Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ordered AV vinyl and shipping to NJ was $6.45. They did, however, charge me $1.82 for taxes. Never had that before.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I got an AV vinyl!!! Woohoo!!!!

I also communicated with them and my displeasure of missing out on them. The emailed me back to tell me that they were live and to go grab one. These guys are already killing it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willgaspari View Post
    I was able to pick up the AV vinyl at my local record shop, just north of Toronto. In fact, they had all 6 of the available titles in stock:

AV: $24.99
    NTAE: $23.99
    TDS: $39.99
    Broken $29.99
    TF: $49.99
    Deviations $99.99
    and CD copies of NTAE for $8.99.

Prices are in Canadian dollars, so after exchange rates are considered, it pretty much evens out. No ridiculous shipping fees. No 7-10 day wait. All copies were pristine, not a bent spine or cracked corner in the lot.
    Which store?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    No. Just no.

Physical component #3, perhaps, but otherwise, I'm buying these vinyls in a physical record store. And every time I go buy a new one, I can flip through the vinyls, and be traumatised by the price they're selling Deviations 1 for, and the extremely unlimited number they have in stock.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Managed to nab the AV vinyl and the tan-colored Add Violence tee that I've been eyeballing. Still saving my discount code for the new releases if they're available before it expires, though. Because I already know I won't have a single problem buying one (or two) of everything, that's when I'm gonna need it. Can't wait! This new store setup seems very promising two days in.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Saw this on the support page

How will my vinyl be shipped?

We appreciate that fans want to receive their vinyl in pristine condition. We ship all vinyl in specialized mailers that prevent the record from moving during shipping, and also ensure that the corners will not be smashed.

If for any reason you receive a vinyl shipment that isn't in mint condition, please let us know immediately and we will make it right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Which store?
    Sunrise Records at Vaughan Mills Mall.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    When I ordered the poster and stickers yesterday, the AV vinyl was sold out. So I just placed another order with the NIN store for no other reason than to hopefully get the slipmat. I am a super-avid Prime user, and almost bought it off of Amazon. But nah, I'll pay this stupid shipping charge instead.

Why am I like this?

Emotional masochism via store.nin.com purchases is my biggest fetish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have to say I'm not impressed that I can't buy a tour poster for a show I went to and the poster wasn't available at.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    Have to say I'm not impressed that I can't buy a tour poster for a show I went to and the poster wasn't available at.
    You'll be able to, just at twice the price or more next month on eBay.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    When I ordered the poster and stickers yesterday, the AV vinyl was sold out. So I just placed another order with the NIN store for no other reason than to hopefully get the slipmat. I am a super-avid Prime user, and almost bought it off of Amazon. But nah, I'll pay this stupid shipping charge instead.

Why am I like this?

My process today:

1. On the clock, leave work to go downtown to pick up the AV vinyl, to have it immediately and for a couple bucks cheaper.
    2. During lunch break, order another copy the minute I see they're no longer sold out.
    3. ???
    4. Profit (for someone else)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was able to pick up the AV vinyl at my local record shop, just north of Toronto. In fact, they had all 6 of the available titles in stock:

AV: $24.99
    NTAE: $23.99
    TDS: $39.99
    Broken $29.99
    TF: $49.99
    Deviations $99.99
    and CD copies of NTAE for $8.99.

Prices are in Canadian dollars, so after exchange rates are considered, it pretty much evens out. No ridiculous shipping fees. No 7-10 day wait. All copies were pristine, not a bent spine or cracked corner in the lot.
    Which store did you go to? I wanna do the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Why am I like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    My process today:

1. On the clock, leave work to go downtown to pick up the AV vinyl, to have it immediately and for a couple bucks cheaper.
    2. During lunch break, order another copy the minute I see they're no longer sold out.
    3. ???
    4. Profit (for someone else)
    Yep. I bought NTAE CD and Add Violence EP at the local record store yesterday after I saw it was sold out in the NIN store. Last night saw A.V. was back in stock and ordered it so I could get the slipmat. I am on my way to the local record store to return the unopened record....impatient and gullible I guess!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Oh, I'm completely down with just having two copies and one unopened. Depending on how the next few days pan out I may even go get an extra Deviations 1 and NTAE (if I see one with lots of powder. That design gimmick is cool as fuck to me, heh). I considered taking back the other one, but it was $20 and immediately available so I just bit the bullet and ordered another one anyway for the slipmat. In all honesty, I'd probably pay $20 for the mat on eBay anyway, so at least this way I can support the band directly and get an extra copy of AV for the hell of it.

Edit: Crazy to see that it's out of stock on the website again.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-18-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Which store did you go to? I wanna do the same.
    Sunrise Records at Vaughan Mills Mall. I've edited the OP to include this info. Having said that, you might find them for a few bucks cheaper in any of the Queen Street record shops.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Something I'm really interested in hearing is if anyone who purchased faster shipping actually gets things faster now -- I remember that being a big part of Sandbag's failures, in that anyone who paid for something like 2-day air mail still got it at the standard media rate. The shipping costs are hard for me to justify when I'm buying something through standard delivery but if express actually works now, I'd feel fine paying a couple bucks extra for it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Sunrise Records at Vaughan Mills Mall. I've edited the OP to include this info. Having said that, you might find them for a few bucks cheaper in any of the Queen Street record shops.
    Rotate This on Ossington Ave. also had most of the vinyl, priced maybe a couple bucks cheaper, for all you West End Toronto hipsters...
    Last edited by botley; 11-19-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone elses 25% discount code work twice??? Mine did, Used it once when they first sent it to me over the summer and i just Picked up some vinyls made available again with the revamp so i gave the code another shot and to my surprise it worked again! Glad i saved the email. I'm definitely gunna keep using it until its denied. Maybe it worked again because he's using a new company??? heres hoping the third time is a charm. Keeping my fingers crossed for the final installment of the trilogy to drop by christmas so i can use it then

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Heads up for UK/EU folks. UK NIN store is now stocking Add Violence vinyl EP + slipmat + also Limited Sacramento poster (one design)
    Add Violence is here (link to UK NIN store)

Limited Sacramento Poster link is here (UK Store)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My order arrived today (5 days from order to delivery) Everything was packaged well. Nothing arrived damaged. Tracking # was provided as soon as it shipped. Only downside, was that shipping was kind of expensive. BUT, everything was done right, so I really don't mind paying more for shipping. This new distributor does customer service the right way. Kudos to Live Nation. p.s. they even include a packing slip, so you know what order you're receiving

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I made 2 orders so far the first on the 16th. I know I picked the cheapest shipping bit figured they would at least take it to the post office by now.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    In case anyone hasn't noticed, the EP is back in stock. Just got it. Looks like the slipmats are still available, too.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Ordered shirts, vinyl, & the overall tour poster and it delivered today in two separate parcels. The vinyl box had a ding in the corner, but the way it was packaged allowed the inner vinyl to remain undamaged. So, one point for Live Nation.

However, the poster tube had a significant ding that bent the tube (like a much heavier box dropped on top or someone was using the tube as a sword). Inside the tube, the poster was wrapped with brown paper - but once unraveled it was creased/bent all along the right edge of the poster. Since the poster is sold out, I'm guessing they'll offer a refund.

Sigh.

*edit* Sent pics and they sent the refund not 5 minutes later.

Now, does anyone know of any tricks to smooth out dents/creases on cotton rag paper?
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 11-22-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, looks like the posters are arriving and it's sandbag all over again:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...i_ordered_and/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Well, looks like the posters are arriving and it's sandbag all over again:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...i_ordered_and/
    That guy is a known troll, best to disregard any bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sipuss View Post
    That guy is a known troll, best to disregard any bullshit that comes out of his mouth.
    Same to all of the problems listed here, except my tube was in perfect condition.
    Poster was less rolled and more folded into the tube, big creases (which if you know paper, once there is a crease, the fibers are broken, it will not go away), edges and corners were all scuffed up from being shoved into the tube, and marks all over the back of the paper from the inside of the tube because they didn't think for a second to maybe put the poster in a plastic bag before shoving it in there.
    Like, it's not AS BAD as Deviations, BY FAR. Still, for as expensive (and beautiful) as the poster was, I would have liked a bit more care to have been taking in rolling and packing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Inside the tube, the poster was wrapped with brown paper - but once unraveled it was creased/bent all along the right edge of the poster. Since the poster is sold out, I'm guessing they'll offer a refund.

Sigh.

No brown paper for me, poster was up against the tube.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sipuss View Post
    Looks like another user has the same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._considerable/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Same to all of the problems listed here, except my tube was in perfect condition.
    Poster was less rolled and more folded into the tube, big creases (which if you know paper, once there is a crease, the fibers are broken, it will not go away), edges and corners were all scuffed up from being shoved into the tube, and marks all over the back of the paper from the inside of the tube because they didn't think for a second to maybe put the poster in a plastic bag before shoving it in there.
    Like, it's not AS BAD as Deviations, BY FAR. Still, for as expensive (and beautiful) as the poster was, I would have liked a bit more care to have been taking in rolling and packing it.

No brown paper for me, poster was up against the tube.
    How in the world would they just stuff the poster in the packing tube??????????????????????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I made 2 orders so far the first on the 16th. I know I picked the cheapest shipping bit figured they would at least take it to the post office by now.
    So I got today not update for the tracking number between pre shipment and arriving at the post office. Gonna open it latter.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    How in the world would they just stuff the poster in the packing tube??????????????????????

I don't know if I want to bother them about it, at least until after flattening is done and I see how it looks then.