Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    And I definitely wouldn't want to wear RESISTANT or COMPLIANT
    Funny enough, today was my first day joining what my job calls the "Social Distancing Team" who are basically normal employees who get to rotate off their normal job to walk around the facility making sure people are complying with distancing and masking (as well as help facilitate our on-site covid testing setup) so I brought my COMPLIANT patch in to throw on once I got started with that (wear the NIN logo on it most of the time, people at work actually know me as "the NIN guy" which I am all for). I did it as a bit of a nerdy tongue-in-cheek thing but got a lot of compliments. Made the day easier, too. Instead of having to try to yell over everything I could just make eye contact and tap on it.

And while I know Leviathant said the discussion is over, I gotta chime in real quick with a quick comment: unless you have worked at a giant fulfillment facility for an online store during this pandemic, you don't fucking know what we've been dealing with. It's certainly not "the 90's" anymore, and Bezos can suck my entire cock. While I agree that the NIN store should have better customer service reps, the attitude toward these workers (from warehouse to distribution to delivery) is abhorrent.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Got a mask today so thanks to everyone who made that possible at the NIN warehouse. Can't wait to wear it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    anyone looking to get rid of a R+R HOF shirt? any sizes/ designs welcome; just DM me; willing to make it worth your while

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So a friend of mine originally ordered the Social Network on wax and was sent QUAKE...he was able to reach out to CS and get things settled, or so he thought. Fast forward to today and he now has three copies of The Social Network and three copies of QUAKE. They keep sending him records even after emailing them to let them know about their mistake. LN really needs to get their shit together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A mask has finally popped up on eBay with an asking price of £80. I think I’ll pass and just admit I’ve missed the boat on these ones!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Mariqueen recently posted her Mask set on her IG. Perhaps a 2nd run is in the works?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Can you order from the UK store to the US? I know this has probably been asked before.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Can you order from the UK store to the US? I know this has probably been asked before.
    Yes indeedy! I have ordered and received stuff from them myself. Use your normal US dtore login too.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just got a shipping notification from Gnarlywood/UPS. Was there a shirt that was due to be released at a later time? I seem to recall that but I don't remember specifically which shirt it was.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Probably nothing of note, but Bullmoose has Hesitation Marks listed as a pre-order on their site with a release date of 06-25. First time it's been available for purchase outside of the NIN store in a good number of years. Didn't have it in my collection and got it on nin.com last summer.

Wondering if this could lead to more vinyl production soon and maybe an eventual release of The Slip and Year Zero that's been teased for years now at this point?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Probably nothing of note, but Bullmoose has Hesitation Marks listed as a pre-order on their site with a release date of 06-25.
    Two things:
    1. That is a new hype sticker (assuming the mockup is accurate to the eventual physical product) based off the one found on the original release.
    2. The UPC listed on Bullmoose does not match the previous US release.

This *may* be a new edition...
    Last edited by cdm; 05-14-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Here it is on Amazon US:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09422NM4T/

It's listed as coming out under Sony's 'Legacy' imprint, which might also suggest that it's a new edition.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Here it is on Amazon US:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09422NM4T/

It's listed as coming out under Sony's 'Legacy' imprint, which might also suggest that it's a new edition.
    Ordered! Thanks @Tom and @thefragile_jake

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Hesitation Marks vinyl cover is the ugliest of all the covers. I prefer the 14 track digital cover or even the 2CD deluxe edition cover. I kinda wish Trent picked one cover and stuck with it for HM. You got multiple different cover art, some turned sideways or flipped for specific formats. All these random cover variations hurts the album having an identity, in my opinion. Your album becomes Pokémon. It just feels like such a consumerist/label move to put out multiple covers.

"Hey, your hardcore fans will have to buy them all," said the head label cigar smoking man while twirling his mustache.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-14-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Since HM was released through Columbia (and since this is being released through Legacy as previously mentioned), I'm not sure that this is an indicator of any other Definitive Editions coming down the line soon. Probably just Sony going through the catalogs of its various labels and seeing what could sell as a reissue.

Agree on the art being unappealing for the vinyl. I think the digital cover was the best one of the batch, though the deluxe CD release cover isn't so bad either.

Feels like 2022 would be thematically appropriate for the Year Zero definitive, and I don't think Trent would skip over it just to release The Slip first. If we do get new DEs this year, maybe that elusive Still release he mentioned offhand in that one single interview four years ago...?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The Hesitation Marks vinyl cover is the ugliest of all the covers. I prefer the 14 track digital cover or even the 2CD deluxe edition cover. I kinda wish Trent picked one cover and stuck with it for HM. You got multiple different cover art, some turned sideways or flipped for specific formats. All these random cover variations hurts the album having an identity, in my opinion. Your album becomes Pokémon. It just feels like such a consumerist/label move to put out multiple covers.

"Hey, your hardcore fans will have to buy them all," said the head label cigar smoking man while twirling his mustache.
    I agree. I think the standard digital cover (with match sticks on the left side) is the definitive cover for HM (it's certainly my favorite), but I did also like the Deluxe Edition CD cover (with the Palaroid), which reminded me a lot of TDS. The iTunes Deluxe Edition cover with the fishing lures was pretty cool, too. But I never really liked the regular CD cover (with microscope slides) or the vinyl cover (agreed that it's the least appealing one).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think I liked the “audiophile” cover the best

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGobi View Post
    I think I liked the “audiophile” cover the best
    The audiophile one is similar to the standard 14 track digital one, just flipped on its side.

I prefer these and this one...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For some reason I always liked the flipped one, I dont exactly know why though

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The audiophile one is similar to the standard 14 track digital one, just flipped on its side.

I prefer these and this one...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGobi View Post
    For some reason I always liked the flipped one, I dont exactly know why though
    I like the digital ones cuz they kinda remind me a little of Meat Beat Manifesto's Actual Sounds + Voices...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Speaking of Amazon:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    SRC now also has the HM reissue for preorder. I wonder if the NIN store will have any stock - looks like HM isn't listed at all any more, for now at least.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Speaking of Amazon:

And of course they’ll kindly ship it to you loose in one of their standard bubble mailers…

If there’s any silver lining to Amazon’s recent refusal to acknowledge that different goods require different packaging, it’s that it provides yet another reason to buy direct from artists whenever possible…even when their fulfillment partners consistently find new ways to frustrate (it not enrage) their customers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    And of course they’ll kindly ship it to you loose in one of their standard bubble mailers…
    Any records that I've ordered from Amazon have come securely packaged in their boxes specifically designed for records. Never had a problem ordering vinyl from them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Any records that I've ordered from Amazon have come securely packaged in their boxes specifically designed for records. Never had a problem ordering vinyl from them.
    I agree their vinyl packaging has been top notch. Not Amazon's fault at all but my Soul vinyl had a big ol scratch in it I didn't notice until playing. It was sort of funny bc I wasn't sure at first if it was part of the track or not. Never know with those guys. 0.0 hesitation by Amazon, I had a replacement the next day before I had a chance to get the return to the post office.

That said NIN store has been super helpful with orders and packaging materials since the Deviations fiasco.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I agree their vinyl packaging has been top notch. Not Amazon's fault at all but my Soul vinyl had a big ol scratch in it I didn't notice until playing. It was sort of funny bc I wasn't sure at first if it was part of the track or not. Never know with those guys. 0.0 hesitation by Amazon, I had a replacement the next day before I had a chance to get the return to the post office.

That said NIN store has been super helpful with orders and packaging materials since the Deviations fiasco.
    I’m glad to hear my Amazon experiences aren’t universal, and it makes me wonder if there are issues specific to the distribution centers serving my area. Almost everything I order that can fit into a bubble envelope will arrive in one, which wasn’t always the case.

Anyway, apologies for dragging us OT with the rant…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Speaking of Amazon:

Does this version include the essay? Was that in all versions?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear78 View Post
    Does this version include the essay? Was that in all versions?
    Yes, it's included in all versions of the 2020 Definitive Edition, which is the one with the more glitchy cover art shown in that image.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post

they shipped me two TRAR Soul vinyls instead of one of each and I had the replacement in a matter of days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yes, it's included in all versions of the 2020 Definitive Edition, which is the one with the more glitchy cover art shown in that image.
    thanks!