Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Wait, what? People still defend MJ?!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    its been to actual court so many times and he’s been cleared, this isn’t like some anonymous thing. Did you read the article? It just seems like people are “well Michael Jackson is a freak so he must be guilty”.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    its been to actual court so many times and he’s been cleared, this isn’t like some anonymous thing. Did you read the article? It just seems like people are “well Michael Jackson is a freak so he must be guilty”.
    MJ was my favorite as a kid and then Janet ruled my preteen years. The fact that he wasn’t convicted combined with Janet standing by him made me believe it was false. I have no problem admitting that I’m biased and want to believe he was innocent.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’d say it’s more “I love his music so he must be innocent.”

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but apparently it’s pretty convincing. How about we watch the documentary before discrediting it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I’d say it’s more “I love his music so he must be innocent.”

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but apparently it’s pretty convincing. How about we watch the documentary before discrediting it?
    seems to me like cashing in on me too to try and get uncritical validation despite actually having gone through the courts and one-sided heart string pulling which always rubs me up the wrong way. So I don’t think I’ll be watching the “documentary”, I can’t get HBO anyway

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    After being cleared twice, having multiple accusers recant their accusations as adults, and having many of the families of the accusers turn out to be abusive themselves, people still think MJ did it?

I feel so sorry for that guy. He was clearly mentally ill as a product of his abusive upbringing, virtually everyone in his life took advantage of his fragility and trusting personality, the media destroyed him over and over, he was a victim of ridiculous lawsuits for his entire life (not only limited to the abuse ones) and died sad and alone. The fact that he was damaged so much in life that even his legacy is tainted with what are essentially rumors just makes his story even more tragic. I don't believe that MJ hurt those children any more than I believe Marilyn Manson had a rib removed. It's just another the public fearing and ostracizing those who are different.