Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why is no one talking about the Reptile cassette single and Closure Laserdisc on the nin.com store - I happened to check the store tonight and there they were - is this some ARG crap?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Why is no one talking about the Reptile cassette single and Closure Laserdisc on the nin.com store - I happened to check the store tonight and there they were - is this some ARG crap?
    That track list... is that some sort of joke?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    20% OFF ALL APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES NOW THRU MONDAY
    IN ADDITION, WE RECENTLY DISCOVERED A FEW BOXES OF "VINTAGE" MEDIA HIDING IN THE WAREHOUSE THAT'S NOW AVAILABLE IN THE STORE. WHEN THEY'RE GONE THEY'RE GONE!
    well there's that

Fuck of course they're sold out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, what? Why would they put that up? And why now? (it's not April 1st) I think it's pretty safe to assume they're not real, but was anyone actually able to "order" either of them??

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    NINE INCH NAILS' REPTILE CASSINGLE FEATURING RARE MIXES AND LOST TRACKS.

TRACKLIST

SIDE A

01. REPTILE
    02. REPTILE (COLD)
    03. UNDERNEATH THE SKIN

SIDE B

01. JUST DO IT
    02. PLEASE
    ok yeah that's gotta be someone fucking around.

Or whoever bought it needs to rip it posthaste.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    No joke – I was listening to Zoo Station when I saw this because I hadn't heard it in a long time and the next song that played (on random) was Reptile (the awesome live version from And All That Could Have Been). That was strange in the best way possible. Well, at least I got a Broken R+R HoF shirt out of this!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-28-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So NIN have two songs called Please? Hopefully Reptile (Cold) is not Reptilian. I can't believe I missed this. This is the weirdest set of releases yet. I mean, I'm sure we would all buy Closure on Blu-ray. But I'm thinking this is some joke like that blue crap in a bag lol,

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'd give a lot to listen to "Just Do It"...they found items, nobody ever heard of before, in the warehouse?! Yeah sure. They have the same warehouse since 1997...let's hope it's a tease and we'll get downloads to the alt cut and the unknown songs...but the timing is strange. Why now?

PS: why are both items listed under "Clothing"?...
    Last edited by reznovka; 05-28-2021 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Okay so is this just a joke? I can't see anything in the UK store - sold-out or otherwise.
    Seeing Just Do It there suggests this is a prank of some sort. Made me look at the store anyway... maybe I will buy *another* Nine Inch Nails t-shirt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are the CDs new (I use the UK site which doesn't stock them)? Given Trent's dislike of them, it may be a joke about adding dead formats to the site?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    is that some sort of joke?
    Yes. Laserdisc and cassingle... can't believe you embryos take this shit seriously.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yes. Laserdisc and cassingle... can't believe you embryos take this shit seriously.
    It is less of a case of taking it seriously and more a case of what is the point? It is an official store. The blue Sunday stuff kind of made sense (I guess) due to the Watchmen stuff… I don’t know, just seems like an odd troll for your hardcore fans who are always waiting for stuff. It isn’t like we are dealing with Tenacious D or some joke band. These guys are usually pretty serious when it comes to the brand, so it just seems weird. Oh well, moving on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Could this be a tease for something related to the Downward Spiral era? Maybe Deviations 2.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    It is less of a case of taking it seriously and more a case of what is the point? It is an official store. The blue Sunday stuff kind of made sense (I guess) due to the Watchmen stuff… I don’t know, just seems like an odd troll for your hardcore fans who are always waiting for stuff. It isn’t like we are dealing with Tenacious D or some joke band. These guys are usually pretty serious when it comes to the brand, so it just seems weird.
    They are partnered with a record company that sells CDs and they (NIN) regard these as antiquated as cassingles and laserdiscs. That's the joke. The people who constantly bitch and moan about not being able to buy CDs are the ones being trolled and the rest of you are just suckers. I've now completely explained away the humour for you all, you're welcome.
    Last edited by botley; 05-28-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Guaranteed the "alternate cut" of Closure would just be the original cut but with all references and footage of Manson cut out..

As funny as this shit is -- like that time that one guy got trolled with a Saigon 1995 soundboard that turned out to be a bunch of white noise, lmao --- he could have suckered 98% of the fanbase in with a listing for a Tension 2013 blu-ray or a CD of Tapeworm demos and lost tracks, but I give him points for originality here..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They are partnered with a record company that sells CDs and they (NIN) regard these as antiquated as cassingles and laserdiscs. That's the joke. The people who constantly bitch and moan about not being able to buy CDs are the ones being trolled and the rest of you are just suckers. I've now completely explained away the humour for you all, you're welcome.
    This makes sense.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ...I still want the content... that's what I find odd about it. The LD is a good joke. Closure is available online. But "Just Do It"...maybe that's the point. Fans want unreleased stuff instead of enjoying what's already there...fuck...he got me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    like that time that one guy got trolled with a Saigon 1995 soundboard that turned out to be a bunch of white noise, lmao
    Hate to break it to you, but it wasn't ninlive that got trolled with that one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Had this been real, my hope would've been that the LD was the lost Simon Maxwell show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been asked before: do vinyl purchases come with a digital file download? I wanted to buy Watchmen Vol. 3, and if I remember correctly that purchase came with the download of the tracks that weren't on time for the vinyl (Lincoln Tunnel and Life on Mars).

Also, how good is shipping with Nin.com right now (I was going to choose standard shipping)? I'm assuming that free Amazon shipping would still be faster (based on the stories I've read in this board). Not that I'm on a hurry to get the stuff.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 05-28-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I imagine those "lost" items were just a way to poke fun at a Memorial Day sale. Seems like a lot of musicians are doing that this weekend (presumably to make up some lost revenue from the last year and change). Anyway, unless you're out some money from it, it's not really worth complaining about.

I bought The Slip CD/DVD combo. My local record store had a copy for $25 that I kept passing over, so it was nice to be able to get it cheaper.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This cassette and LaserDisc boom looks like a really nice way to grab attention to the store and help get rid of the actual stock (clothing, the slip and Ghost CDs).

Or they want to bring attention to nin.com because there will be a major update soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There were plans to release Closure on LD back in the day. There is a site called Laser Disc Database and Closure is on the site. The title was cancelled, but they even know the cat. number: LDVM6734.

Here you go. I found this page last year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Had this been real, my hope would've been that the LD was the lost Simon Maxwell show.
    Mother fucker Simon Maxwell!

He had 1 job, well, actually 2 if we take into consideration the HURT video. And he wasn't able to pull it off.

Besides I don't buy his story of returning to England and all the footage being gone...

That self destruct tour show video kicks ass. Of course I haven't seen it, but I know it kicks ass.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The Laserdisc containing an alternate cut does feel like a deliberate reference to the original concept for Closure. It would be pretty funny if these had been real products, though I can't imagine how you would even make a Laserdisc on any kind of scale in 2021. Doesn't seem like the kind of media that you can spin up a small-scale operation for.

Is the Reptile cassette art something we've already seen before? I wonder if that was actually going to be the single art if Interscope had played nice and released it.

Other than that...picking up a copy of The Slip might be fun to see what numbers they still have. Getting a low number from this random-ass sale feels like it'd be a pretty decent win, lol.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    Mother fucker Simon Maxwell!

He had 1 job, well, actually 2 if we take into consideration the HURT video. And he wasn't able to pull it off.

Besides I don't buy his story of returning to England and all the footage being gone...

That self destruct tour show video kicks ass. Of course I haven't seen it, but I know it kicks ass.
    The thing is, we HAVE seen some of it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The "Just Do It" bit was a cold hearted tease, especially when SOMEONE, @Harry Seaward , shows it to you out of context first thing in the fucking morning :/
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-28-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    the thing is, we have seen some of it.
    i want more!!!!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    You guys notice that the store is pretty...bare, in terms of shirts?
    And now they're having a sale?

I think something new is likely around the corner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    hmm, I jumped in on this sale. I was toying with the idea of getting a new copy of The Slip. Have only owned the Deluxe versions of Ghosts and GWTDT, so I snagged those as well. Hard to complain at $10!