Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    How did I know that the second I decided to go ham and drop money on paying off extra bills, something would come up on this store I desperately wanted? Fingers crossed there are still some left in a couple weeks, those shirts are cooool!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    These remind me of those allover colored shirts from the With Teeth tour, there was a blue one and then a red/orangey one. Sadly I got rid of them before a move and these are making me nostalgic. The skeleton one is pretty cool. I wonder why they're being released now, after the tour is all wrapped?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    The skeleton one is pretty cool.
    Yep! I decided to pull the trigger (even though I'm trying to save money and probably shouldn't have) and that's the one I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    I wonder why they're being released now, after the tour is all wrapped?
    That's a good question. Although I spent nearly $200 at the NIN merch table back in October (shirts, posters, tube, pins, tote bag), so I'm glad they gave my bank account a breather.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm interested in the chip one, but I need to see some pictures of the actual items before committing. Also unsure if they're the same slim sizing as the rest of the shirts, as they could be using different shirts for this run.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a bummer these weren't available on the tour, these look cool as hell.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    See the link for a simple solution I wish they would implement...

https://skinnypuppy.myshopify.com/co...open-eye-shirt

(I have that shirt and LOVE it!)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I love the new shirt design ideas but I feel like they could have afforded a few more pixels.

Is there a NIN logo at the bottom along the seam, too?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Is there a NIN logo at the bottom along the seam, too?
    Preliminarily: Yes, that's a NIN logo, there are definitely more pixels, and I'll be doing a fairly in-depth review (as much as one does for a tshirt) soon

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It looks like a tag, with the NIN logo printed on it, folded over and stitched at the hemline. I have a shirt or two with this detail on it, usually with the brand label. I've heard it referred to as a 'jock tag' as a lot of athletic uniforms have a tag stitched or printed near the hip.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Snagged a bones oil wash in medium. Aside from the horrible pixelated image on NIN.com it looks pretty dope but it doubt the pic will do this shirt much justice. Looking forward to getting it so i can see how it really looks in person but i have a feeling its gunna look great (fingers crossed). The fact that it has a unique wash and is limited edition makes it even cooler. Will do a review when it comes.
    As for the womens-cut "feels like I've been here before" sleeveless shirt, i love it. Been wearing it a lot to the gym and the material is great for working out. Light-weight and stretchy. Gunna be great once the summer warm weather rolls around as well. Def go a size or two above your usual fit. I'm usually a medium/large but went with a XL for this shirt. two thumbs up, highly recommend
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 03-26-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Any idea what 'oil wash' is?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Any idea what 'oil wash' is?
    It seems the oil wash technique is done before the printing. Results in a worn, aged look where each shirt is unique. Other sites describe a hand dyeing process which might explain the premium price.

Our Oil Washed Tees are an example of true garment experimentation utilizing a special dying method which gives each piece a one-of-a-kind finish.

We start with the perfect base - our classic crew neck tee sewn right in the USA. We use 100% organic cotton in the right weight. Then we get old-school.
    It's called an oil wash. The entire garment is washed and dyed with pigment dye and a binder at very high heat. After that, the garment gets another full wash.
    The result being a natural fading of the base color in totally unique patterns.

Oil washed t-shirts made in the USA are typically priced over $45. The Gustin model allows us to offer you a radically better value.

Note: Because of the unique dying process, this garment is prone to color transfer. We recommend washing it alone before wear.
    https://www.weargustin.com/store/kni...d-t-shirt-pine
    Last edited by cdm; 03-27-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    It seems the oil wash technique is done before the printing. Results in a worn, aged look where each shirt is unique. Other sites describe a hand dyeing process which might explain the premium price.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/kni...d-t-shirt-pine
    It's as if the NTAE PCs were turned into shirts...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So the shirt came the other day and it is really cool. When i first got it i had to throw it in the wash as it was very stiff and weird feeling from what i assume was the oil washing process. After it was washed it i put it on and the fit is perfect and the shirt looks great. The oil wash def gives it that old worn out lived-in feel which is perfect for a NIN shirt. My only minor gripe is that the transition of the fade from the oil wash is too abrupt from the front to the back. the back of the shirt is very heavily oil washed and the front only is oil washed to form the design of the skeleton print so there is literally like a line going down the side of the shirt when you look at it from the side. It's only a minor complaint to what is otherwise a great product and a great buy. Def worth the $40 price tag. My new favorite NIN shirt that I can add to my growing collection. Trent should just start a clothing line at this point. Great buy, highly recommend. Get on this before it sells out

oh and yes there is a NIN tag on the lower hemline at the bottom of the shirt. another interesting addition to this shirt that only increases its "cool-factor"
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 04-01-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Mine came. Pics below:

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I posted some decent sized photos on the nin hotline twitter account

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That looks fucking cool. Definitely picking up one of each this weekend. I’d like a smaller price tag, but I’ll take it.

Edit: Regarding the NIN x Marvel shirts - Gray definitely fits better than the white for me. I might have to order a size XL to get one that fits a little better.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-02-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is it a slim fit or or a normal fit?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Is it a slim fit or or a normal fit?
    If you're referring to the oil wash shirt, it's normal. I can't comment on the Captain Marvel one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    If you're referring to the oil wash shirt, it's normal. I can't comment on the Captain Marvel one.
    Yeah they oil wash sorry, thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

This came in the mail today

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah they oil wash sorry, thanks
    I ordered both in large. They're way bigger than any other NIN large that I've bought in the past. I'm really hoping they shrink at least a little bit.

On the flip side, both of the marvel shirts are a little on the small side. I'm a bit annoyed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been loving my bones oil wash shirt so much that i broke down and got the chip version in medium. I gotta cut it off here though cause if they start coming out with all the images for bad witch or god forbid the classic albums i'm gunna be in trouble haha.(please no trent) From the pics i've seen of the chip version it looks just as bad ass as the bones and i really am gunna be kicking myself after it sells out. Hope they just keep the oil washes to these 2 shirts as it will make them much cooler/exclusive-feeling once they sell out. *fingers crossed* Really liking these shirts though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post

This came in the mail today
    "Higher, further, fist fuck."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://ibb.co/f9jdj6Z
    https://ibb.co/Npd3PCg
    heres a few pics of the bones oil wash shirt in a medium: one of me wearing it and the other is a side view of that rather abrubt transitioning of the heavy oil washing thats applied to the back of the shirt, as it transitions to the front that i spoke of in earlier posts: My only gripe with what is otherwise a great shirt, lovin' it
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 04-07-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    https://ibb.co/f9jdj6Z
    https://ibb.co/Npd3PCg
    heres a few pics of the bones oil wash shirt in a medium: one of me wearing it and the other is a side view of that rather abrubt transitioning of the heavy oil washing thats applied to the back of the shirt, as it transitions to the front that i spoke of in earlier posts: My only gripe with what is otherwise a great shirt, lovin' it
    Cool. Thanks for sharing. It doesn't look like the hard transition is a feature of the oil wash. I'd say it's just that the image ends there. This could have been fixed by allowing the photo to wrap all the way around the shirt. It's only minor quibble; this is an excellent shirt.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i got my captain marvel shirt today. very nice. i think NIN has the best merchandising of any band. good quality, great designs & the pricing is fan friendly. go shop the bowie store & you'll see what i'm talking about. the only quibble would be on a zip up hoodie i bought. the material is pretty thin for a hoodie IMHO. i live in cold country though. it's still nice. i also got an "obsolete" long sleeve shirt. seemed appropriate as that's how i'm feeling. kicked to the curb by life.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i also got an "obsolete" long sleeve shirt. seemed appropriate as that's how i'm feeling. kicked to the curb by life.
    Ha!
    That's the one I plan to order, and my reasoning is similar.

Re: official Bowie merch - sure enough. This is why my bowie shirts are either the sort that companies can just BARELY get away with without being sued, cheap shirts licensed to like Wal Mart, and, I hate to admit, a couple of flat out unlicensed blackstar logo shirts.

I wasn't paying $100 for a fucking t-shirt (edit: the price of one of the first official blackstar shirts when it came out,) you know? I just couldn't do it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-08-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Saw someone wearing the NIN/CM shirt out in the wild in LA on Saturday afternoon. It made me happy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, is it general consensus that the oil wash shirts should be ordered a size smaller than the typical NIN shirts (merch booth and website)? I might have to get one since I'm a shirt collector, but am torn between medium and large.