Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1083

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So Iíve been thinking about ďWhat if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?Ē This week due to the digital downloads leaving the NIN store.

    Since 2008 (2007 if you count Niggy but thatís already put back out by Saul) thereís been some rare and now ďout of printĒ stuff digitally.

    Imagine:

    - Ghosts I-IV with individual track artwork
    - The Slip with individual track artwork
    - NINJA Tour Sampler (at least just the NINJA part)
    - Welcome Oblivion with individual track artwork
    - NIN Live 2013 EP (finally lossless)
    - NIN 2014 Remix EP (see above)
    - Any and all TR scores (used to be able to get TSN, GDT, Gone Girl lossless from NIN, letís bring that back)
    - (Related to above) Waves with individual track artwork (now that you canít get it on NIN.com)
    - Deviations! Maybe itís time to let this be a download? (Ha, no I donít see that happening. But you *could* put it on Bandcamp as the companion to vinyl sales of the record)
    - The trilogy and DEís of course
    - Old catalog lossless with high quality artwork.
    - Obscure remixes like Opal and the Clouser FDTS versions.
    - A Proper version of FDTS itself with a merged track listing? (And a vinyl component)
    - QUAKE.

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    So I’ve been thinking about “What if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?” This week due to the digital downloads leaving the NIN store.

    Since 2008 (2007 if you count Niggy but that’s already put back out by Saul) there’s been some rare and now “out of print” stuff digitally.

    Imagine:

    - Ghosts I-IV with individual track artwork
    - The Slip with individual track artwork
    - NINJA Tour Sampler (at least just the NINJA part)
    - Welcome Oblivion with individual track artwork
    - NIN Live 2013 EP (finally lossless)
    - NIN 2014 Remix EP (see above)
    - Any and all TR scores (used to be able to get TSN, GDT, Gone Girl lossless from NIN, let’s bring that back)
    - (Related to above) Waves with individual track artwork (now that you can’t get it on NIN.com)
    - Deviations! Maybe it’s time to let this be a download? (Ha, no I don’t see that happening. But you *could* put it on Bandcamp as the companion to vinyl sales of the record)
    - The trilogy and DE’s of course
    - Old catalog lossless with high quality artwork.
    - Obscure remixes like Opal and the Clouser FDTS versions.
    - A Proper version of FDTS itself with a merged track listing? (And a vinyl component)
    - QUAKE.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,426
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    ^ Would be great, but they're probably going to have to wait for some old contracts to expire or be bought-out (for old catalogue stuff tied to Interscope/TVT publishing and recording deals). I don't know if current NIN management is actively trying to do this, when they're so busy with current stuff that's probably just as lucrative.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    So Iíve been thinking about ďWhat if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?Ē This week due to the digital downloads leaving the NIN store.

    Since 2008 (2007 if you count Niggy but thatís already put back out by Saul) thereís been some rare and now ďout of printĒ stuff digitally.

    Imagine:

    - Ghosts I-IV with individual track artwork
    - The Slip with individual track artwork
    - NINJA Tour Sampler (at least just the NINJA part)
    - Welcome Oblivion with individual track artwork
    - NIN Live 2013 EP (finally lossless)
    - NIN 2014 Remix EP (see above)
    - Any and all TR scores (used to be able to get TSN, GDT, Gone Girl lossless from NIN, letís bring that back)
    - (Related to above) Waves with individual track artwork (now that you canít get it on NIN.com)
    - Deviations! Maybe itís time to let this be a download? (Ha, no I donít see that happening. But you *could* put it on Bandcamp as the companion to vinyl sales of the record)
    - The trilogy and DEís of course
    - Old catalog lossless with high quality artwork.
    - Obscure remixes like Opal and the Clouser FDTS versions.
    - A Proper version of FDTS itself with a merged track listing? (And a vinyl component)
    - QUAKE.
    Donít forget the ďAudiophile MasteredĒ version of Hesitation Marks. Itís impossible to get nowadays and Iím happy I still have the files on two external HDDs.

    While the ďaudiophileĒ label was a bit of stretch, itís my preferred version for sure. For starters, it doesnít clip during Everything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Donít forget the ďAudiophile MasteredĒ version of Hesitation Marks. Itís impossible to get nowadays and Iím happy I still have the files on two external HDDs.

    While the ďaudiophileĒ label was a bit of stretch, itís my preferred version for sure. For starters, it doesnít clip during Everything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I swear that was in my initial shortlist, but yes - thatís a classic example of missing now.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would love to buy a HTDA shirt and maybe other merch if it was available.

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Mr. Reznor, if you ever read this and you are feeling like, "I'd like to sock a little money away for #5's college education", I would like to propose a vinyl release of Still. We would snap that right up. I promise. It would be a feeding frenzy.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    He mentioned a Still vinyl release a few years ago. Nothing has been said of it since. File under "Soon."

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    He mentioned a Still vinyl release a few years ago. Nothing has been said of it since. File under "Soon."
    it was at the reckless Q+A. i wanted to hug whoever asked the question that prompted him to talk about it (they were standing a couple people away from me, if i remember correctly). really holding out hope for that one.

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    360
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    ďWhat if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?Ē
    Just here to say Yes Please.
    Yeah, I'm sure its not the top of anyone else's priorities right now, but I don't know, might be a fun job for someone to sort out?
    My mind immediately goes to all the fun stuff from remix.nin.com, and yes some of thise EPs that can go under the radar.
    Addition: there must be a Cold Black and Infinite soundboard recording out there - seeing as they liked that edit on YouTube, maybe we deserve an approved audio source?
    What's the deal with Trent and Apple these days? I know for a while he was keen to keep tied in with them, but that's all in the past right?
    Last edited by ChipRock; 05-29-2020 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Duh

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    908
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Honest question: what's the big deal about Bandcamp? I've purchased digital music through Bandcamp but I guess I don't really understand how it is different than the other digital marketplaces.

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Honest question: what's the big deal about Bandcamp? I've purchased digital music through Bandcamp but I guess I don't really understand how it is different than the other digital marketplaces.
    sorry, these aren't in any kind of sensible order

    1) you upload the music in the highest quality lossless you have, so that people can download it in any format they choose. i usually download things in mp3 320 to put on my phone, as well as in apple lossless to keep in my library (you can download something you've purchased more than once, and obviously in multiple formats)

    2) bandcamp takes a pretty minimal revenue share fee out of your money, and paypal takes a small bit, too, but it's the best way to get as much money as possible into the hands of the artist without them having to have their own website where they host the files and you can buy them

    3) bandcamp is super supportive of marginalized communities and does their best to rid the site of anything that is seriously problematic (like white supremacy, for example)

    4) they regularly do features on smaller bands to help try to get them noticed and appreciated by a wider audience

    5) the process of actually purchasing music is extremely simple (you don't actually need a paypal account to do it, just a credit card)

    6) you can add bonus items (extra artwork, videos, etc.), put in lyrics (which embed in the files that can handle them), and use a bunch of tags for genres, etc. rather than just putting stuff under the broad category of "rock" or "electronic" like most platforms

    7) once you've purchased something, if you don't want to download it and have it take up space, the bandcamp app allows streaming at high quality

    8) you can literally listen to the entire album (in lower streaming quality) on bandcamp before purchasing. good way to convince people to buy a thing is to let them experience the whole thing instead of 10-30 second snippets of each song

    9) you can sell merch and have it bundled with digital products

    10) i've been using it for like 10 years for various projects and have had zero problems whatsoever

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    908
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    sorry, these aren't in any kind of sensible order
    Thanks for this.

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Stupid question - I ordered a record from the NIN store as a gift to a friend, but either they never gave me the option to choose a shipping address different than my billing address or I missed it, and the completed order had no shipping address listed - presumably it's defaulting to my billing address. I emailed support about this minutes after the order was placed, when it was early enough to do something about it, and heard nothing back. Emailed them again today and have still heard nothing back. Is there a phone number for Live Nation Merch I can call to settle this more directly? Their customer service hours are listed but I have found no phone number.

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Downstream from everything. And I mean *everything*.
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the digital downloads for Bad Witch, Bird Box (Abridged), and Waves are all sold out? Seems weird to me, especially considering the vinyl for Bird Box and Bad Witch are both still available. Have any of the digital downloads been sold out like that before?
    Despite the images still being grayed out, the "Out Of Stock" labels were gone and the "Add To Cart" buttons were there, so I was hopeful... but, nope, clicking on "Add To Cart" results in "The product 'XYZ' is already sold out."

    With that being said, I was originally looking at this thread to ask this question: if anyone's ordered vinyl of The Fragile vinyl from the NIN store, was the digital download the CD/digital distribution version of the album, or was it the vinyl version with 10 Miles High and a number of other slightly modified songs? (Also, I assume if you bought Deviations that it came with the vinyl version as the digital downloads since that's the only physical release, but someone correct me if you got something else instead.)

    But now that the digital downloads appear to be gone from the store, does that mean that none of the vinyl releases come with digital versions anymore? Has anyone tried in the past couple weeks?

  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,180
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    https://store.nin.com/collections/clothing/products/logo-mesh-womens-tee

    Has anyone bought the women's logo mesh t-shirt - and is it appropriate for any gender? The style gives the impression that it is, but the size chart runs pretty small so I would think I'd need an XXL which isn't in stock. XL might work, but I dunno. Anyone have any knowledge of this shirt?

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://store.nin.com/collections/clothing/products/logo-mesh-womens-tee

    Has anyone bought the women's logo mesh t-shirt - and is it appropriate for any gender? The style gives the impression that it is, but the size chart runs pretty small so I would think I'd need an XXL which isn't in stock. XL might work, but I dunno. Anyone have any knowledge of this shirt?
    what size "mens" shirt do you wear? size up one. i wear a large in mens/unisex, XL in womens.

  18. #1068
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,180
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what size "mens" shirt do you wear? size up one. i wear a large in mens/unisex, XL in womens.
    Ideally a medium, but Large is the safest bet these days. Maybe someday the treadmill will come back into my life lol. I'll go ahead and jump on the XL and hope it looks okay! If not then, hey, goals. ha.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 06-05-2020 at 11:13 AM.

  19. #1069
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Ideally a medium, but Large is the safest bet these days. Maybe someday the treadmill will come back into my life lol. I'll go ahead and jump on the XL and hope it looks okay! If not then, hey, goals. ha.
    i'm sure it'll be fine! and if it ends up TOO big, you might be able to shrink it.

  20. #1070
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,180
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm sure it'll be fine! and if it ends up TOO big, you might be able to shrink it.
    Yassss. I'm definitely more worried about it being too tight though!

  21. #1071
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://store.nin.com/collections/clothing/products/logo-mesh-womens-tee

    Has anyone bought the women's logo mesh t-shirt - and is it appropriate for any gender? The style gives the impression that it is, but the size chart runs pretty small so I would think I'd need an XXL which isn't in stock. XL might work, but I dunno. Anyone have any knowledge of this shirt?
    I had to size down two sizes as itís meant to be worn loose and ran large (and I preferred it snug). It can definitely work.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,328
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RNR View Post
    With that being said, I was originally looking at this thread to ask this question: if anyone's ordered vinyl of The Fragile vinyl from the NIN store, was the digital download the CD/digital distribution version of the album, or was it the vinyl version with 10 Miles High and a number of other slightly modified songs? (Also, I assume if you bought Deviations that it came with the vinyl version as the digital downloads since that's the only physical release, but someone correct me if you got something else instead.)

    But now that the digital downloads appear to be gone from the store, does that mean that none of the vinyl releases come with digital versions anymore? Has anyone tried in the past couple weeks?
    The Fragile digital download is the vinyl sequencing, with 10MH, The New Flesh, the longer song mixes, and just "Ripe", not "Ripe (with Decay)".

    I've heard that people who buy the Definitive Editions from the NIN store have emailed customer support to get links for digital downloads, and it's not an automatic process, but I don't know if that's accurate.

  23. #1073
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,180
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I had to size down two sizes as it’s meant to be worn loose and ran large (and I preferred it snug). It can definitely work.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome, exactly what I wanted to hear! XL should be perfect =)

  24. #1074
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

    BTW: Stand-alone Digital Downloads from the store have returned, but still only Waves, Bad Witch, Bird Box (Abridged), and mid90ís

    When you buy a vinyl, they email you a download code *if it comes with one* (Trilogy, DEís, Bird Box, scores from 2016 on except for Watchmen)
    Last edited by tricil; 06-24-2020 at 09:13 AM.

  25. #1075
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    With Ghosts I-IV now currently out of print, think there's a chance they'll just release all of the Ghosts in one big 1-6 box set before year's end?

  26. #1076
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    With Ghosts I-IV now currently out of print, think there's a chance they'll just release all of the Ghosts in one big 1-6 box set before year's end?
    With all the weirdness regarding the Social Network score, I wouldn't be surprised if there was SOMETHING coming, although it's probably just the physical versions of V and VI. I also think releasing YZ now would be pretty fitting.

  27. #1077
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    With all the weirdness regarding the Social Network score, I wouldn't be surprised if there was SOMETHING coming, although it's probably just the physical versions of V and VI. I also think releasing YZ now would be pretty fitting.
    Here's hoping that he just gives all the definitive editions a release this year, would love to pick up the Slip.

  28. #1078
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I would buy The Slip and Year Zero for SURE. Take my money. Please.

  29. #1079
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    460
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    With Ghosts I-IV now currently out of print, think there's a chance they'll just release all of the Ghosts in one big 1-6 box set before year's end?
    A Ghosts 1-6 box wouldn't be cool for those that threw $320+ at NIN in a moment's notice all those years ago for the original box set. I'd guess there could be a re-release of the UK Version possibly as a 180g pressing and similar stand alone releases for 5 & 6.

  30. #1080
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,328
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    A Ghosts 1-6 box wouldn't be cool for those that threw $320+ at NIN in a moment's notice all those years ago for the original box set. I'd guess there could be a re-release of the UK Version possibly as a 180g pressing and similar stand alone releases for 5 & 6.
    It's not like that version came out last year. It was 12 years ago and sold out in what, a day? It's a perfectly fine interval for offering a new box set. It's not going to make yours suddenly worthless.

    They're probably not going to do that anyway. I think it'll be either a 2-LP release of each volume individually or a nice 4-LP pack for the whole thing.

Posting Permissions