Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I just got a notification today that my delivery date has been moved from Thursday, June 21st to Monday, June 25th. Does this suck, of course it does. Does it really matter, to me, not really.

That being said, I don't know the logistics, but if an album is said to be released on June 22nd, why not start to go to press earlier? Why not have thing pre-prepped ahead of time?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    If I just wanted the record, I'd be picking it up at Shangri-La or Goner Records this Friday, but I dug that t-shirt a lot so online preorder it was! I got the vibe from last year with Add Violence that it's NIN's intention for us to get this first before anywhere else, but shit happens at the online stores. All Livenation cares about is getting paid and you'll get it when it's convenient for them.
    Yeah, its a shame really. I don't know the last time i had a good experience buying from the NIN store. Every time, something different happened. ALTHOUGH, I will say, I ordered something from KingsRoadMerch recently, and they were no better. A lot of these merch companies are smaller and that gives reason for the lack of customer service, but NIN goes through LiveNation! It doesnt get bigger than that.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Also, on top of not getting my Bad Witch LP from the NIN store yet, I still have yet to receive a shipping notification for the special edition colored vinyl from the spotify sale.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Also, on top of not getting my Bad Witch LP from the NIN store yet, I still have yet to receive a shipping notification for the special edition colored vinyl from the spotify sale.
    same here....or my Australian version that comes with a signed postcard....or my Amazon order. shit, I have 4 copies of this album on order. :|

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Received nin.com notification, UPS est delivery Monday 25Jun.
    Rough Trade notification (for the CD) USPS - no est delivery.
    JB - no info yet
    Spotify white vinyl - no info yet

Bitching level here - zero. Why? because if I wanted it on Friday I'd go and pick it up in the city at one of the cool ass record shops in Wicker Park. I ordered from these places as I wanted to get the extra cool shit only available through them like the signed post card and cool ass messenger bag. I wanted my order from nin.com because that is the actual best support for nin. Anyway, I'm super stoked to listen to this record. I am completely avoiding the "leak" I don't want to ruin the initial experience on my turntable.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What is with this piece of shit store? Why is it impossible for the NIN store to just work and be a pleasant experience? For no reason, my credit card that is perfectly valid and has more than 97% of its available balance free and which I used with no problem whatsoever to make a purchase from Amazon and then another from Bandcamp shortly before attempting to make a purchase on the NIN store has been rejected seven times and counting from the NIN store with no reason given other than "Card was declined."

It's like everything in the universe since the bullshit with Sandbag is telling me to never give Trent my money directly again and I'm starting to think that's the right call.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    ...attempting to make a purchase on the NIN store has been rejected seven times and counting from the NIN store with no reason given other than "Card was declined."

It's like everything in the universe since the bullshit with Sandbag is telling me to never give Trent my money directly again and I'm starting to think that's the right call.
    One thing that's been constant between the stores is the platform they're on, Shopify, which does a lot of basic things well, but also comes with a lot of limitations, and still has issues to work out. I don't really think there's a particularly good alternative to Shopify for Livenation's business model (or any label's business model, considering the margins).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need the download link to work already, sheeeeeeeit

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm kind of surprised there's no early release for the download considering it's leaking all over the place and people are receiving their vinyl copies.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    What is with this piece of shit store? Why is it impossible for the NIN store to just work and be a pleasant experience? For no reason, my credit card that is perfectly valid and has more than 97% of its available balance free and which I used with no problem whatsoever to make a purchase from Amazon and then another from Bandcamp shortly before attempting to make a purchase on the NIN store has been rejected seven times and counting from the NIN store with no reason given other than "Card was declined."

I'm not trolling here, (not my best opening...) But how the fuck are you a front end developer but can't complete an online purchase on nin.com? Then come here and bitch? Manbaby much? Look "bro" if you need help reach out to tech support, they want your cash, it's as green as everyone else's. Justsayin'

PS, my wife thinks I'm being a tad harsh here, BUT... Comon' man, let's get it together.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I'm not trolling here, (not my best opening...) But how the fuck are you a front end developer but can't complete an online purchase on nin.com? Then come here and bitch? Manbaby much? Look "bro" if you need help reach out to tech support, they want your cash, it's as green as everyone else's. Justsayin'

PS, my wife thinks I'm being a tad harsh here, BUT... Comon' man, let's get it together.
    That's not how one deescalates a hot conversation, @nmitchell86 .

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Does anyone else have a feeling these white versions of BW don't actually exist?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    I need the download link to work already, sheeeeeeeit
    Just steal it, you paid for it, Trent’s fine with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    But how the fuck are you a front end developer but can't complete an online purchase on nin.com? Then come here and bitch?
    The keyword here is nin.com. And you have no idea how it feels, man. Got that card declined glitch once on the day of the BW announcement, upon my first pre-order attempt. Had it happened two times in a row, let alone seven, my ETS bitchfit would have been quite a sight, I assure you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

jesus, try some empathy. how frustrated would you be if you were in that position? is it really easier for you to act like a dick than be like "oh, man, that sucks! hope you get it to work!"? what kind of crusade are you on to make someone who's already frustrated feel even more like shit?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That's not how one deescalates a hot conversation, @nmitchell86 .
    Sorry.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    jesus, try some empathy. how frustrated would you be if you were in that position? is it really easier for you to act like a dick than be like "oh, man, that sucks! hope you get it to work!"? what kind of crusade are you on to make someone who's already frustrated feel even more like shit?
    You're absolutely right.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 06-22-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @klyrish I appoligize. Sorry for being a dickhead towards you in my post. I do hope you get yourself a copy of the new record from a source that works best for you. No hard feelings.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Does anyone else have a feeling these white versions of BW don't actually exist?
    I actually thought about this. But if that was the case, it would be a straight SCAM and I dont think that would really be possible. I literally in all my years of buying vinyl have never come across a variant that people paid for that didnt exist.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    same here....or my Australian version that comes with a signed postcard....or my Amazon order. shit, I have 4 copies of this album on order. :|
    I never got a shipping notification from JB either, but I just checked the status on their site and it says shipped!

No tracking info, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    For the white vinyl :

Estimated Delivery:Item will ship on or around June 22, 2018 (from ship date)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I never got a shipping notification from JB either, but I just checked the status on their site and it says shipped!

No tracking info, unfortunately.
    Same. Hopefully it arrives somewhat soon. I'm not sure how long it takes to ship things from australia.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Someone in a FB collecting group ordered the bundle of stuff. It arrived already, but they received the Add Violence vinyl instead of Bad Witch. Is this happening with other folks?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    One thing that's been constant between the stores is the platform they're on, Shopify, which does a lot of basic things well, but also comes with a lot of limitations, and still has issues to work out. I don't really think there's a particularly good alternative to Shopify for Livenation's business model (or any label's business model, considering the margins).
    I did some Googling about it and the generic "Card was declined" message seems to more common than it should be with Shopify. Although that turned out to not be my issue, it's quite frustrating indeed.

Not quite as frustrating as this:

So helpful and clearly you understand web development incredibly well. You're absolutely right: as a front end developer, I not only should have been able to "complete an online purchase" that I have 0 control over besides filling a cart, entering payment information, and submitting the billing data to a remote server, but I also have a skeleton key that gives me access to every single website on Earth--the source code, databases, and anything else that I might need to fix any problem with the website. Instead of being pissed at another shitty experience with the NIN store, I should've just logged into it and manually fixed it since that's how being a developer works.

What actually happened is my awful bank (USBank) put a hold on my credit card due to "suspicious activity." Since I regularly order from both Bandcamp and Amazon, making a purchase from each yesterday was highly unusual and I needed to be protected from myself. And it was such a serious compromise to my safety that they couldn't be bothered to call, text, email, or put an alert on the desktop website or mobile app when logging into my account--despite being enrolled in text, calls, and email alerts for these types of things.

It took three calls this morning to get the block removed and my purchase on the NIN store went through moments ago.

Sorry for being upset about something totally out of my control instead of remembering I have access to every site in the world and fixing the problem myself. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to log into CNN, Amazon, Microsoft, Berkshire Hathaway, and even ETS here to perform some routine front end maintenance. And that's just the stuff I'm aware of. I'm sure as I'm traveling along the internet today I'll come across other CSS and JS bugs I'll need to fix while I'm there visiting because, again, that's how being a web developer works.
    Last edited by klyrish; 06-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Glad I didn't buy anything from the store since NTAE, while things seem better it still seems like a shitshow. Yikes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've had no issues with the store, even going back to the sandbag days. Except shipping is way too expensive.

I probably won't get my package until the end of next week because it is coming across the border and didn't ship until yesterday but since I already have the music, just waiting on the rest of the physical stuff doesn't seem like a big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been a long time lurker on this board and I've decided to register and post because I know TR skims these from time to time. I wish his website would offer shipping through someone other than UPS, especially for international orders (I'm in Canada). They charge bullshit "brokerage" fees. Charging for filling out paperwork? That's your JOB, the shipper PAID FOR THAT, if you don't charge enough for someone to do that CHARGE THE SHIPPER THE ACTUAL COST. I'm positive they only do that to look artificially cheaper. Assholes.

Also, Livenation decided to put a $800 value on my Bad Witch deluxe bundle + Vietnam soundtrack, so now I'm stuck paying 2.5x the taxes, unless I can get Livenation to understand that it's their fuckup. I'm not looking hopeful as this is the canned response I got from them:

"Unfortunately, international orders can be tricky due to customs. Sometimes customs will charge a fee on packages and we don't have any control over it. I sincerely apologize! We appreciate your support for the band!"

Morons.

Thanks for reading about my frustrations. Continue on with your day of being outraged at problems much more serious than mine.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Continue on with your day of being outraged at problems much more serious than mine.
    Yours seems pretty serious. That customs bullshit would be infuriating! Can you reject it or show the receipt for the order when attempting to pick it up to confirm the value is far lower than what was marked or are you screwed because that value is on the official paperwork?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I've been a long time lurker on this board and I've decided to register and post because I know TR skims these from time to time. I wish his website would offer shipping through someone other than UPS, especially for international orders (I'm in Canada). They charge bullshit "brokerage" fees. Charging for filling out paperwork? That's your JOB, the shipper PAID FOR THAT, if you don't charge enough for someone to do that CHARGE THE SHIPPER THE ACTUAL COST. I'm positive they only do that to look artificially cheaper. Assholes.

Also, Livenation decided to put a $800 value on my Bad Witch deluxe bundle + Vietnam soundtrack, so now I'm stuck paying 2.5x the taxes, unless I can get Livenation to understand that it's their fuckup. I'm not looking hopeful as this is the canned response I got from them:

"Unfortunately, international orders can be tricky due to customs. Sometimes customs will charge a fee on packages and we don't have any control over it. I sincerely apologize! We appreciate your support for the band!"

Morons.

Thanks for reading about my frustrations. Continue on with your day of being outraged at problems much more serious than mine.

Well that sucks. What a bunch of BS (from them, not you). I order quite frequently from NIN.com and have never been charged customs or any brokerage fees (that I can recall).

And strangely enough, my Bad Witch deluxe package says on the UPS site that it has been transferred to USPS for shipping and delivery, which is good news for me because that means it'll go thru Canada Post, who I hate way less than UPS/DHL/FedEx.
    Mainly because USPS/Canada Post tend to avoid pre clearance for customs on ground delivery, meaning that it is highly unlikely I'll get any duty applied to my order. It'll be left up to customs and I'd say they only review and apply duty to 1/3 packages I order from the USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yours seems pretty serious.
    Not compared to creeping fascism around the world.

I could reject it, but all that would get me is a refund, and I'd like the stuff I ordered.

UPS wants Livenation to send them a new invoice. Me having one doesn't mean anything. Livenation is ignoring me so far.

Really I'm throwing a hissy for being overcharged $25 in taxes (which I'd like to not pay, but I bet I'll have to to get my order) + the $25 UPS brokerage fee, which I'll have to pay because UPS is the worst.