Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think it's kind of lame that all of the good mask labels are in the expansion pack that sold out in a couple of hours. The base ones seem to be inside references, mostly. What does FIXED mean to people outside of the NIN fanbase? And I definitely wouldn't want to wear RESISTANT or COMPLIANT, because on a mask, they both seem like sarcastic digs against wearing masks.
    Last edited by zecho; 01-15-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I think it's kind of lame that all of the good mask labels are in the expansion pack that sold out in a couple of hours. The base ones seem to be inside references, mostly. What does FIXED mean to people outside of the NIN fanbase? And I definitely wouldn't want to wear RESISTANT or COMPLIANT, because on a mask, they both seem like sarcastic digs against wearing masks.
    I have a pile of labels and no mask (yet) to which to affix them. If that doesn't get remedied, there may be a number of them being offered up for sale. In fact, I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen any of the NIN store product the few times I've searched on eBay.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    And I definitely wouldn't want to wear RESISTANT or COMPLIANT
    Funny enough, today was my first day joining what my job calls the "Social Distancing Team" who are basically normal employees who get to rotate off their normal job to walk around the facility making sure people are complying with distancing and masking (as well as help facilitate our on-site covid testing setup) so I brought my COMPLIANT patch in to throw on once I got started with that (wear the NIN logo on it most of the time, people at work actually know me as "the NIN guy" which I am all for). I did it as a bit of a nerdy tongue-in-cheek thing but got a lot of compliments. Made the day easier, too. Instead of having to try to yell over everything I could just make eye contact and tap on it.

And while I know Leviathant said the discussion is over, I gotta chime in real quick with a quick comment: unless you have worked at a giant fulfillment facility for an online store during this pandemic, you don't fucking know what we've been dealing with. It's certainly not "the 90's" anymore, and Bezos can suck my entire cock. While I agree that the NIN store should have better customer service reps, the attitude toward these workers (from warehouse to distribution to delivery) is abhorrent.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Got a mask today so thanks to everyone who made that possible at the NIN warehouse. Can't wait to wear it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    One thing to keep in mind is that the complaints are always going to be posted and the good experiences won’t be, which leaves one with the impression that the store is always fucking up. The truth is that out of thousands of orders dozens of people are having a hard time. And that sucks bad, but I don’t think it actually means the NIN store is always screwing up orders. Over the past five years, I haven’t had one order not show up, not one has been messed up in any way. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be pissed if yours was, by all means, I’d be mad too. But I’m saying the truth is probably that the store is doing fine and we are getting a really skewed perspective here, which is just the nature of things. NIN is no Amazon with their delivery times, but no one is. They are a globe-dominating hell beast.

overall, if anyone at the store ever reads this, I’d just say thanks. Thanks for getting us cool shit, even in the middle of a pandemic, and doing it right most of the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that the complaints are always going to be posted and the good experiences won’t be, which leaves one with the impression that the store is always fucking up. The truth is that out of thousands of orders dozens of people are having a hard time. And that sucks bad, but I don’t think it actually means the NIN store is always screwing up orders. Over the past five years, I haven’t had one order not show up, not one has been messed up in any way. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be pissed if yours was, by all means, I’d be mad too. But I’m saying the truth is probably that the store is doing fine and we are getting a really skewed perspective here, which is just the nature of things. NIN is no Amazon with their delivery times, but no one is. They are a globe-dominating hell beast.

overall, if anyone at the store ever reads this, I’d just say thanks. Thanks for getting us cool shit, even in the middle of a pandemic, and doing it right most of the time.

You make a good point here so because of you bringing this up, I gotta share my experience. Generally its been decent and of course theres been hiccups with the packaging at times. The shipping part has always kind of sucked. I can't remember a time I got any item in a timely fashion but hey, better late then never huh?

I'm not going to be too sour about NIN.com merch especially because we are in the middle of a pandemic but that aside, ordering from there does have it's issues.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    You make a good point here so because of you bringing this up, I gotta share my experience. Generally its been decent and of course theres been hiccups with the packaging at times. The shipping part has always kind of sucked. I can't remember a time I got any item in a timely fashion but hey, better late then never huh?

I'm not going to be too sour about NIN.com merch especially because we are in the middle of a pandemic but that aside, ordering from there does have it's issues.
    Yes, I would agree that I have had maybe one or two orders over the years delivered in what I would call a "timely" manner. But I might also add, this is kind of on-brand at this point? lol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    To @Max 's point, I have not personally had a truly bad experience with the current (LiveNation) NIN store, if memory servers correct. Though I didn't order any of the R&R HoF shirts, the mask, or it's expansion pack. I did, however, order both Quake and The Social Network vinyls and received both (the actual items I ordered, not two copies of one or the other) in a timely manner, and without issue.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-16-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I've actually not had a bad experience with any iteration of the NIN store. I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I'M just fucking pissed that i didn't get to order the effing gd maskie.

I didn't have a tablet that week, or some shit.

So, if anyone got an extra that they wanna sell, hit me up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, my turn:

I've usually had positive experiences ordering from the NIN store. I seem to remember Deviations and Not the Actual Events LPs taking a while, but they were in good shape when they came, so no complaints.

However, I'm pretty disappointed to say that I ordered The Social Network LP back in September or October, and it arrived shortly after looking well-packaged and mint. And because of this specific-albums-and-specific-seasons neurosis that I suffer from, I shelved it still wrapped in plastic until I could listen to it on a snowy day.

Turns out there's a big welt / ridge on Side A (made my stylus actually jump!) that makes In Motion unlistenable. And on Side B, there's a hole in the same spot. I reached out to the help desk and put in a ticket on New Years Eve after I finally opened it and only got the automated response back a week later that they were swamped with queries, etc. In the message, I told them the sleeve was mint, but after looking again today, I notice a minor scrape / puncture in the same spot on the sleeve. Maybe it happened in transit? Weird that it's minor / barely visible on the sleeve but pretty major on the actual wax. It's like someone took a ski pole to the disc in that one spot.

Anyway, I know the return policy is 30 days after receiving, but has anyone had luck returning / replacing something after that window? It's just frustrating because it's such an excellent score and amazing pressing overall, and one of the few I don't own on vinyl (just got Birdbox delivered today!). It also cost like 80 bucks or something by the time it got here to Toronto. One of the most expensive LPs I own, but I knew it would be worth it in sound / presentation, especially after all the rave reviews here. Unfortunately, I can't really imagine listening to it as is. Big lesson learned here on inspecting vinyl on arrival, even when it looks perfect on the outside.

If anyone has any suggestions on possible next steps on getting a replacement Disc 1, I'd be super grateful. Thanks in advance.

(And if this seems an opportunistic use of the forum, it is kinda I guess. But... I've been coming here almost daily for music recommendations since pre-WT hype, and political therapy since about fall 2016. I figure, if it takes a busted record to get me to start using the internet like a normal person, I can accept the initial bad optics).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm a little confused as to why some of the recent releases haven't been available with digital downloads, mainly because I always go for the hi-res files. I think the test will be if the next DE releases (Year Zero and The Slip) have them or not. I can see why some of the soundtrack work they do might not be able to get released directly by NIN (Watchman wasn't, Soul since it's Disney). Still don't understand why Quake didn't have a download, maybe rights issues? Bandcamp is great, love the simplicity of ordering for format selection, but they don't usually offer hi-res versions.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Bandcamp is great, love the simplicity of ordering for format selection, but they don't usually offer hi-res versions.
    au, contraire! bandcamp requires all uploads to be WAV (or AIFF) at a minimum of 16-bit / 44.1kHz, and you have a choice of virtually any format when you download - WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3-320, MP3V0, & OGG VORBIS (whatever the fuck that is).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm a little confused as to why some of the recent releases haven't been available with digital downloads, mainly because I always go for the hi-res files. I think the test will be if the next DE releases (Year Zero and The Slip) have them or not. I can see why some of the soundtrack work they do might not be able to get released directly by NIN (Watchman wasn't, Soul since it's Disney). Still don't understand why Quake didn't have a download, maybe rights issues? Bandcamp is great, love the simplicity of ordering for format selection, but they don't usually offer hi-res versions.
    I've never puchased something from bandcamp that wasn't at least FLAC 16/44. Artists like Aleksi Perala often push out 24/192 but they specify it. Whether or not it's gonna be higher res than 16/44 is a gamble if the artist doesn't say explicitly in the description though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah I'd say more than 75% of the stuff I've downloaded was greater than 16/44.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah I'd say more than 75% of the stuff I've downloaded was greater than 16/44.
    Same for me. 16/44 was a rarity if anything.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    uhh, so I just received a shipping notice this morning, for the Quake/TSN vinyl's that I received in the mail a couple months ago...wonder if I have another set coming my way?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    anyone looking to get rid of a R+R HOF shirt? any sizes/ designs welcome; just DM me; willing to make it worth your while

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So a friend of mine originally ordered the Social Network on wax and was sent QUAKE...he was able to reach out to CS and get things settled, or so he thought. Fast forward to today and he now has three copies of The Social Network and three copies of QUAKE. They keep sending him records even after emailing them to let them know about their mistake. LN really needs to get their shit together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A mask has finally popped up on eBay with an asking price of Ł80. I think I’ll pass and just admit I’ve missed the boat on these ones!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Mariqueen recently posted her Mask set on her IG. Perhaps a 2nd run is in the works?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Can you order from the UK store to the US? I know this has probably been asked before.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Can you order from the UK store to the US? I know this has probably been asked before.
    Yes indeedy! I have ordered and received stuff from them myself. Use your normal US dtore login too.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just got a shipping notification from Gnarlywood/UPS. Was there a shirt that was due to be released at a later time? I seem to recall that but I don't remember specifically which shirt it was.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Probably nothing of note, but Bullmoose has Hesitation Marks listed as a pre-order on their site with a release date of 06-25. First time it's been available for purchase outside of the NIN store in a good number of years. Didn't have it in my collection and got it on nin.com last summer.

Wondering if this could lead to more vinyl production soon and maybe an eventual release of The Slip and Year Zero that's been teased for years now at this point?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Probably nothing of note, but Bullmoose has Hesitation Marks listed as a pre-order on their site with a release date of 06-25.
    Two things:
    1. That is a new hype sticker (assuming the mockup is accurate to the eventual physical product) based off the one found on the original release.
    2. The UPC listed on Bullmoose does not match the previous US release.

This *may* be a new edition...
    Last edited by cdm; 05-14-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Here it is on Amazon US:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09422NM4T/

It's listed as coming out under Sony's 'Legacy' imprint, which might also suggest that it's a new edition.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Here it is on Amazon US:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09422NM4T/

It's listed as coming out under Sony's 'Legacy' imprint, which might also suggest that it's a new edition.
    Ordered! Thanks @Tom and @thefragile_jake

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Hesitation Marks vinyl cover is the ugliest of all the covers. I prefer the 14 track digital cover or even the 2CD deluxe edition cover. I kinda wish Trent picked one cover and stuck with it for HM. You got multiple different cover art, some turned sideways or flipped for specific formats. All these random cover variations hurts the album having an identity, in my opinion. Your album becomes Pokémon. It just feels like such a consumerist/label move to put out multiple covers.

"Hey, your hardcore fans will have to buy them all," said the head label cigar smoking man while twirling his mustache.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-14-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The Hesitation Marks vinyl cover is the ugliest of all the covers. I prefer the 14 track digital cover or even the 2CD deluxe edition cover. I kinda wish Trent picked one cover and stuck with it for HM. You got multiple different cover art, some turned sideways or flipped for specific formats. All these random cover variations hurts the album having an identity, in my opinion. Your album becomes Pokémon. It just feels like such a consumerist/label move to put out multiple covers.

"Hey, your hardcore fans will have to buy them all," said the head label cigar smoking man while twirling his mustache.
    I agree. I think the standard digital cover (with match sticks on the left side) is the definitive cover for HM (it's certainly my favorite), but I did also like the Deluxe Edition CD cover (with the Palaroid), which reminded me a lot of TDS. The iTunes Deluxe Edition cover with the fishing lures was pretty cool, too. But I never really liked the regular CD cover (with microscope slides) or the vinyl cover (agreed that it's the least appealing one).