Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
Results 1,291 to 1,303 of 1303

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    while a well-known theater director has been accused of being a pedophile and his actor friends (and even our Prime Minister) are covering it up
    FINALLY, Dimitris "Scumbag" Lignadis was arrested today! Fuck this complete piece of trash and filth and shit FOREVER! This goddamn asshole must pay for all of his crimes. Trigger warning: many shocking stories about this absolute monster have surfaced last week, and they made me sick to the stomach. Let's hope justice is served for the rest of the Greek celebrities recently accused of sexual asshatery. #MeTooGR

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Is nobody really ever going to change the title of this thread to something a bit less high-school cringe?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Is nobody really ever going to change the title of this thread to something a bit less high-school cringe?
    do you have a suggestion?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7622398/m...hayley-mather/

Singer Matthew Good dropped by label after accusations by ex-girlfriend/fiancée.
    Last edited by poinoup; 02-22-2021 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    do you have a suggestion?
    Sexual impropriety in the news?

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Sexual impropriety in the news?
    I believe that specific term is context-dependent, so it wouldn't work as a catch-all. What I like about "asshatery", aside from it being fun to say, is it plays on the word "assault", which some accusations include and some don't, but that element of concordance makes it pretty clear it's all plainly unacceptable behaviour.

Sophomoric word choice? Perhaps, but honestly... this place has always been good about not taking itself too seriously, even when the subject under discussion is brutal — though we're all getting older now, that's something I'd like to keep doing, if only for my own sanity.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It's not necessarily the lack of seriousness that's getting me. And I'm not the biggest enemy of sophomoric jokes *notes username* it's just that "ass-hat" specifically seriously rubs me the wrong way. I think I'm always just a bit annoyed with those unfunny "random" insults that people think are funny. Sort of reminds me of the people who call Trump shit like Cheeto or whatever.

Shrug, it could just be me - in which case I'd say fair enough, I'm not trying to make a big issue of it or anything.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's always bugged that me that "asshatery" only has one T

"Asshattery", surely

Fantastic news about Lignadis... the theatre world is a cesspool, quite frankly

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Governor Cuomo.

Please let this + the nursing home scandal = Cuomo's last term.

The COVID-19 pressers had so many people all over the country (world?) who are unfamiliar with his day-to-day governance, or lack thereof, falling over themselves to praise him as our fucking savior. I admit that I watched nearly all of them the first couple of months.

While I know the entire country and world have endured so much through the last year, that initial period in NYC was horrifying. There was just so little information at that time and all we saw was mass graves and refrigerated trucks holding bodies. At the time, Cuomo balanced out 45's wild-as-shit, panic-inducing pressers. The things that make him good during times of crisis are the same things that make him a terrible governor.

I know none of this has anything to do with the current story, but god. Fuck him.

Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Oh my God. What an asshole. I hope this sinks him. That article was nauseating.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    i changed the thread title to Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News. i thought about “abuse/assault/harassment” but i think harassment falls under the abuse umbrella. i almost added a “t” to “asshatery” but i feel like that didn’t solve the problem.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    "John Geddert, former USA Gymnastics Coach, Charged with Abuse Dies by Suicide"

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/25/97144...iminal-charges

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    On one hand I think about what a country with a bourgeoning mental health program could do for people who are obviously broken like he was.

On the other hand? Good fucking riddance to bad rubbish.

So not quite even karmically, I think.