Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    R Kelly vacates his West Side recording studio after Judge slaps him with building violations for using 2nd story (zoned commercial / industrial) as a residence and Judge puts curfew on building:

https://wgntv.com/2019/02/20/r-kelly...tudio-lawyers/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Weird story, I waited in front of the venue really early on the day Ryan Adams was playing downtown here back in...like 2005 or so? The Cold Roses tour. Anyways, I just wanted to shake the guy's hand and offer to take him for a beer. There were about two other people, so not like a mob. He walked out to go get lunch I guess, with a handler or manager...I just said hey, and one of the other people did the same and he just turned to the manager and yelled, and this is on a daytime sunny afternoon downtown street...I mean yelled "MAKE THEM LEAVE. I'M NOT EVEN AT WORK YET."

The other people left, I just sorta stood in disbelief and said fuck it, went and had lunch before the show too haha.

Randomly, about three years ago I was having a convo with a friend on Twitter, and he must've been searching himself...I didn't @ him...I was literally just telling the above story and it included like 'yeah and Ryan Adams screamed at us and walked away.' etc. and suddenly like 10 min later... @TheRyanAdams is now following you!

I thought 'whoa' and sure enough like 30 seconds later the Twitter DM's started comin' in. "Sorry about anything that may have happened in the past. I was not in a good place on that tour, drinking and drugs led me to be someone else that I don't even remember." and so on and so forth. He apologized profusely and said he was better finally. I told him it was all good, we talked music for like 6 back and forth DM's and then he stopped following and that was that.

Just weird that he was searching for his own name on Twitter.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interesting take on this new Leaving Neverland documentary about Michael Jackson
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/joevoge...mpression=true

I just don’t believe them to be honest. Also I hate one-sided documentaries (see Montage of Heck)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Interesting take on this new Leaving Neverland documentary about Michael Jackson
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/joevoge...mpression=true

I just don’t believe them to be honest. Also I hate one-sided documentaries (see Montage of Heck)
    Unfortunately, it no longer matters whether he was guilty or not. The public has already convicted him.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Unfortunately, it no longer matters whether he was guilty or not. The public has already convicted him.
    who, MJ?
    Fuuuuuck that. Not me. I have like three michael Jackson shirts and wear them with pride, goddamnit.

Edit: also, all I had to hear was who was behind this doc.
    I don't believe that dude.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-22-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Wait, what? People still defend MJ?!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good, fuck this guy. He's been a piece of shit forever.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    its been to actual court so many times and he’s been cleared, this isn’t like some anonymous thing. Did you read the article? It just seems like people are “well Michael Jackson is a freak so he must be guilty”.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    its been to actual court so many times and he’s been cleared, this isn’t like some anonymous thing. Did you read the article? It just seems like people are “well Michael Jackson is a freak so he must be guilty”.
    MJ was my favorite as a kid and then Janet ruled my preteen years. The fact that he wasn’t convicted combined with Janet standing by him made me believe it was false. I have no problem admitting that I’m biased and want to believe he was innocent.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Some serious trigger warnings here - The Fast and the Furious director's daughter shares her story of childhood abuse at the hands of her father, with confirmation from her mother.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    After being cleared twice, having multiple accusers recant their accusations as adults, and having many of the families of the accusers turn out to be abusive themselves, people still think MJ did it?

I feel so sorry for that guy. He was clearly mentally ill as a product of his abusive upbringing, virtually everyone in his life took advantage of his fragility and trusting personality, the media destroyed him over and over, he was a victim of ridiculous lawsuits for his entire life (not only limited to the abuse ones) and died sad and alone. The fact that he was damaged so much in life that even his legacy is tainted with what are essentially rumors just makes his story even more tragic. I don't believe that MJ hurt those children any more than I believe Marilyn Manson had a rib removed. It's just another the public fearing and ostracizing those who are different.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Jeez, R Kelly apparently met one of his alleged victims at his (ahem) underage erotica trial

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I’d say it’s more “I love his music so he must be innocent.”

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but apparently it’s pretty convincing. How about we watch the documentary before discrediting it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I’d say it’s more “I love his music so he must be innocent.”

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but apparently it’s pretty convincing. How about we watch the documentary before discrediting it?
    seems to me like cashing in on me too to try and get uncritical validation despite actually having gone through the courts and one-sided heart string pulling which always rubs me up the wrong way. So I don’t think I’ll be watching the “documentary”, I can’t get HBO anyway

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    R. Kelly pleads not guilty. Oh, boy, here we go!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    George Pell's lawyer says child abuse was 'plain vanilla' sex as cardinal heads to jail

What the FUCK?

Oh, it's FINE. It was just regular sex with a 13 year old boy. NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS. MOVE ALONG.

Richter tried to argue there were “no aggravating circumstances” to one of the offences. It was “no more than a plain vanilla sexual penetration case where the child is not actively participating,” he told the court.

The chief judge, Peter Kidd, responded: “It must be clear to you by now I’m struggling with that submission. Looking at your points here – so what?”
    How the fuck can you actually say that if you aren't a child rapist yourself? Unbelievable. The judge's response was great.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    George Pell's lawyer says child abuse was 'plain vanilla' sex as cardinal heads to jail

What the FUCK?

Oh, it's FINE. It was just regular sex with a 13 year old boy. NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS. MOVE ALONG.

How the fuck can you actually say that if you aren't a child rapist yourself? Unbelievable. The judge's response was great.
    Yeah i saw that headline and just though how in the fuck would anyone be OK with that?!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post

What the FUCK?

Riiiiight. Yeah.
    Face fucking KiDS is "plain vanilla."
    Good god, that's fucking insane.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Totally agree with this take on Ryan Adams and ‘genius’.
    http://wallacewylie.blogspot.com/201...ot-genius.html
    very much agree that the bestowing of the term ‘genius’ on someone so generic and mediocre is part of the problem

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Watching this Leaving Neverland doc. I buy it, and this seems very real.

I believe the victims here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watching this Leaving Neverland doc. I buy it, and this seems very real.

I believe the victims here.
    I need to check this out tonight.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I need to check this out tonight.
    Just be warned, the trigger warning in the beginning is legitimate. Even if I was talking to someone who was 1000% sure he didn't do any of these things, some of the graphic descriptions are horrifying and they spill out of seemingly nowhere... I still haven't made it all the way through the first part, I needed a break.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Just be warned, the trigger warning in the beginning is legitimate. Even if I was talking to someone who was 1000% sure he didn't do any of these things, some of the graphic descriptions are horrifying and they spill out of seemingly nowhere... I still haven't made it all the way through the first part, I needed a break.
    My husband has friends who are saying the same thing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's rough, and the portrait it paints of MJ's routine of moving from boy to boy after he got tired with one seems very plausible, and therefore damning.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I smiled as I watched that piece of shit lie and whine like a little bitch in that clip. Gonna be so sweet to see him go down for this and die in prison.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I haven't watched the Michael Jackson documentary yet, but my friend has - and he also had to stop watching it after the first hour or so, he said it was too much. He also said he found it odd how the guys are not saying, "I was sexually assaulted and now my life is ruined" type thing - they're more describing it in a way as if they're defending him, they miss him. That's creepy.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I, too, was disgusted by the MJ doc, but for a different reason.
    Faceplam me if you like, but I'm still calling bullshit.

Get you some of this:

And don't dismiss it before watching it. This is like a REALLY deep dive into the article we were talking about, and, to me, IT'S convincing.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-08-2019 at 11:53 PM.