Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Prince Andrew stripped of royal patronages and military affiliations
    Britain's Prince Andrew has been stripped of royal patronages and military affiliations — with the queen's approval — a day after a U.S. district judge rejected his motion to dismiss a lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre that alleges he sexually abused her when she was 17.
    oh it's on now, he's basically a civilian at this point.
    All of his roles have been handed back to Queen Elizabeth and will be redistributed to other members of the royal family, according to a royal source. He also will no longer be using "His Royal Highness" in any official capacities.
    I would have to say that if they thought he could beat this they wouldn't have taken this step to distance themselves but then you never know with money and power being freely distributed to random judges and the like.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Prince Andrew stripped of royal patronages and military affiliations
    oh it's on now, he's basically a civilian at this point.I would have to say that if they thought he could beat this they wouldn't have taken this step to distance themselves but then you never know with money and power being freely distributed to random judges and the like.
    His first defense was “I was at my kid’s birthday party at a pizza restaurant” (which didn’t hold up or look good, because Andrew was at the party with Maxwell and Giuffre late at night when you don’t have kids’ bday parties).

His SECOND (latest) defense was THE WORST AND DUMBEST: “I’m protected by that settlement agreement the first time Epstein was found guilty in the U.S.”

The operative terms being FOUND GUILTY IN THE U.S.

THAT defense was just thrown out because that agreement was found to be shoddy and full of holes.

What the FUCK kind of defense team does this guy have?? Other than SHITTY?

He could simply use the defense: I didn’t do that, prove that I did. Which, decades later, will be pretty hard with one witness, hearsay, and a photo at a party. He could likely produce dozens more photos with other people NOT underage. Maxwell is said to have photobombed famous people at parties just for publicity. Andrew’s defense team could have used this as an example.

NOW, Giuffre isn’t gonna settle quickly. And the Queen is distancing her money from her dumb kid. This isn’t a criminal trial, it’s a civil trial. It’s about the Benjamins.

Back during Prince Andrew’s bachelor days, he was known as “Randy Andy.”

He should now be known as “The Duke of Puke.”
    Last edited by allegro; 01-13-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Can this finally be the moment where we realize that glorifying royalty is a bad thing?

I realize they're just celebrities, like every other celebrity, and really, it's the same backbone, but if THIS doesn't dethrone the whole concept, what can? Fuck having kings, princes, princesses, popes, all this. These people did NOTHING to earn your love, and here they are, raping children on a yacht... and people are still going to defend the concept out of tradition.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I realize they're just celebrities
    Celebrities with a disproportionate amount of power and influence. The whole "royalty" thing is a pretty big step above regular "celebrity" status, but yes, I agree that this should be what finally ends this very archaic tradition. If it doesn't, something is wrong.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Can this finally be the moment where we realize that glorifying royalty is a bad thing?

I realize they're just celebrities, like every other celebrity, and really, it's the same backbone, but if THIS doesn't dethrone the whole concept, what can? Fuck having kings, princes, princesses, popes, all this. These people did NOTHING to earn your love, and here they are, raping children on a yacht... and people are still going to defend the concept out of tradition.
    Kings and Queens still have some level of power. Sure sure there’s parliament and all that. But the Queen isn’t merely an ornament. We Americans have no right to be telling other countries how to run their countries or governments. It’s why we are such assholes.

And she can’t be expected to totally control all of her children, anymore than people here can control theirs. I’m sure that Andrew is a great embarrassment to her. But she didn’t cause him to do what he (allegedly) did. And most of her children and grandchildren devote their lives to service, the military, etc. There’s always that one asshole.

Ozzy Osbourne is venerated at the same level of royalty by rock fans. Look at his life. His kids’. You’re on a board dedicated to ONE BAND. Whose debauchery has been documented on film. Much of which could at least be considered sexist.

I’m not defending Prince Andrew, but I’m also realistic about the slippery slope of “kill your idols.”

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Celebrities with a disproportionate amount of power and influence.
    Donald Trump has entered the chat.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-14-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

It occurred to me.the other day that the Epstein thing is nothing new.
    Powerful people have been indulging in dark, carnal shit, for thousands of years: Caligula comes to mind, as does the Catholic church stuff, which was likely WORSE in antiquity.
    It's a grim part of human nature.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erot...nd_Herculaneum
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    which was likely WORSE in antiquity.
    It's a grim part of human nature.
    Look at Pompeii and Herculaneum !!!

It’s also linked to power and wealth, on any level.

With enough wealth, you can buy anything. You can indulge in nearly anything.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-14-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erot...nd_Herculaneum

Look at Pompeii and Herculaneum !!!

It’s also linked to power and wealth, on any level.

With enough wealth, you can buy anything. You can indulge in nearly anything.
    A few years ago there was some traveling exhibition thing on Pompeii and there was an entire room of the exhibit dedicated to the copious amounts of erotic art that existed during the era. It was pretty fascinating, honestly.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Randy Andy calling on… wait for it… KEVIN SPACEY to help clear his name:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/174768...n-spacey-help/

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Randy Andy calling on… wait for it… KEVIN SPACEY to help clear his name:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/174768...n-spacey-help/

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Caligula comes to mind
    Don't believe the hype!
    Roman emperors would often be portrayed in a very negative way by the senate, with whom there's always been fights for power and control, who controlled what was being published about a deceased emperor. Also, their successors wanted to be seen in a positive light, so they, too, had an interest in denouncing their predecessors. So, be very careful with rumors about Roman emperors beheavior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Association football (soccer) player Mason Greenwood, who plays for English team Manchester United arrested over SA claim, there’s even photos and a audio transcript of the incident.

Photos and audio transcript (NSFW and TW): https://twitter.com/vicderbyshire/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

News article (NSFW?): https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60192303
    Last edited by GastonKappa; 06-15-2022 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well, no surprises here.

Honestly at this point, I really couldn't care less if Manson hung himself.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    IANAL but wouldn't it be fun if she said "OK sure let's go" and then discovery and stuff happens.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    IANAL but wouldn't it be fun if she said "OK sure let's go" and then discovery and stuff happens.
    THat's what I was thinking. Surely if Manson did get it brought to trial he would go down in a massive fireball. And honestly wouldn't it be a joy to see Mansons fat ugly ass sitting in court and getting read a guilty verdict.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Well, no surprises here.

Honestly at this point, I really couldn't care less if Manson hung himself.
    Well well well...

Looks like to prove Brian wrong Evan is gonna have to show some evidence. It's too bad she doesn't have stockpiles of stuff that drove her to spearhead the Phoenix act to begin with.

How dumb is Warners lawyer?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I know this is going to be very unpopular, but I have always stayed quite impartial on this matter. I am waiting on this documentary to present a lot more concrete evidence against Manson before I think he should be condemned. The court document Manson linked does raise a lot of suspicion and question marks - especially around Gore. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Regardless of the situation - rape, murder, stealing a workmates lunch from the fridge - I believe people are innocent until proven guilty. I am not victim blaming or whatever other key word you want to use for it. I am just not a fan of trial by media and men are always in the wrong by default. I don't believe that Evan has presented anything massively damning against Manson yet - but present it to me if i'm wrong. Maybe it will be shown in the documentary as mentioned.

I support the Phoenix Act (or what I know about it) on the basis that if these girls were abused they should have the right to present evidence towards it in court, which they now can't do. Guilt shouldn't be decided by what Rolling Stone magazie's article has spread to the public.

Bring on the facepalms! Not playing evil's advocate here - just trying to look at it objectively.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    https://metalinjection.net/news/mari...lawsuit-online

Yeah Brian, let's let the facts speak for themselves, you piece of shit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just read that JK Rowling had sent Manson a bunch of flowers a while ago??? What does she have to do with him. ?

this is one of the things that annoys me about his fan base, they want to identify with an ‘outsider’ yet he has constantly courted celebrities for attention and clout, hosting Hollywood parties, Jonny depp, Nicholas cage, Norman reedus and now Kanye. Absolute arse kissing sycophant

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What do these ‘Manson is totally innocent of any wrong-doing’ people say about Otep who said she dated a woman who was friends with Lindsay Usich who would regularly call and say he was on a drug binge hurling knives at her?
    https://loudwire.com/otep-shamaya-ma...lindsay-usich/

to my mind this corroborates Esme Biancos testimony and it wasn’t even from an accuser.

also Dita Von Teese said this in the Express in 2007
    https://www.express.co.uk/dayandnigh...s-French-flair

“I’m in shock that someone could treat me so well. I was used to people hurling things at me in the middle of the night in a cocaine rage,” she says.”

seems to corroborate and nobody got together to say this stuff
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-09-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    What do these ‘Manson is totally innocent of any wrong-doing’ people say about Otep who said she dated a woman who was friends with Lindsay Usich who would regularly call and say he was on a drug binge hurling knives at her?
    https://loudwire.com/otep-shamaya-ma...lindsay-usich/

to my mind this corroborates Esme Biancos testimony and it wasn’t even from an accuser.

also Dita Von Teese said this in the Express in 2007
    https://www.express.co.uk/dayandnigh...s-French-flair

“I’m in shock that someone could treat me so well. I was used to people hurling things at me in the middle of the night in a cocaine rage,” she says.”

seems to corroborate and nobody got together to say this stuff
    It's important to know that everyone is lying but Marilyn Manson. Everyone. Only Marilyn Manson is telling the truth. This is not a cult.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Here's a funthing to integrate... Ye's harassing/stalking behaviour of Kim and hanging around with Brian are consistent abusive personality traits. Two very toxic men....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Here's a funthing to integrate... Ye's harassing/stalking behaviour of Kim and hanging around with Brian are consistent abusive personality traits. Two very toxic men....
    Birds of a feather...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    It's pretty interesting that these two are friendly now, as Ye is doing a lot of the same things that Manson has always done. Both of them made being an abusive shithead an art form that the public consumes in real time. And both have intentionally surrounded themselves with yes men who never push back against their worst impulses.

When I was young and a fan, I read that book of Manson's and watched every interview where he talked about his treatment of groupies, girlfriends, underlings and more. I stupidly accepted it as an expression of this dark, tortured artist that I loved so much and ate it up. Many of Kanye's fans do the exact same thing with him.

The difference is that Kanye is being called out by the public as it happens. There are dozens of articles showing some empathy for Kanye's clear mental health issues while also acknowledging that what he's doing to Kim is emotional abuse. In the 90's, people were too busy blaming Manson for school shootings than discussing Manson's actual character issues.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm almost done watching Phoenix Rising, the HBO documentary about Marilyn Manson's abuse of Evan Wood, and... This is very poorly put together. It ambles in a really bad unfocused way, Wood seems to be unnecessarily dramatic and so does the general tone of it, it goes off on random non-sequiturs and is easily twice as long as it needs to be... Yet there constantly feels like there's something they're leaving out of the discussion.

I believe that Manson is a scumbag and guilty of shit that he'll almost certainly never get really punished for, but this documentary isn't making a very good case.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm almost done watching Phoenix Rising, the HBO documentary about Marilyn Manson's abuse of Evan Wood, and... This is very poorly put together. It ambles in a really bad unfocused way, Wood seems to be unnecessarily dramatic and so does the general tone of it, it goes off on random non-sequiturs and is easily twice as long as it needs to be... Yet there constantly feels like there's something they're leaving out of the discussion.

I believe that Manson is a scumbag and guilty of shit that he'll almost certainly never get really punished for, but this documentary isn't making a very good case.
    "Unnecessarily dramatic" is an extremely poor choice of words considering the allegations that ERW has put forth.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    "Unnecessarily dramatic" is an extremely poor choice of words considering the allegations that ERW has put forth.
    I'm talking more about the editing and assembly of the presentation in a more technical way... like the animated sections that present her as a little girl aged approx 9 years old. The claims are extreme and I believe them, but it is always possible to oversell the awfulness of something in the hopes that it will resonate with the people you're trying to reach, and I think it stumbles there.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Moving this here from Dead Soul because it's more appropriate.

Donna Kaz, William Hurt's former partner, speaks out about the years of abuse she suffered.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...dPbjmqdh-rQtag

Marlee Matlin's account is well known but I've never heard about Donna Kaz. And yes, I believe her too.

William Hurt, Academy Award winner, legendary actor and serial domestic abuser.

That's that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Most of us here must be saints considering how little we've assaulted other people compared to famous people. It's not even that hard, just don't do it and you're good!

Fuck.