Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
Results 1,261 to 1,267 of 1267

Thread: Sexual Asshatery in the News

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

this is so gross.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Mark Kozelek has been accused of sexual misconduct by three women. I'm very unsurprised and I expect more to come forward. Literally before I had even heard any of his musical work, I became familiar with him as the guy from Red House Painters who, uninvited, groped my old roommate's fianceé backstage at a concert. My roommate was a huge fan and brought her to the show; he knew a guy who knew a guy and got the hookup to go backstage. Mark ignored anything my old roommate said or asked and proceeded to go down a lecherous line of questioning with the fiancée, who just kept saying, "that's my boyfriend, right there in front of you. Talk to him." Then Mark groped her and they walked out.

And no, I unfortunately have no contact information for either of them anymore; this was twenty years ago they told me this. I have no doubt, though, that at least one of them has already read about this. They were the most indie rock-obsessed people I ever in my life met.

When she told me the story, she said she was just surprised he'd gotten handsy since she knew the wildly inappropriate and aggressive talk was par for the course, and had happened to other women she was friends with. She said that was why she had never gotten far into any sort of fandom of the band and had only gone because the roommate was so psyched. Needless to say, he wasn't a big fan after that. And every time I've seen Sun Kil Moon in the news for the past decade, I've wondered, "Is that asshole still being a creep to women? Or was it was a drug and alcohol thing and now he's sober?"

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

I wonder if this has anything to do with Cohen's book coming out soon.

Also why do they keep the blackmailer around instead of going to the cops? Isn't that a dumb movie trope?

What? A high-profile Christian is not what he appears to be in public? I'm shocked I tell you.

Last edited by allegate; 08-24-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Also why do they keep the blackmailer around instead of going to the cops? Isn't that a dumb movie trope?
    Seems like, given his "occupation", going to the cops would be more damaging to his "reputation" by risking a public spectacle. This is the problem with preaching hyper-morality publicly while enjoying level 10 kink in private. Comeuppance is a bitch. (cumuppance?)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    They kept him around bc he was fucking Falwell's wife and Falwell liked to watch.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Crazy how quickly this all happened. The label was putting out some amazing stuff.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    911 call from Falwell house reveals ex-Liberty president was drinking, fell down, lost 'a lot of blood' after resigning
    She told dispatchers she had been at church around 11 p.m. when she received a call from her husband, who said he was bleeding after falling down the stairs. When she got home, Becki Falwell said the door was locked so she used a chair to break through the back door.
    At church at 11pm and she didn't have a key to the house? this is bizarre.