Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Also this guy.

Check out the twitter profile - endless messages about him from teenagers.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Chris D'elia is a horrendous comic, completely undeserving of the success he's obtained, so I'm glad this is happening to him both b/c it's disgusting & also bc he sucks at his job. When Louie went down, I was bummed that we all had to move on from him, b/c before everything came out about him, he was a transcendent talent. D'elia can get launched into the sun as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Not directed at you, @bobbie solo , just something I saw and thought was hilarious considering.

I had never ever heard of the guy until yesterday so for me this is a whole lot of nothing. I saw a small bit of his on twitter and he looked like a meathead making fun of nerds in high school but being paid to do it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Chris D'elia is a horrendous comic, completely undeserving of the success he's obtained, so I'm glad this is happening to him both b/c it's disgusting & also bc he sucks at his job. When Louie went down, I was bummed that we all had to move on from him, b/c before everything came out about him, he was a transcendent talent. D'elia can get launched into the sun as far as I'm concerned.
    I watched Louis CK's new standup set... I felt immediately guilty after buying it... but there was this quarantine, and we were starved for entertainment, and so fuck it, I bought it. And yeah, there were some parts of it that were genuinely hilarious.

But the part where he addressed the elephant in the room was so bad... it was like he belittled the severity of it, made it about him and what he went through primarily, and then just laughed at it as a punchline. It was pretty fucked up, and I'm all for edge in comedy, but that just felt like he really didn't get it.

Honestly, I don't if it was more offensive or pathetic.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-18-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @Jinsai - I mention this in the "Stand Up" thread - I cringed throughout the whole time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Also this guy.

Check out the twitter profile - endless messages about him from teenagers.

Not surprised, he always came across like a smarmy prick. Genuinely not shocked he did some wangling either.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    But the part where he addressed the elephant in the room was so bad... it was like he belittled the severity of it, made it about him and what he went through primarily, and then just laughed at it as a punchline. It was pretty fucked up, and I'm all for edge in comedy, but that just felt like he really didn't get it.

Honestly, I don't if it was more offensive or pathetic.
    Yeah, i was really hoping he would address it more similar to how Aziz did. First hint Louie was gonna go the route he did was the quickness w/which he started doing shows again. This is a guy who doesn't have to work another day of his life, and he was back at it in less than a year. Terrible approach whether you're thinking w/sincerity OR coming at it cynically. Either way...time heals all wounds. The longer he was away, the easier it would be for the larger audience to accept him. Instead he did as you described above, and now only has his meathead fans still rooting for him, and the larger, more thoughtful people that loved him aren't going to come back.

If me or you stripped naked and jerked off in front of our coworkers, we'd be in jail. This piece of shit should be thanking the lord above for how easily this has gone for him. Piece of shit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    How did Aziz Ansari address it? I don’t recall much and his incident was the one that upset me most. I kept waiting for something...sensitive and intelligent? But nothing much made my radar.

EDIT: I’m sorry; I should clarify “upset me most.” Ansari’s, um, “sexual asshattery” was the behavior I was most personally irked to learn about because I was a big fan, and was invested in my idea of his character. I was obviously more upset and outraged by other monsters, but none of the revelations about others made me personally feel like I’d been betrayed. If that makes sense.
    It makes a lot of sense. For a lot of people, Bill Cosby was a father figure. Louis CK had hilarious and blunt insight into human nature that really dug in, in a way that was relatable. It was hard to listen to some of his bits and not think "this guy gets me." So it's really strange to then have to tackle that in their personal life, these people can be completely different people than what they seemed... in a way that predators often do I guess.

I'm not saying anything about Aziz... actually this is the first I've heard of this.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Wtf not Riddle

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    The David Starr news hit me hard. I was a huge fan and feel real dumb now. Threw away my shirts and hat yesterday. What a lying piece of shit. The cheating alone would’ve been enough for me to cut ties. What he has done is so much worse; it’s unforgivable and disgusting.

You don’t ever know anyone.

These poor women. I’ve spent so much time the last few days reading so many awful stories. Fuck Dave Crist too.

Also interesting in a gross way—I recently DM’d back and forth with Michael Elgin over the well publicized case he had a couple years ago and he swore she lied and photoshopped the screen grabs of his sickening texts....and now he has another accuser. Glad I didn’t buy his story then.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-20-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Bieber is the latest to be named....

https://www.ccn.com/justin-bieber-ac...ake-seriously/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Wow. His fans are...unkind.

How does one start a sentence like "it sounds like you made up bad rape fanfiction" with "no offense, but"? That's a paraphrase. Not an unfaithful one, though.
    hasnt he come out with a denial and a load of evidence and is going to be taking legal action?

thing is he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t, people are accusing him of ‘silencing’ victims by going to court although that’s the only way to clear your name from false accusations otherwise it’s just the court of public opinion. I don’t even like Bieber

Last edited by WorzelG; 06-22-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well THAT’S not a surprise.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Ron Jeremy's lawyer: "There is absolutely no reason for him to ever be aggressive with women... He's had more women than you can count."

Wow, that's some lawyer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this is a bad look from the band.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    this is a bad look from the band.
    They put out a more complete statement later in the day claiming they had to wait before all the legal hurdles were jumped before they put out that he was asked to leave. Still shouldn't have made that first statement though, it would have been better for everyone if they'd just come clean about the situation.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^

OH
    my God

WHAT THE FUCK
    Last edited by allegro; 07-17-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this is so gross.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I wonder if this has anything to do with Cohen's book coming out soon.

Also why do they keep the blackmailer around instead of going to the cops? Isn't that a dumb movie trope?

What? A high-profile Christian is not what he appears to be in public? I'm shocked I tell you.

Last edited by allegate; 08-24-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Also why do they keep the blackmailer around instead of going to the cops? Isn't that a dumb movie trope?
    Seems like, given his "occupation", going to the cops would be more damaging to his "reputation" by risking a public spectacle. This is the problem with preaching hyper-morality publicly while enjoying level 10 kink in private. Comeuppance is a bitch. (cumuppance?)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They kept him around bc he was fucking Falwell's wife and Falwell liked to watch.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Crazy how quickly this all happened. The label was putting out some amazing stuff.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    911 call from Falwell house reveals ex-Liberty president was drinking, fell down, lost 'a lot of blood' after resigning
    She told dispatchers she had been at church around 11 p.m. when she received a call from her husband, who said he was bleeding after falling down the stairs. When she got home, Becki Falwell said the door was locked so she used a chair to break through the back door.
    At church at 11pm and she didn't have a key to the house? this is bizarre.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Sex cultist Keith Raniere is going away for a cool 120.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/27/92837...ears-in-prison

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swykk View Post
    sex cultist keith raniere is going away for a cool 120.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/27/92837...ears-in-prison
    OMG! Yes!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sting is being sued for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor in Arizona in 1979. The other members of The Police, and their tour bookers have been named in it as well.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 11-20-2020 at 02:28 PM.