend any time in the rain. Flattening now.

In general; I'm really happy they put these up for purchase online so I don't have to rush to a merch stand then hold onto a poster for the whole show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post

In general; I'm really happy they put these up for purchase online so I don't have to rush to a merch stand then hold onto a poster for the whole show.
    I almost never buy them at shows because I dont want to have to keep track of it. Usually just over pay on ebay latter or some times get lucky like this. I was able to get the STL 2005 poster and the Texas 2014 poster from NIN stores back in the day. My NINJA poster I got after the KC show. I still need a Tension poster though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I guess this sums up the problem:

I'm really disappointed with this. I almost don't have the energy to post the pictures. Corners are dog eared; the middle section is bent and creased. The whole thing is quite a shock. Also ironic, because I used to sell art prints on my site that were produced on the exact same material - cotton rag. Cotton rag is a beautiful material to utilize for art prints, but the material is also highly susceptible to bending/folding; one wrong move and the result is permanent. When I shipped my prints to customers, it was always laid flat on a thick backing, then concealed and preserved in a tight plastic sleeve, followed by being sandwiched between two thick pieces of cardboard before being placed in a highly fortified box; this absolutely made sure the print would not bend during shipping. I'm surprised such attention and care wasn't given to these prints, especially considering they were a limited number signed by the artist. I will eventually post some pics just to give you guys an idea of what I'm dealing with and just to get it on record (if that even means anything at this point).

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._considerable/

They probably didn't account for the material of the poster and just assumed it was a normal poster. Even then that shipping is horrible and totally irresponsible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I guess this sums up the problem:

I'm really disappointed with this. I almost don't have the energy to post the pictures. Corners are dog eared; the middle section is bent and creased. The whole thing is quite a shock. Also ironic, because I used to sell art prints on my site that were produced on the exact same material - cotton rag. Cotton rag is a beautiful material to utilize for art prints, but the material is also highly susceptible to bending/folding; one wrong move and the result is permanent. When I shipped my prints to customers, it was always laid flat on a thick backing, then concealed and preserved in a tight plastic sleeve, followed by being sandwiched between two thick pieces of cardboard before being placed in a highly fortified box; this absolutely made sure the print would not bend during shipping. I'm surprised such attention and care wasn't given to these prints, especially considering they were a limited number signed by the artist. I will eventually post some pics just to give you guys an idea of what I'm dealing with and just to get it on record (if that even means anything at this point).

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._considerable/

They probably didn't account for the material of the poster and just assumed it was a normal poster. Even then that shipping is horrible and totally irresponsible.
    User uploaded pictures: https://imgur.com/a/LAtvm

Not looking good. Haven't received mine but I'll be expecting the worst now, I guess.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just got an e-mail. I didn't ask for a refund, just mentioned how it was damaged, what could be done in the future to prevent it (rolling them using a dowel rather than by hand so the end you start rolling with doesn't crease, putting it in a bag or rolling paper larger than the print around it to preserve edges when packing into the tube), and that I was very happy with how fast it was shipped and the quality of the tube itself (even though the ends were cardboard circles taped in place, the tube itself was super thick and I'm sure would have done a good job protecting from shipping damage). WIthout even asking for photos or asking what I would like to do, instantly said they are refunding the poster.
    I have to say, even with as hit and miss as the packing seemed to be for people, they are ON THE BALL when it comes to not only responding, but going above and beyond what is asked to make sure I am happy. Like, god damn, I've never done so little and gotten a full refund before. Sandbag wanted photos, 3 forms of ID, my blood type and the sacrifice of my first born to even get a reply that wasn't copy-paste.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just got an e-mail. I didn't ask for a refund, just mentioned how it was damaged, what could be done in the future to prevent it (rolling them using a dowel rather than by hand so the end you start rolling with doesn't crease, putting it in a bag or rolling paper larger than the print around it to preserve edges when packing into the tube), and that I was very happy with how fast it was shipped and the quality of the tube itself (even though the ends were cardboard circles taped in place, the tube itself was super thick and I'm sure would have done a good job protecting from shipping damage). WIthout even asking for photos or asking what I would like to do, instantly said they are refunding the poster.
    I have to say, even with as hit and miss as the packing seemed to be for people, they are ON THE BALL when it comes to not only responding, but going above and beyond what is asked to make sure I am happy. Like, god damn, I've never done so little and gotten a full refund before. Sandbag wanted photos, 3 forms of ID, my blood type and the sacrifice of my first born to even get a reply that wasn't copy-paste.
    The refund should be obvious here. The pictures look like a horror show! There's absolutely no excuse for that. The artist's trouble and customer's interest all got flushed down the toilet.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I got 458 Over all tour, wrapped in paper in the tube and all good. Also received a shirt, good to go (it's be really hard to fuck up a shirt though.)

Still waiting on AV vinyl. Hope I got the slip mat.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 11-23-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Dropped both my posters off at the frame store today and don't remember the numbers, but both were wrapped in paper, rolled correctly and didn't have any damage to the tubes. Ordered on Thursday with standard shipping and they were delivered to Seattle on Monday. Good experience with LN for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    Dropped both my posters off at the frame store today and don't remember the numbers, but both were wrapped in paper, rolled correctly and didn't have any damage to the tubes. Ordered on Thursday with standard shipping and they were delivered to Seattle on Monday. Good experience with LN for me.
    you dropped them off without even looking at them?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    Time out. Yours arrived wrapped in paper? Talk about being inconsistent. Mine were rolled together, no paper and the one on the outside of the roll wss filthy on the back.

Plus, like I posted earlier, one end was completely open to the elements.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I am confused.
    I tried to order the AVvinyl in the USstore and before I could do so it was sold out.
    I had two shirts in my cart. A black version of the "I can hardly recognize you anymore"-Shirt.
    My girlfriend saw it too.
    I ordered from the UKstore instead and got the "everyone seems to be asleep"-Shirt instead. All traces of the other shirt (in black) are gone. It's only available in white...
    Did my girlfriend and I have an collective hallucination or did the shop fuck it up?

I went back to the US store to look for the shirt and now my cart holds the "everyone seems to be asleep"shirts...is this real?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Got mine. And same as everyone who reported damages. Mine was literally crushed in the center as if it was forced into the tube. Both caps were missing and corners are all frayed or turned. How in the hell did this happen? I really hope someone at NIN addresses this! This is so unfair!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope to god NIN addresses this poster debacle. Having taken time to get on the store and throw my money at that poster and end up with nothing in the end is really upsetting.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I really hope someone at NIN addresses this!
    lol yea, good luck with that. The piss-poor NIN store experience rolls on.

I ordered both poster variants, and both arrived yesterday. Thankfully, I had already started reading the increasing nightmare accounts in this thread before mine were delivered. So I am absolutely refusing to open either of mine; they can stay in the tube for the rest of their natural life, for all I care. Too afraid to look at how fucked up they might be. Just being able to say I own them and knowing they're in there is enough, at this point.

Just going to buy things like this on the open market for an increased price in the future, once it can be confirmed the item isn't bashed to shit in some way. That's an honestly better option than giving TR any more money directly, since it's highly doubtful this will be addressed at all either.

I hope as many people as possible get their money refunded for this latest debacle, and their profits take a sizeable hit. The official store's reputation is nothing short of horrendous..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^^if they're damaged you should get a refund but how can you know this if you don't even look at them???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    (waiting for my poster)

At this point sure, a refund or something, but I'd just be happy after all of this if we got a real solid, heartfelt apology for all this year long bullshit. haha... love ya trent, but this is nuts! haha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lol yea, good luck with that. The piss-poor NIN store experience rolls on.

I ordered both poster variants, and both arrived yesterday. Thankfully, I had already started reading the increasing nightmare accounts in this thread before mine were delivered. So I am absolutely refusing to open either of mine; they can stay in the tube for the rest of their natural life, for all I care. Too afraid to look at how fucked up they might be. Just being able to say I own them and knowing they're in there is enough, at this point.

Just going to buy things like this on the open market for an increased price in the future, once it can be confirmed the item isn't bashed to shit in some way. That's an honestly better option than giving TR any more money directly, since it's highly doubtful this will be addressed at all either.

I hope as many people as possible get their money refunded for this latest debacle, and their profits take a sizeable hit. The official store's reputation is nothing short of horrendous..
    So you're going to keep a possible crappy and worthless product instead of getting a refund? Also, it's a sad state of affairs when we're all preferring to turn to ebay in hopes of getting a product that isn't totally damaged.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Holy hell. It sounds like they never used end caps to begin with, if that many peoples are showing up without them. The rare occasions that I've ordered posters in general, most folks tape the end caps on so they are secure.

I finally ordered the Anxiety shirt today, so we'll see how that arrives. It's pretty hard to screw up mailing a shirt.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Holy hell. It sounds like they never used end caps to begin with, if that many peoples are showing up without them. The rare occasions that I've ordered posters in general, most folks tape the end caps on so they are secure.

I finally ordered the Anxiety shirt today, so we'll see how that arrives. It's pretty hard to screw up mailing a shirt.
    The UPS guy will knock on your door and you'll open it only to find him wearing your shirt covered in coffee stains. He will then give you the finger and proceed to get in his truck and drive away (but not before making a burning stinking donut on your front lawn/driveway).

Thats not just service. That's NIN store service!

P.S. Some will report that they got punched in the face by the UPS guy before getting the finger. Quality of service will differ.
    Last edited by streetman; 11-23-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    So you're going to keep a possible crappy and worthless product instead of getting a refund? Also, it's a sad state of affairs when we're all preferring to turn to ebay in hopes of getting a product that isn't totally damaged.
    The thing is, a refund isn't the point here. Money has never been an option to me when it came to this band/musician/etc. because -- up until this past year -- I always felt like I was getting my money's worth, no matter what I was paying for.

What I'd like is for fans like yourself and others who are getting shafted on merchandise to get what they paid for in one piece, from an entity that seems to have less and less respect for their fanbase when it comes to their merchandise. It would be nice to see Kraw the art director not be a complete dick to people who reach out to him on social media about the vinyl reissue packages that were coming apart, or TR to at least give some kind of "hey, I'm sorry we keep fucking this up" statement instead of ignoring the groundswell of complaints he himself has received and have some kind of hand in the quality control of his official store. So far, it's just been "Here's more stuff you can buy" that turns out to not be limited, exclusive or properly shipped out once the store already has your money in hand.

So yea, as a life-long hardcore fan, it's sad to see. And it keeps happening. Take some measure of accountability and employ some quality control here, so that fans like you and me don't have to throw up our hands and resort to the third-party option just to get our hands on stuff we're willing to pay money for..

That's all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    The thing is, a refund isn't the point here. Money has never been an option to me when it came to this band/musician/etc. because -- up until this past year -- I always felt like I was getting my money's worth, no matter what I was paying for.

What I'd like is for fans like yourself and others who are getting shafted on merchandise to get what they paid for in one piece, from an entity that seems to have less and less respect for their fanbase when it comes to their merchandise. It would be nice to see Kraw the art director not be a complete dick to people who reach out to him on social media about the vinyl reissue packages that were coming apart, or TR to at least give some kind of "hey, I'm sorry we keep fucking this up" statement instead of ignoring the groundswell of complaints he himself has received and have some kind of hand in the quality control of his official store. So far, it's just been "Here's more stuff you can buy" that turns out to not be limited, exclusive or properly shipped out once the store already has your money in hand.

So yea, as a life-long hardcore fan, it's sad to see. And it keeps happening. Take some measure of accountability and employ some quality control here, so that fans like you and me don't have to throw up our hands and resort to the third-party option just to get our hands on stuff we're willing to pay money for..

That's all.
    What on earth? I would much rather have the poster than the money. That's why I paid for it in the first place. That's not the point. The point is the poster arriving like crushed paper towel. How would accepting that help anything? Accepting that would do a disservice to not only the purchaser but the store itself which needs serious improvement or needs to be overhauled completely.